Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction
For those of you that have been around for a while you may remember this being a staple of the Mothership. Holic and I have been in communication and we want to carry that tradition over to this new and improved board. Time sure does fly. seems like only yesterday that Holic was just trying to get enough rep to participate in the draft.

I have agreed to act as Commish but will be handing off the baton to someone else after this year. I have targeted 4/2/2016 as the date of the official announcement. I was going to go with 4/1/2016, but history has shown me that the boards can be a trying place on that day. All I need between now and then is a feel for if you are interested, what (if any) should be requirements to participate, and how many rounds. Also if you are interested in assisting and/or being Commish in training. These will be huge shoes to fill but there may be someone out there up for the Challenge.

Suggestion#1: We will carry nothing over from the old boards to include ownership of the Bengals or Rep that got you more teams/picks. Yay or Nay
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-22-2016, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For those of you that have been around for a while you may remember this being a staple of the Mothership.  Holic and I have been in communication and we want to carry that tradition over to this new and improved board. Time sure does fly. seems like only yesterday that Holic was just trying to get enough rep to participate in the draft.

I have agreed to act as Commish but will be handing off the baton to someone else after this year. I have targeted 4/2/2016 as the date of the official announcement. I was going to go with 4/1/2016, but history has shown me that the boards can be a trying place on that day. All I need between now and then is a feel for if you are interested, what (if any) should be requirements to participate,  and how many rounds. Also if you are interested in assisting and/or being Commish in training. These will be huge shoes to fill but there may be someone out there up for the Challenge.  

Suggestion#1: We will carry nothing over from the old boards to include ownership of the Bengals or Rep that got you more teams/picks. Yay or Nay

I vote nay on that for the sole purpose that we already know certain members that have done it and were reliable, even if they weren't here on time. However, I don't think there should be a rep point requirement to participate or anything like that.

Just don't be a troll and we're good.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
I'm not a long time member, generally more of a lurker/hit and run poster, but I would love to be a part of this if it's okay. The only thing I would want is to NOT be the Bengals or an AFCN team. Would be fun to dive in head first and get to know another team(s) in the league in depth. I'm fine with whatever rules/timeline/# of teams that the Commish suggests.
(03-22-2016, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For those of you that have been around for a while you may remember this being a staple of the Mothership.  Holic and I have been in communication and we want to carry that tradition over to this new and improved board. Time sure does fly. seems like only yesterday that Holic was just trying to get enough rep to participate in the draft.

I have agreed to act as Commish but will be handing off the baton to someone else after this year. I have targeted 4/2/2016 as the date of the official announcement. I was going to go with 4/1/2016, but history has shown me that the boards can be a trying place on that day. All I need between now and then is a feel for if you are interested, what (if any) should be requirements to participate,  and how many rounds. Also if you are interested in assisting and/or being Commish in training. These will be huge shoes to fill but there may be someone out there up for the Challenge.  

Sounds good, and I agree with your suggestion. 
(03-22-2016, 09:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I vote nay on that for the sole purpose that we already know certain members that have done it and were reliable, even if they weren't here on time. However, I don't think there should be a rep point requirement to participate or anything like that.

Just don't be a troll and we're good.

Yea I'm with you, I can remember names that did it every year but the board may be too new to go by a post or rep count.

On the other hand though, you probably need to have some kind of minimum requirement so you don't have guys with 3 post , Maybe a 50 Post / 50 Rep requirement just to at least have board members that have been around a reasonable amount of time? That or just use judgement calls on those members with hardly any post or rep.
(03-23-2016, 02:01 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea I'm with you, I can remember names that did it every year but the board may be too new to go by a post or rep count.

On the other hand though, you probably need to have some kind of minimum requirement so you don't have guys with 3 post , Maybe a 50 Post / 50 Rep requirement just to at least have board members that have been around a reasonable amount of time? That or just use judgement calls on those members with hardly any post or rep.

I could agree on that. I was mostly using the old board as a reference as to better deciding who gets what teams and such.

But as you said, this board is fairly new and have had some people come along and show a true interest in the draft.

I will be happy to participate again. Just let me know.
I'll play but like someone else said I wouldn't mind having a team outside the AFCN.
I'm always down for the mock draft.

Yay on the suggestion.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Hopefully my schedule allows me to get back into it this year. I'm still working swing shift and only have Fri-Sun evenings/nights available.
Mark me down again.

Suggestion sounds good.
I'm down. Followed closely in previous years, but never really had the time to participate. I absolutely can this year.
I'll be lurking as usual. I don't feel qualified to play since I don't watch much college football and don't really know the players before they get into the NFL.
I'm gonna have to back out not sure if I'll have the time.
(03-24-2016, 12:09 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm gonna have to back out not sure if I'll have the time.

No one ever said that you were in.......

J/K

If you have no/low post and rep requirements, you might want to post a rundown of how it all works in your initial post so people know what they're volunteering for.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I'm in if y'all will have me
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Thoughts on inviting a resident Raven and/or Steeler fan to run their team:

(03-26-2016, 10:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thoughts on inviting a resident Raven and/or Steeler fan to run their team:

If they're members of this forum I don't see why not

(03-26-2016, 10:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thoughts on inviting a resident Raven and/or Steeler fan to run their team:

No issues as long as they take it seriously.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown