Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-27-2015, 12:07 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: As a single parent who grew up with both parents, it's not nearly as black and white as you would like to make it out to be.  All this crap about the erosion  of the family unit, well heterosexual marriages are doing just fine of screwing that up on there own.  I don't see how that makes any difference on same sex marriage, since most don't have children anyway, unless it was from a previous marriage.

I see what your saying .... And yes most gays are just living it up with no kids. So why get married? You can form a domestic partnetship.... You can contract for the "benefits" ...

My personal belief is we are seriously lacking fathers overall in society and they aren't learning how to be a man, because their is a lack of fathers in the home.
(05-27-2015, 12:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I see what your saying .... And yes most gays are just living it up with no kids.   So why get married?  You can form a domestic partnetship....  You can contract for the "benefits" ...
Because you don't get any "benefits" without being legally married.
Quote:My personal belief is we are seriously lacking fathers overall in society and they aren't learning how to be a man, because their is a lack of fathers in the home.

This is a subject for a different discussion and has zero to do with same sex marriage.
(05-27-2015, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know you do.  In fact one of my best friends works for Bechtel National out of Oak Ridge.  He is possibly being sent to a long term project on that very nuclear power plant.  If he does then I will go down there to visit him (he had a condo on the beach last time he was down there).  So I will have a chance to look you up and meet in person.

But to claim that you don't want any safety regulations on nuclear power plants is obviously a joke.  I know you lack a lot of knowledge in many areas, but surely you are aware of the safety record of industry in the United States before there were standard safety regulations.  When profit is the only motive no one spends any money on safety.

Your not gonna profit much If you let your nuclear power plant falter. There is a place for some regulation but obviously the regulation I am focused on is the kind that violates individual righs to favor a chosen group over the rest.

And let me know when your here, will meet up for a couple drinks. I think that would quite interesting. I know exactly where the condos are your mate will stay.
(05-27-2015, 12:22 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Because you don't get any "benefits" without being legally married.

This is a subject for a different discussion and has zero to do with same sex marriage.

Yeah it is.... It's easy to get into the weeds because it's all an aspect in famly which some advocate hurt the family unit.
(05-27-2015, 12:15 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Sorry this statement really bugs me, maybe it's because I'm single father.  Maybe it's because you sound really judgmental.  But you don't know other peoples lives, you sound awful here.  Sometimes divorce is better for the children depending on the circumstances.  There was a time when children were brought up in some pretty abusive homes because divorce was considered taboo.

Whoa ... I wasn't making a statement on your situation. Obviously in times of violence, abuse, neglect that is another story. Which is pretty obvious. That stuff withstanding .... A mom and a dad are better than just a mom or just a dad.

Not sure on your situation but I am sure your making the most of the situaion which is all we can do... I am not saying anyone is choosing single parenting, but you deal with what comes.
(05-27-2015, 12:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your not gonna profit much If you let your nuclear power plant falter.  There is a place for some regulation but obviously the regulation I am focused on is the kind that violates individual righs to favor a chosen group over the rest.  

And let me know when your here, will meet up for a couple drinks.  I think that would quite interesting.   I know exactly where the condos are your mate will stay.

Every seen how they run coal mines in China? :snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-27-2015, 12:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Every seen how they run coal mines in China?  :snark:

China has heavy regulation. So are you saying we should follow their lead....
(05-27-2015, 12:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: China has heavy regulation.   So are you saying we should follow their lead....

No. China does not have heavy regulation. That is why their coal mines are death traps and their air is poison.
(05-27-2015, 07:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then you believe the majority has the right to oppress the minority because of their "individual rights".  You support racism and segregation.  At least you are being honest about it.

TR cleaned up the businesses that were eating the american workers alive.  That's not "individual rights" that's helping the country as a whole.  If Huckabee did 1% of the things TR did in his life he'd be a better man for it.

Give me a man who fights for his fellow man...all them...and doesn't cede his thinking to what he was told to believe in a book written 2000+ years ago any day.  I am a Catholic and Huckabee doesn't represent me as an American and as human being.

Add to that that more Americans are identifying as "non-affiliated" and you could not have had a more wrong post if you tried.

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

I saw that study.... You left the part out where athiests dropped more than 50% from 2007.

When I was young I was also a "don't push religion on me" guy.... But that was like my relationship with natty ice .... I grew out out of that .... Like most young people do, as the report says... As they get married their spouse brings them back in the fold.

Like I have always said... He speaks to you when your ready to listen.
(05-27-2015, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  China does not have heavy regulation.  That is why their coal mines are death traps and their air is poison.

Just because they don't care about workers doesn't mean they don't regulate. Their economy is centered around the gov... There is no way there isn't any regulation.

They don't care about worker safety because the gov is so involved and no one can take legal action against the gov. There is no way for the workers to have recourse that I am aware.
(05-27-2015, 12:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I saw that study.... You left the part out where athiests dropped more than 50% from 2007.  

According to this study atheists increased from 1.6% to 3.1%.

That is almost a 100% increase.
(05-27-2015, 12:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Whoa ... I wasn't making a statement on your situation.  Obviously in times of violence, abuse, neglect that is another story.  Which is pretty obvious.   That stuff withstanding .... A mom and a dad are better than just a mom or just a dad.  

Not sure on your situation but I am sure your making the most of the situaion which is all we can do... I am not saying anyone is choosing single parenting, but you deal with what comes.

And I knew that you probably understood this. My point is we need to stop using the "preservation of the traditional family unit" as an excuse to deny equal rights to same sex couples. One simply has nothing to do with the other.
(05-27-2015, 12:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just because they don't care about workers doesn't mean they don't regulate.   Their economy is centered around the gov... There is no way there isn't any regulation.  

This is nothing but gibberish.

What exactly are you claiming they regulate?
(05-27-2015, 12:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I saw that study.... You left the part out where athiests dropped more than 50% from 2007.  

Reading and Math are required learnin'.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-27-2015, 12:51 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Reading and Math are required learnin'.

Stop trying to force your beliefs on him.

This is America. He is free to remain ignorant if he wishes.
(05-27-2015, 12:51 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Reading and Math are required learnin'.

Unaffiliated: 9.2 raised in group. 4.3 left.

Plus various graphs show that you become more religious as you get older.

Obviously younger are gonna say not affiliated.... Once given enough time to think they go to religion.

[Image: HI0hXMT.jpg]
(05-27-2015, 01:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

Plus various graphs show that you become more religious as you get older.  

Yea my parents did. They're far more religious than when I was growing up. I ask them if they're cramming for finals. Ninja
(05-27-2015, 01:12 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yea my parents did.  They're far more religious than when I was growing up.  I ask them if they're cramming for finals. Ninja

Lol

When I was young I was also a "don't push religion on me" guy.... But that was like my relationship with natty ice .... I grew out out of that .... Like most young people do, as the report says... As they get married their spouse brings them back in the fold.  

Like I have always said... He speaks to you when your ready to listen.

When I was young I was forced into a religion. As were most children.

As I get older I understand more and more that I probably would not be any kind of believer if they had not forced me into it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-27-2015, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: When I was young I was forced into a religion.  As were most children.  

As I get older I understand more and more that I probably would not be any kind of believer if they had not forced me into it.

Same for me. Went to church as a kid, catholic schools, as soon as I left home I stopped going to church and didn't go with any regularity until my mid 30's really. Had 20's StLucieBengal been here he would be railing on the believers telling them it's ridiculous. But I had my awakening, and I saw where he fit in my life, so that's where I am at today. That's also why I don't advocate pushing religion on people, in the end they xkne along almost always.

Like Richmond said.... They cram lol