Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis still saying WE
(02-13-2019, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We shall see.  Right now it's like we've just gotten divorced from a long and disappointing marriage and we just snagged a young chick that is the complete opposite of our old, boring wife.  Sure, we are in bliss now, but lord knows this might not work out!

Yep... We don't even know if this ***** can cook yet...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We shall see.  Right now it's like we've just gotten divorced from a long and disappointing marriage and we just snagged a young chick that is the complete opposite of our old, boring wife.  Sure, we are in bliss now, but lord knows this might not work out!

More like we have been fixed up with a blind date.

We have no idea what we are getting, but we are hoping for the best.
Reply/Quote
As for Marvin I expect him to continue to say "we".

Most likely all the way home.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As for Marvin I expect him to continue to say "we".

Most likely all the way home.

As he should....unless he gets a major network gig as an analyst for the NFL. Then he'll have to watch that kind of thing.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 12:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Watched Marvin on ESPN yesterday afternoon on NFL Live. He was an analyst and kept saying WE when talking about the Bengals. I guess it takes a while to separate from a team that you coached 16 years. lol He did a good job on the show.

I don't find that unusual in the least . If he had said "they" then I might have a problem with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 01:40 PM)McC Wrote: How was he?

(02-13-2019, 02:36 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yeah I checked some of it out too.

While pretty monotone, it was interesting to hear him talk about defensive coverages and talk about alignments and what the offense was going to do based on motion.

For his first time, I think he did extremely well

That was the only reason I turned that game on, to check out how he did as an analyst.

They had sound problems a couple of times on the field and in the booth, so that may have hampered things.  All in all he did well though.  I thought he and MJD did a good job of setting each other up for further commentary.

I don't know if he is supposed to do more games, or if it was a one off.  Sirius NFL Radio made mention last week that Marvin owns a home in Phoenix, so it might have been doing it because he was local.
Reply/Quote
After being here for nearly two decades the "we" will probably take awhile to wear off and that's fine. I have nothing against ML and wish him well.

I do not however want him to have anything to do with the new team, that ship has sailed.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: More like we have been fixed up with a blind date.

We have no idea what we are getting, but we are hoping for the best.

Actually, we want Sean McVay, so he is like the hot chick everyone wants but we are a little late to the party so we are several beers in and ham-fistedly hitting on his less attractive younger sister.  Yes, I have experience with this.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, we want Sean McVay, so he is like the hot chick everyone wants but we are a little late to the party so we are several beers in and ham-fistedly hitting on his less attractive younger sister.  Yes, I have experience with this.

Not a perfect analogy, as Taylor could turn out to be even hotter than Mcvay.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not a perfect analogy, as Taylor could turn out to be even hotter than Mcvay.

He could be, because it'll actually be interesting to see if McVay himself is the wave of the future or if he's due to take a step back.  The Patriots have beaten a number of "upcoming dynasties" in the SB that don't make it back the next year.  

I'm just saying that we are after a template more than a specific person.  That's fine, I'm all about shaking things up.  The NFL is full of teams that are chasing last year's trends, though.  Everyone now wants to get their Patrick Mahommes, but the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahommes while everyone wanted to get their Dak Prescott in the 4th round, and so on.

Things will be interesting, no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, we want Sean McVay, so he is like the hot chick everyone wants but we are a little late to the party so we are several beers in and ham-fistedly hitting on his less attractive younger sister.  Yes, I have experience with this.

But you never know.... the hot chick might barely move, while the younger sister ties you up in knots.....
Reply/Quote