Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intresting stat I saw about QBs
Looking at Sharpfootball, through 6 weeks of the NFL season ( I could not find for all 16 weeks) they had article
On the most pressured QBs. The article only listed 8, but some of the names on the list were intresting

1. Justin Herbert...45% 13 blown block/ 32 no blown block

2. Daniel Jones. 43% 15/27

3. Kirk Cousins. 42% 15/27

4. Lamar Jackson. 38% 6/32

5. Sam Darnold. 38% 9/29

6. Carson Wentz. 37% 9/28

7. Russel Wilson. 36% 6/30

8. Josh Allen 36% 7/29

Now I couldnt find the balance of the 24 QBs, but I found a stat
On that Burrow he was pressured 146 times on 453 dropbacks
I think.that equates to 31%.
And yes he was sacked 32 times in 10 games. But by his accord by that time he was getting more comfortable with reads , checkdowns
Audibles when he got hurt.
But the narrative on here by some is that everytime JB dropped
Back to throw he was on his back. Thats not true.

This oline needs upgrades for sure. But it has added Reiff and Frank Pollack. And now you factor in health and JB being more comfortable going into year 2, those factors I listed might
Add up to not drafting a OT at 5.
Reply/Quote
I think what you’re pointing out here is the real issue which is the number of drop backs in ZTs offense. Our line is not the worst, but when you put them in pass blocking situations 50 times a game, they are gonna have some slip ups. The best thing for protecting Burrow would’ve been leaning more on the run game. Hopefully we do that in 2021 but it’s difficult when the running game is highly ineffective..
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 01:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think what you’re pointing out here is the real issue which is the number of drop backs in ZTs offense. Our line is not the worst, but when you put them in pass blocking situations 50 times a game, they are gonna have some slip ups. The best thing for protecting Burrow would’ve been leaning more on the run game. Hopefully we do that in 2021 but it’s difficult when the running game is highly ineffective..
Zac Taylor acted like JB was in a flag football league
Or Zac had his mind in PS4 mode with all the dropbacks

Vs the AFC North alone JB averaged 44.5 pass attempts 
A game.  Let that marinate...44 dropbacks and scan the
Field. Every AFC North team with good to elite pass rushers

Burrow never threw less than 30 times a game.
Vs the Browns alone he put the ball in the air 108 times.

Was the running game not working? Sure. But sometimes
You have to stick with it. 

In the 2 wins with Burrow he  only threw it 36 and 37 times

You cant expect olines to be like a wall of granite
When your QB is throwing it that much. 

There is some darn good QBs on that list.
But they don't have perfect olines. 
The % Burrow got pressured was less than Herbert
Cousins Wilson and Allen. He didnt even make the top
So let's take into account JB was a rookie and ZT was
A idiot for dropping him back so much.

That was still less of a pressure % as compared to better
Olines and OCs
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 01:50 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Looking at Sharpfootball, through 6 weeks of the NFL season ( I could not find for all 16 weeks) they had article
On the most pressured QBs. The article only listed 8, but some of the names on the list were intresting

1. Justin Herbert...45%   13 blown block/ 32 no blown block

2. Daniel Jones. 43%   15/27

3. Kirk Cousins. 42%  15/27

4. Lamar Jackson. 38%  6/32

5. Sam Darnold. 38%  9/29

6. Carson Wentz. 37%  9/28

7. Russel Wilson. 36%  6/30

8. Josh Allen  36%  7/29

These numbers don't make any sense.  They look like stats for one individual game instead of 6 weeks worth of games.
Reply/Quote
The only stat that I need to know is that Burrow was on a record pace for hits over the course of a season when he went down.

Yet he was getting sacked on 8.0 percent of his dropbacks, the seventh-highest number in the league. Coming into Week 11, Pro Football Focus graded the Bengals 26th in pass blocking, and ESPN ranked them 28th in pass-block win rate. Per ESPN, the Bengals have been able to hold off opposing pass rushers for at least 2.5 seconds (what they call a “win” as a pass-blocking unit) on just 50 percent of the team’s snaps. Coming into the game, Burrow had taken 72 hits—a historically high number:
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: These numbers don't make any sense.  They look like stats for one individual game instead of 6 weeks worth of games.

They're percentages (including the adjacent fractions). What's unclear is what the percentages are derived from -- total dropbacks, pressurable dropbacks (e.g. those wherein the QB didn't get rid of the ball too fast for pressure to be plausible), or something else.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: These numbers don't make any sense.  They look like stats for one individual game instead of 6 weeks worth of games.

Sharpfootball broke it down into 2 categories by %
Blown blocks and just straight up pressures
That was the % through 6 weeks. 
So Justin Herbert was pressured 45% of the time 
On his dropbacks.
Reply/Quote