Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with Dalton
(04-17-2020, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He would be more valuable as a back up to the Bengals than to any other team, so they might offer him the most money.  In that case he might do it.

I just think it would seem awkward.  

Here is why it is not awkward.. unlike how Cam got his exit.. the Bengals and Dalton have been in this process together at times.. the relationship between the two seems strong.. Dalton might test the waters if he is cut and it really would be his call to think about coming back... and he totally knows he is the backup...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to get political, but there is a chance opening the economy now sets us back even further.  It's a wait and see sort of situation. 

Not to get political, but isn't surreal that a statement like that could be taken to be political? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:41 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Not to get political, but isn't surreal that a statement like that could be taken to be political? 

John Lennon said:

Nobody told me there'd be days like these.
Strange days indeed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:41 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Not to get political, but isn't surreal that a statement like that could be taken to be political? 

Nah, I sneezed in 1st grade and when the teacher told me to cover my sneeze if I please I basically told her to cut the commie crap or I'd have to bring a gun to school.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 07:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the Patriots just roll with what they have and tank for Trevor like the Colts took one year to suck for Luck.  Seeing how happy we are that we successfully did blow for Burrow, I could hardly blame them. 

I guess that is a thought that never came into my mind.

(04-17-2020, 07:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re not landing the 1st pick with the best defense in the league.

They won't be the best defense in the league if they are on the field all the time.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 07:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the Patriots just roll with what they have and tank for Trevor like the Colts took one year to suck for Luck.  Seeing how happy we are that we successfully did blow for Burrow, I could hardly blame them. 

The only reason I'd say the Pats won't do this is due to Belichick's age (68).

Not sure he'd want to waste a year tanking for a QB. Then possibly wasting another getting a young guy up to speed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only reason I'd say the Pats won't do this is due to Belichick's age (68).

Not sure he'd want to waste a year tanking for a QB. Then possibly wasting another getting a young guy up to speed.

Trevor has a lot of repairing of his mystique to do for anyone to even want to tank for him. 

He was bad the last two time anyone saw him.  And his season itself was a step back from his freshman year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote