Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitaker Hearing
The GOP runs defense for Trump rather than asking questions or take the hearing seriously.

Whitaker takes 3 minutes to NOT answer a yes/no question.  And not a "Have you stopped beating your wife" type question.  An honest to god yes/no question.  Then WHITAKER tells the congressman his time his up.

What a waste of time and resources.

Whitaker is a joke.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hearing-for-acting-ag-whitaker-erupts-in-fireworks-as-top-republican-alleges-character-assassination
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Typical congressional hearing.

"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

And that goes for both the subject and the ones asking the questions.
(02-08-2019, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Typical congressional hearing.

"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

And that goes for both the subject and the ones asking the questions.

That's why I usually avoid them.  Sadly this one got under the radar and I had to hear the unqualified moron act like jerk for a few minutes.  Smirk
So being an ass in front of congress is no longer cool?

[Image: GettyImages_997068876.0.jpg]
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-08-2019, 03:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So being an ass in front of congress is no longer cool?

Who said it ever was?

These dog-and-pony shows are a waste of time for both sides.
(02-08-2019, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who said it ever was?

These dog-and-pony shows are a waste of time for both sides.

I agree, but people love it when someone is belligerent to the party opposite of theirs.  It shouldn't be hard to find gushing over Strzok's performance, and on the opposite end people who thought he was a punk, but will love Whitaker.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-08-2019, 03:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So being an ass in front of congress is no longer cool?

Never was.

[Image: 5bb2623b260000360081ce8a.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]
I think people ought to pay close attention to these hearings. They are the best index of what is really happening on Capitol Hill, or sometimes what is not happening.

When the transcript of Whitaker's testimony comes out, it will be interesting to compare with that of past hearings, perhaps most especially Strozk's. Questions as well as answers.
(02-08-2019, 03:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I agree, but people love it when someone is belligerent to the party opposite of theirs.  It shouldn't be hard to find gushing over Strzok's performance, and on the opposite end people who thought he was a punk, but will love Whitaker.  

Sure, but then let's look at the transcripts closely, and the video again.  
(02-08-2019, 03:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: The GOP runs defense for Trump rather than asking questions or take the hearing seriously.

Whitaker takes 3 minutes to NOT answer a yes/no question.  And not a "Have you stopped beating your wife" type question.  An honest to god yes/no question.  Then WHITAKER tells the congressman his time his up.

What a waste of time and resources.

Whitaker is a joke.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hearing-for-acting-ag-whitaker-erupts-in-fireworks-as-top-republican-alleges-character-assassination

I hate it when folks won't answer a simple yes/no question and agree it's a joke. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

My favorite part of this soap opera was Whitaker saying he would voluntarily testify, unless subpoenaed, then he wouldn’t testify. Umm what?
This man has no business being the acting AG.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-08-2019, 07:52 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, but then let's look at the transcripts closely, and the video again.  

I’m good