Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview With Dre Kirk
Dre was on The Rich Eisen Show and was talking about our upcoming season. He says how different the defense looks and will look with Michael Johnson back and that Geno looks good, which is also helping the defense look different (obviously).

He has some good things to say about the team and the direction that we're going, but that's one thing that I'm tired of hearing when Dre said:

Quote:Heading in the right direction

We've been building and I think we're there, so I don't want to hear heading anywhere, I want to hear "we've been maturing as players and getting better, so we're ready to make a run at a title."

I do like how he talked about his charity and about giving back to his old neighborhood and kids in bad places.

He talks about Devon Still and says that he could possibly be a Pro Bowler eventually, and that was after Rich said that he was fighting for a roster spot, which was a huge thing to say!

I'm loving Dre and I'm expecting big things from him this season!
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the find, was a good watch. ThumbsUp

The parts about Pryor and the rookie WR he picks on were great.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
I wasn't even paying attention to the end when Rich asked him about what he thought on the argument between Cromartie and Sherman about who the better corner was, expecting to get Dre's opinion between the two, and Dre said "you need to add me to that list"! Looked like it caught Rich off-guard but I LOVE IT because that's the kind of confidence/arrogance you need to play corner!

Dre's going to bring that swag!
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting big things this year from Kirkpatrick. He was looking good vs Denver.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Great find. I remember a few years ago everyone wanted to label him a bust. Myself somewhat included.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wasn't even paying attention to the end when Rich asked him about what he thought on the argument between Cromartie and Sherman about who the better corner was, expecting to get Dre's opinion between the two, and Dre said "you need to add me to that list"!  Looked like it caught Rich off-guard but I LOVE IT because that's the kind of confidence/arrogance you need to play corner!

I like his attitude and i like how he appears to be a pretty good ball hawk. I hope to soon like how much he stays healthy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Still has a lot to prove.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 06:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Still has a lot to prove.

Agreed but he looks like it's finally clicking for him in the NFL and like he'll put it all on the field.

He sounds like he knows it's finally time to step-up and realizes that he has all of the tools and abilities to be a good NFL corner.
Reply/Quote
I'M PUMPED!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 08:19 PM)Harmening Wrote: I'M PUMPED!!!

We all are!

This article from CincyJungle makes it sound like Dennard and Dre will be taking over at corner, with Leon playing slot corner and anywhere in nickel and then in dime packages:

Quote:But, I still think that Leon has a value on this team and that's why they haven't cut him or asked him to take a pay-cut or anything like that. He's still a good slot corner and he can play anywhere, as you saw in the OTAs, in the nickel and dime.

Young guys taking over at corner has me pumped because I think they both can make some big plays, especially with our pass rush looking like it's going to be nasty!

Also says that Adam Jones was playing some great football at the end of last season and that he, Dennard, or Dre could start:

Quote:Adam Jones is still playing some great ball. At the end of the year, Adam Jones was their best corner and I didn't see anything in the spring that would say anything different. So, there are three really good corners there and two of them can only start, but I think they're going to probably rotate

I love Jones at corner, but, if we're not going to let him return punts if he is on the field at all during a series on defense, I'd almost rather just let the young guys play D and have Jones return.  

Of course, we could have a young guy do well in returning that could replace Jones, but Jones has been so good that I don't see that happening.  I definitely don't want Tate returning the ball, but maybe a guy like Alford could return some when Jones is in on defensive series.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We all are!

This article from CincyJungle makes it sound like Dennard and Dre will be taking over at corner, with Leon playing slot corner and anywhere in nickel and then in dime packages:

Young guys taking over at corner has me pumped because I think they both can make some big plays, especially with our pass rush looking like it's going to be nasty!

I am also STOKED on the young guys paying corner.
Mostly Dennard.

DreK has his own swagger, and its good, but Dennard is going to bring to the secondary what vontaze brought to the front 7. Granted this is all just my opinion, but something about Dennard makes me feel like he will make the entire secondary great. I was really bummed when he didn't play much last year, but he made his presence felt in the playoff game. It was funny that the rookie who barely touched the field made one of the only plays that may have won us that game. Good strip Dennard.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Dre was on The Rich Eisen Show and was talking about our upcoming season.  He says how different the defense looks and will look with Michael Johnson back and that Geno looks good, which is also helping the defense look different (obviously).

He has some good things to say about the team and the direction that we're going, but that's one thing that I'm tired of hearing when Dre said:

We've been building and I think we're there, so I don't want to hear heading anywhere, I want to hear "we've been maturing as players and getting better, so we're ready to make a run at a title."

I do like how he talked about his charity and about giving back to his old neighborhood and kids in bad places.

He talks about Devon Still and says that he could possibly be a Pro Bowler eventually, and that was after Rich said that he was fighting for a roster spot, which was a huge thing to say!

I'm loving Dre and I'm expecting big things from him this season!

Dre Kirkpatrick has lost his damn mind!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Quote:Heading in the right direction

At some point one needs to arrive at the destination. One can drive a very long route to get to Vegas and take years and years to get there or one can simply take the direct route and arrive.

It's time this team arrived at its destination.

And Devon Still needs a most spectacular camp to just make the roster. The team gave him a sympathy spot last year, but that's pretty much over.

Reply/Quote
Towards the latter part of last year, I took Kirkpatrick off my "bust" list. I just hope he doesn't get too cocky when the season starts. If he continues to do what he's been doing and keeps his head on right, he can be a pro-bowl type player for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:36 AM)jason Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick has lost his damn mind!!!!

Never know now that Still can focus 100% on football and maybe the entire thing with Leah will given him an extra drive and keep him more focused on doing his job.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 08:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Never know now that Still can focus 100% on football and maybe the entire thing with Leah will given him an extra drive and keep him more focused on doing his job.

And before that was an issue what was the reason? 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 10:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And before that was an issue what was the reason? 

Had only been in the league for two years and usually takes players time to get accustomed to the NFL.  "

Maybe he had been looking good but he's obviously not going to beat-out Geno and the coaches have the love affair with Peko, so where was he supposed to play?
Reply/Quote
i loved the story last year. And I sure hope he and his daughter continue to fight that horrible cancer. What the team and league did last year was all class. From a roster/talent standpoint, I cant see Still making the final roster barring injury *knock on wood
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 02:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Had only been in the league for two years and usually takes players time to get accustomed to the NFL.  "

Maybe he had been looking good but he's obviously not going to beat-out Geno and the coaches have the love affair with Peko, so where was he supposed to play?

When he did play he was bad. 
Zimmer called him out for it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wasn't even paying attention to the end when Rich asked him about what he thought on the argument between Cromartie and Sherman about who the better corner was, expecting to get Dre's opinion between the two, and Dre said "you need to add me to that list"! Looked like it caught Rich off-guard but I LOVE IT because that's the kind of confidence/arrogance you need to play corner!

Hes a hell of a good guy with great sportsmanship wouldnt you say.
Reply/Quote