Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intolerance Life Style

[Image: m6moCD1.png]

The video won't play. Wait...are you posting this to show my internet browser is intolerant of your video? Deep, man.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-16-2016, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The video won't play.  Wait...are you posting this to show my internet browser is intolerant of your video?  Deep, man.

Fixed.....

Hilarious. I know people with legit gluten intolerance, and they hate this fad with a fiery passion.
(03-16-2016, 02:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hilarious. I know people with legit gluten intolerance, and they hate this fad with a fiery passion.

Your mood notification, due to my screen resolution, says cumdungeon.   Mellow

(03-16-2016, 02:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hilarious. I know people with legit gluten intolerance, and they hate this fad with a fiery passion.

Same here.  I know a gal who can't eat gluten and she assures me there is NOTHING cool about not being able to eat pizza.

(03-16-2016, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Same here.  I know a gal who can't eat gluten and she assures me there is NOTHING cool about not being able to eat pizza.

I'm gluten intolerant. Sometimes this happens when you get older. Has to due with gut bacteria I believe.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-16-2016, 03:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm gluten intolerant. Sometimes this happens when you get older. Has to due with gut bacteria I believe.

Not necessarily. The person I know has Celiacs, which is an auto-immune disorder. Her body essentially starts attacking itself when gluten is involved. It's not pretty.

There is a growing consensus that non-Celiacs gluten sensitivity is a thing, but there are issues that can arise from it. My mother also deals with it now. As for what causes this, there is no consensus, which is one of the reasons why it is a bit controversial.
(03-16-2016, 03:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not necessarily. The person I know has Celiacs, which is an auto-immune disorder. Her body essentially starts attacking itself when gluten is involved. It's not pretty.

There is a growing consensus that non-Celiacs gluten sensitivity is a thing, but there are issues that can arise from it. My mother also deals with it now. As for what causes this, there is no consensus, which is one of the reasons why it is a bit controversial.

Except all studies thus far have shown that unless you have Celiacs, your intolerance to gluten is all in your head.

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-who-found-evidence-for-gluten-sensitivity-have-now-shown-it-doesn-t-exist 

(03-16-2016, 03:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Except all studies thus far have shown that unless you have Celiacs, your intolerance to gluten is all in your head.

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-who-found-evidence-for-gluten-sensitivity-have-now-shown-it-doesn-t-exist 

Psychosomatic illnesses are still illnesses. Tongue

Honestly, I'm in the "it's all in your head" camp, but I try to be nice about it since I know so many people who are otherwise highly intelligent, but believe in this.
(03-16-2016, 03:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not necessarily. The person I know has Celiacs, which is an auto-immune disorder. Her body essentially starts attacking itself when gluten is involved. It's not pretty.

Celiacs is auto-immune and also has to do with a reduction in the bodies ability to absorb certain vitamins and nutrients through food due to the auto-immune reaction in the small intestine. Newer research is showing that gut bacteria play a role in this reaction and may even be the cause of the auto-immune reaction (according to my wife).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-16-2016, 03:53 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Celiacs is auto-immune and also has to do with a reduction in the bodies ability to absorb certain vitamins and nutrients through food due to the auto-immune reaction in the small intestine. Newer research is showing that gut bacteria play a role in this reaction and may even be the cause of the auto-immune reaction massive amounts of butt-vapor (according to my wife).

Ninja
(03-16-2016, 04:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ninja

I was always a gassy fellow, but the flatulence emanating from me since I started taking a regular prescription proton pump inhibitor has been rather operatic. I can only imagine what it would be like if I had reactions to particular foods like that. My fermented favorites are enough for my wife. LOL
(03-16-2016, 03:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Except all studies thus far have shown that unless you have Celiacs, your intolerance to gluten is all in your head.

Was just going to post this. There is no such thing as Gluten intolerance, either you have celiac or you don't. Kind of crazy how these fads come around where it turns into rage against some random thing because it is the "real" root of all issues in your body.
(03-16-2016, 04:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was always a gassy fellow, but the flatulence emanating from me since I started taking a regular prescription proton pump inhibitor has been rather operatic. I can only imagine what it would be like if I had reactions to particular foods like that. My fermented favorites are enough for my wife. LOL

My wife is big on Kimchi, so I'm good in the fermented dept.
Tongue
(03-16-2016, 04:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was always a gassy fellow, but the flatulence emanating from me since I started taking a regular prescription proton pump inhibitor has been rather operatic. I can only imagine what it would be like if I had reactions to particular foods like that. My fermented favorites are enough for my wife. LOL

Classiest fart-post ever?