Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa State fires Paul Rhoads
Went 32-54 in 7 seasons as Cyclones head coach, but led the Cyclones to 3 bowl games.

Will coach the team's final game at West Virginia Saturday,
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden deserves this job.
Reply/Quote
Not a surprise.  People here in Iowa saw this move coming at the beginning of the season.  This past weekend's game against KSU was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Iowa State needs a coach that runs a triple option type offense.   There is no way they are going to be able to compete in the recruiting world with the Oklahoma's and Texas schools of the Big XII.  They need to do something different offensively.  I'd like for them to look at Air Force's coach, Troy Calhoun or Navy's Head Coach. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:55 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Not a surprise.  People here in Iowa saw this move coming at the beginning of the season.  This past weekend's game against KSU was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Iowa State needs a coach that runs a triple option type offense.   There is no way they are going to be able to compete in the recruiting world with the Oklahoma's and Texas schools of the Big XII.  They need to do something different offensively.  I'd like for them to look at Air Force's coach, Troy Calhoun or Navy's Head Coach. 

I have a hard time seeing them pry Calhoun away from Air Force, it's his dream job. I also can't se[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Niumatalolo][/url]e Niumatalolo leaving Navy. He could have them in the hunt for a New Year's Bowl annually. Iowa State is a long term project that's going to need a lot of patience.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Todd Campbell, the HC from Toledo has been named the new HC of ISU. Does anyone know anything about him? What kind of offense, etc? People here in Iowa are a little more than underwhelmed to say the least. I'm keeping an open mind about him. I know Toledo had a good year this year, but that's about it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Todd Campbell, the HC from Toledo has been named the new HC of ISU.  Does anyone know anything about him?  What kind of offense, etc? People here in Iowa are a little more than underwhelmed to say the least.  I'm keeping an open mind about him.  I know Toledo had a good year this year, but that's about it.

When he played college ball his first year was at Pittsburgh. That was his only year outside of Ohio when it came to football. He went to high school in Ohio, transferred to Mount Union after his 1 year stint at Pittsburgh, ans then coached at Mount Union, Bowling Green, and Toledo. This reminds me of Darrell Hazell. Coach up a struggling MAC program and then move on to a really bad power 5 team.

Good luck to him, but I don't see this succeeding.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote