Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa’s Excellent Center
https://t.co/CLZuhZA4c0

Tyler Linderbaum is a pure, Alex Gibbs style, wide zone superstar in the making. Just 290 pounds now, as he adds power to his game I think he would a great fit for Pollack’s scheme.

As a side comment. People routinely project Trey Hill as being “Pollack’s guy”. That’s almost preposterous to anyone who knows o-line schemes.

Michael Jordan’s disturbing 2 year run was another surefire FO pick. This isn’t the 90’s anymore. Position coaches have a minor part in the draft room.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 12:50 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: https://t.co/CLZuhZA4c0

Tyler Linderbaum is a pure, Alex Gibbs style, wide zone superstar in the making. Just 290 pounds now, as he adds power to his game I think he would a great fit for Pollack’s scheme.  

As a side comment.  People routinely project Trey Hill as being “Pollack’s guy”.  That’s almost preposterous to anyone who knows o-line schemes.

Michael Jordan’s disturbing 2 year run was another surefire FO pick.  This isn’t the 90’s anymore. Position coaches have a minor part in the draft room.

a 290 C is a concern in our Div and in NFL....
350LB NTs to deal with
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 12:24 PM)kalibengal Wrote: a 290 C is a concern in our Div and in NFL....
350LB NTs to deal with

For sure.  And, if you want to move the ball on critical 3rd, 4th and short, you gotta have enough ass to push the pile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tyler Linderbaum is an athletically gifted center that is very technically sound in in Iowa's zone blocking offense. I would love to add him if the Bengals are drafting mid to late first round. He does have issues though he isn't the most powerful lineman gives up ground in pass protection.

As for Trey Hill fitting the Wide Zone scheme isn't out of the realm of possibilities. He doesnt have the athletic profile you usually see for the position but he is powerful and showed solid explosiveness out of his stance in 2019 but those knees hurt his 2020.

It's funny probably the best wide zone center in the NFL is Rams Brian Allen and he has a similar athletic profile to Trey Hill.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tiger
They have a really good CB too.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Linderbaum’s run blocking grade the last four weeks:

? Week 6 - 87.3 (1st)
? Week 5 - 84.8 (1st)
? Week 4 - 80.9 (2nd)
? Week 3 - 87.5 (1st)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Tyler Linderbaum’s run blocking grade the last four weeks:

? Week 6 - 87.3 (1st)
? Week 5 - 84.8 (1st)
? Week 4 - 80.9 (2nd)
? Week 3 - 87.5 (1st)

Linderbaum is building his resume.
The only thing that will really turn teams away is his size, but he knows how to win despite that size.
Personally, I would strongly consider him if picking in the 15-25 range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As much as I like this Center, I think Green may be a better fit, from A & M; he can play all 5 OL positions and is studly as well. My fear is that Bengals will draft CB in round 1, like Sauce Gardner. But as long as they address OL the first 3 rounds and "hit" on a new Center, I would be happy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: As much as I like this Center, I think Green may be a better fit, from A & M; he can play all 5 OL positions and is studly as well.  My fear is that Bengals will draft CB in round 1, like Sauce Gardner.  But as long as they address OL the first 3 rounds and "hit" on a new Center, I would be happy.

Don't fear a CB selected in Rd 1. They've gone offense every season in Taylor's tenure.
If there's one position worth taking in Rd 1, it's CB.
It'd be about the only position I'd take in Rd 1 other than OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
IF Hopkins maintains his current level of play, I wouldn't mind a C in round 1 or 2.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Linderbaum is building his resume.
The only thing that will really turn teams away is his size, but he knows how to win despite that size.
Personally, I would strongly consider him if picking in the 15-25 range.

I believe he has a wrestling background, which helps him a lot. 
Reply/Quote
The way we are playing now, this kid may be ling gone by the time we pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 01:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The way we are playing now, this kid may be ling gone by the time we pick.

This is what I am thinking. Doubt he lasts till we pick in the first round the way we are playing.

Lindenbaum is still my hope though, maybe he lasts cause he is only 290 pounds. I would still take him, doesn't matter he is still a
great run blocker and good enough to hold his ground in pass protection. Dude is the best OL in the nation from what I have seen.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 07:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what I am thinking. Doubt he lasts till we pick in the first round the way we are playing.

Lindenbaum is still my hope though, maybe he lasts cause he is only 290 pounds. I would still take him, doesn't matter he is still a
great run blocker and good enough to hold his ground in pass protection. Dude is the best OL in the nation from what I have seen.

I'd think he'd be able to add another 5-10 lbs and still be effective.
Jason Kelce is only 295 lbs and he's been a really good C in the league for the past decade.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd think he'd be able to add another 5-10 lbs and still be effective.
Jason Kelce is only 295 lbs and he's been a really good C in the league for the past decade.

True. Jason is one of the best. It is about leverage and technique more then weight. Jonah Williams is an undersized Tackle 
and he still holds his own and like you said Lindenbaum can gain another 5 to 10 pounds and it shouldn't hurt him any.
Reply/Quote
The Center from Minnesota looks really good this year John Michael Schmitz. He handled that Ohio State defensive line easily enough week 1.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Whether it's this guy, or another center, we desperately need a new starting center. Hopkins was always, at best, average (honestly, I always felt he was below average, but we have endured such consistently terrible center play for the last 16 years, it's hard to complain when you're merely given "meh" rather than "Bodine/Ghiaciuc levels of bad"), but he has reached a new low this season and he is getting rocked back on every single 3rd and short run we've had this season. We need to get better at those 3rd and short conversions and a good push from our IOL is a big part of that required improvement.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether it's this guy, or another center, we desperately need a new starting center. Hopkins was always, at best, average (honestly, I always felt he was below average, but we have endured such consistently terrible center play for the last 16 years, it's hard to complain when you're merely given "meh" rather than "Bodine/Ghiaciuc levels of bad"), but he has reached a new low this season and he is getting rocked back on every single 3rd and short run we've had this season. We need to get better at those 3rd and short conversions and a good push from our IOL is a big part of that required improvement.

I'm not sure we can just get any early-round pick C that would be an upgrade over Hopkins.
We saw what happened with Billy Price, who was projected to be one of the Top 3 C's in the draft.
He turned out to be worse than Hopkins.

We probably need to start putting together a list of Centers (both in FA and draft) that we legitimately feel would be a solid-or-better starting C.

Right now, the only ones I feel confident in are:
- Linderbaum (1st round pick)
- Jason Kelce (FA)
- Ben Jones (FA)

I know there are some other prospects like Alec Lindstrom and Luke Matthews (both who have siblings playing in the NFL), but I need to revisit their scouting reports/tape, as I haven't gone through that in a few months.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I want a stud Center so badly at this point I almost want them to trade up to grab Linderbaum if they have to. I know they won’t, but one can dream.

Reply/Quote
There’s already a thread for him on the 1st page…

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Iowa%E2%80%99s-Excellent-Center

Reply/Quote