Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Request for Todd Grantham
(02-14-2019, 01:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Given the 2 biggest names available (Capers and JDR) sorta turned us down (aka I'm not interested), but let's not try so hard to be depressed. We had our mind set on one person for HC and we got him, we had our mind set on one guy for OC and got him. Folks might want to entertain the idea that we (Mikey, Katey, Zac) are not impressed with those we've brought in.

There is absolutely nothing embarrassing about interviewing and not coming to an agreement. We'll get an DC and it will be because of mutual interest.

It is absolutely embarrassing. Or concerning at the very least. Three candidates have now turned us down in a row. And that’s just the optics of it.

The real worry here is options that were already thin are getting even thinner. We need to get our staff together ASAP. Enough messing around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Glass half empty aside...Glass half full says we interviewed him and were not impressed. 

If they weren't impressed, why interview him twice? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: If they weren't impressed, why interview him twice? Mellow

I know this may sound a bit childish, but hey, I'm a dog, what else would you expect? Even though I was pro-Grantham at first, then had a change of heart and decided I wasn't sure about him coming here, I now hope he sucks at everything he does coaching wise and we celebrate how lucky we were he didn't come here. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 09:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I hope they bring in Elko. He's got that A&M connection. He can help the run D. LB coach maybe?

Alabama's DC came over to coach Browns Lb's. So maybe those are good moves for aspiring NFL coaches on the college level.

How about as the DC? BG, Wake Forest and now A&M.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:32 AM)McC Wrote: Well, for one thing, they need to start keeping their damn mouths shut about what the hell they're doing.  Who keeps leaking all this shit out there anyway?  Whoever these "sources" are need to have their asses fired.  What's with the making everything public bullshit?

Absolutely.....however, you gotta wonder if some of the sources aren't agents.  That being said, it just needs be noted that someone was brought in to interview, and the process is going to be a while wrapping up.  Not hard.

(02-14-2019, 02:02 AM)McC Wrote: The dude came up here knowing he was never gonna take the job.  That is some bullshit right there.  What, he wanted a free ride to come  and experience the polar vortex for himself?

I don't know about that part of it.  I wouldn't think he would stick around for day 2 not giving the job serious consideration.  There was an article out yesterday mentioning his oldest son playing prep ball as a JR.  He mentioned not wanting to move the kid again, as he had been moved so much.  He wanted to let him finish his HS career.  I honestly think he thought long and hard about it, and the reward just didn't outweigh it.  

(02-14-2019, 03:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It is absolutely embarrassing. Or concerning at the very least. Three candidates have now turned us down in a row. And that’s just the optics of it.

The real worry here is options that were already thin are getting even thinner. We need to get our staff together ASAP. Enough messing around.

It's a cluster #### of epic proportions at this point.  I'm like McC though, who keeps leaking this shit before the hiring process is over?  Gotta be the agents, right?  Surely the FO and staff wouldn't want that out there.  As for Capers, I don't think he has any intention of being back on the sideline anywhere.

This waiting around till the SB is over is bullshit.  I have zero clue why a team can't say the job is yours if you want it, if you take it, who would should we start contacting about subordinate positions?  Then proceed behind the scenes to get staffers lined up while the HC is doing his thing in the postseason.  Archaic.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know this may sound a bit childish, but hey, I'm a dog, what else would you expect? Even though I was pro-Grantham at first, then had a change of heart and decided I wasn't sure about him coming here, I now hope he sucks at everything he does coaching wise and we celebrate how lucky we were he didn't come here. Ninja

LMAO.....well, he can go back to sucking as far as I'm concerned, the only thing worse than a Gator, is a Hurricane. LMAO

All jokes aside, has anyone considered that maybe no one wants to come coach the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL?  Just a thought.......

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know this may sound a bit childish, but hey, I'm a dog, what else would you expect? Even though I was pro-Grantham at first, then had a change of heart and decided I wasn't sure about him coming here, I now hope he sucks at everything he does coaching wise and we celebrate how lucky we were he didn't come here. Ninja

Me too.  Good luck trying to catch 'Bama and Georgia, asswipe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure they had as much interest in JDR that everyone thought. I never wanted Capers, However I'm disappointed that we were turned down by Grantham. Hopefully they can find the right people for the defensive side of the ball. It seems like they are running out of options.
Reply/Quote
I never wanted Grantham, but it's definitely concerning that the bengals don't have a DC yet. I did read that a big reason is didn't take the job was because of his family's wishes to stay in Florida. I hope that's true.

Now I hope they offer the job the Pleasant.
Reply/Quote
All the Gator bashing in this thread needs to cease.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:22 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: All the Gator bashing in this thread needs to cease.

LOL.  Don't take it personally.  Just a bunch of venting.  The fact that I hope they never win another game ever is not in any way directed at you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....well, he can go back to sucking as far as I'm concerned, the only thing worse than a Gator, is a Hurricane. LMAO

All jokes aside, has anyone considered that maybe no one wants to come coach the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL?  Just a thought.......

someone should call Syfy lol     Instead of Sharknado....    Gatercane.....
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:24 AM)McC Wrote: LOL.  Don't take it personally.  Just a bunch of venting.  The fact that I hope they never win another game ever is not in any way directed at you.

I don't. I was speaking (well, typing) tongue-in-cheek. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:31 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't. I was speaking (well, typing) tongue-in-cheek. 

I know.  Me too.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:31 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't. I was speaking (well, typing) tongue-in-cheek. 

still salty they stole national titles from my buckeyes in 2 sports in 1 year lol.
But Love Gator-aide.
Reply/Quote

I wasn't. Mellow

Ninja LMAO

In all seriousness, I only despise the Gators one week out of each season, Miami, on the other hand........

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wasn't. Mellow

Ninja LMAO

In all seriousness, I only despise the Gators one week out of each season, Miami, on the other hand........

Miami Hurricane fans - yes, all 38 of them - are the worst collection of human beings since the Mongol hordes. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wasn't. Mellow

Ninja LMAO

So in other words, you're all aboard the "replace Dalton with Kaaya" train?  Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Miami Hurricane fans - yes, all 38 of them - are the worst collection of human beings since the Mongol hordes. 

but without the hurricanes we might not have the Rock!...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So in other words, you're all aboard the "replace Dalton with Kaaya" train?  Smirk

Oh yeah.....you know it! :andy:

Reply/Quote