Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Maiden by O'keefe music foundation...these kids are awsome!
Marlon you turned me on to the O'keefe music academy. Those kids absolutely rock!  I really like the Iron Maiden cover of Number of the Beast.  As one Comment said "bracefaced badassness" That kids got some pipes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0JFPZT0x4

\m/ 666 \m/
Reply/Quote
Just shows how good Bruce Dickenson's vocals were back then.  That kid was garbage.  The girl doing the Trooper was awful too.  You could tell that they could sing.  They just couldn't sing that.  It's pretty cool though.  That kid on bass was using a pick.  Steve Harris never did (all of his fingers).  It seems like it would be hard to play Maiden bass lines with one (a pick).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 01:52 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Marlon you turned me on to the O'keefe music academy. Those kids absolutely rock!  I really like the Iron Maiden cover of Number of the Beast.  As one Comment said "bracefaced badassness" That kids got some pipes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0JFPZT0x4

\m/ 666 \m/

Cool man glad you like it!!  They are awesome!! for sure!! 
Reply/Quote
ROCK & ROLL WILL NEVER DIE Big Grin
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:07 PM)magikod Wrote: ROCK & ROLL WILL NEVER DIE Big Grin

I do miss the Rock Star though it is hard to fathom someone coming out anytime soon, that will be a Rock Star like those of the past... 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:57 PM)jason Wrote: Just shows how good Bruce Dickenson's vocals were back then.  That kid was garbage.  The girl doing the Trooper was awful too.  You could tell that they could sing.  They just couldn't sing that.  It's pretty cool though.  That kid on bass was using a pick.  Steve Harris never did (all of his fingers).  It seems like it would be hard to play Maiden bass lines with one (a pick).

Garbage? He may not sound exactly like Dickenson, but I don't think he was garbage. Meh I think you're being a tad bit over critical. I say not bad for some high school kids covering Maiden. With all the pop crap that kids seem to be drawn to these days, it's nice to see some kids playing actual instruments (and playing them well).
Reply/Quote