Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Mike
Brought back a few memories last night. One thing I am thankful for is being able to watch him in his prime.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was a bad man.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He was a bad man.

I didn't see the fight last night, but based on the training videos I saw "was" is not the correct term.

I will continue to use the mantra to not **** with him if I ever run across him.
Reply/Quote
I remember some of his fights when I was in Germany. He was the baddest MOFO in the ring. Well, until the ear thing.

Reply/Quote
"Everybody got a plan until they get punched in the face"

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember some of his fights when I was in Germany. He was the baddest MOFO in the ring. Well, until the ear thing.

What ear thing?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Everybody got a plan until they get punched in the faith"

Fixed it
Reply/Quote
I'm glad I didn't pay for that fight. I was too curious not to watch it though. I watched Roy Jones Jr fight James Toney from 1994 right after I watched that clinch fest... Jones truly was the best boxer of his generation.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
jus ta charity event right? no KOs allowed?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: jus ta charity event right? no KOs allowed?

Not sure how you could not allow a KO. I do know the gloves had extra padding.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:06 PM)jason Wrote: I'm glad I didn't pay for that fight. I was too curious not to watch it though. I watched Roy Jones Jr fight James Toney from 1994 right after I watched that clinch fest... Jones truly was the best boxer of his generation.

I miss boxing back when it was good.

hard to disagree with Jr being the best of his generation; as long as Sugar ray was not in it.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss boxing back when it was good.

hard to disagree with Jr being the best of his generation; as long as Sugar ray was not in it.

You and me both... The sport was so good in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. I don't remember the 70s, but I know the history, and what happened that decade. I was actually born the day of the Ali/ Foreman Rumble in the Jungle. Pretty sad when some guys in their 50s generate more excitement than the majority of current fighters.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I didn't see the fight last night, but based on the training videos I saw "was" is not the correct term.

I will continue to use the mantra to not **** with him if I ever run across him.

Punching power is the last skill to leave a boxer too. George Foreman was getting outclassed by a much younger Michael Moore 25 years ago... Until Foreman caught him with one akward looking punch. It was over.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:20 AM)jason Wrote: Punching power is the last skill to leave a boxer too. George Foreman was getting outclassed by a much younger Michael Moore 25 years ago... Until Foreman caught him with one akward looking punch. It was over.

I remember that one.

I wonder if Moore does?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 09:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I remember that one.

I wonder if Moore does?

Only from watching footage I'm sure... I just watched the 30 for 30 about Evander Holyfield on a flight back to Ohio from Orlando. They showed that KO in the documentary... Moorer's eyes were glassy and fluttering on the canvas.

On a side note... Holyfield fought literally everyone from his era including Roy Jones Jr. He didn't win 'em all, and had some losses he probably shouldn't have, but like Tyson he fought bigger men in the regular. He's probably more underrated than anyone in sports... I do believe he's still the only 4 time heavyweight champion of the world.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 08:58 PM)jason Wrote: You and me both... The sport was so good in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. I don't remember the 70s, but I know the history, and what happened that decade. I was actually born the day of the Ali/ Foreman Rumble in the Jungle. Pretty sad when some guys in their 50s generate more excitement than the majority of current fighters.

I'm old. I remember watching Ali on Wide World of Sports. But I really got into it at the 1976 Olympics. Leonard boxed with a picture of his girlfriend taped to his sock. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 01:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm old. I remember watching Ali on Wide World of Sports. But I really got into it at the 1976 Olympics. Leonard boxed with a picture of his girlfriend taped to his sock. 

Yeah... It's crazy how big of a star Leonard was in my earliest memories. In the early 80s, he seemed to me to be as big a star as anyone in sports... Then later I still remember what a big deal it was when he came back and beat (maybe) Hagler.... But like all of them, he stuck around too long. I still remember cringing when he fought De La Hoya.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:32 PM)jason Wrote: On a side note... Holyfield fought literally everyone from his era including Roy Jones Jr. He didn't win 'em all, and had some losses he probably shouldn't have, but like Tyson he fought bigger men in the regular. He's probably more underrated than anyone in sports... I do believe he's still the only 4 time heavyweight champion of the world.

Larry Holmes did not get the credit he was due because he did not knock out as many opponents as most great heavyweights.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Larry Holmes did not get the credit he was due because he did not knock out as many opponents as most great heavyweights.

Him too... I was still pretty young during his prime, but he was big enough of a star that I remember him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  One thing I am thankful for is being able to watch him in his prime.

This.

He was the most dominate boxer I have ever seen.  And he was just a kid.  He was still just 20 when he won his fist Belt.

I have never seen any male athlete be so dominate in any sport at such a young age.  Tiger Woods is the only one who came close.
Reply/Quote