Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irony of Democrats Celebrating the 4th of July.......
I realize it was a different time and different circumstances, but it still just points to how hilarious the Democratic party is:

[Image: all-of-those-anti-gun-people-are-celebra...153778.png]
No need to attempt to make the 4th of July a divisive issue. Happy Independence Day!! to liberal and conservative alike.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I saw a meme yesterday that I thought was sort of funny.

It read,
"Firecracker is offensive, they are to be called Fire Caucasian now"
That's almost as ridiculous as all those people who hate labor unions celebrating every weekend. Americans....you're all so full o' crap. Thanks for bringing this to light.
(07-04-2018, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No need to attempt to make the 4th of July a divisive issue. Happy Independence Day!! to liberal and conservative alike.

ThumbsUp really, no need. Happy independence day to all Americans! I almost forgot about that.
(07-04-2018, 11:06 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I saw a meme yesterday that I thought was sort of funny.

It read,
"Firecracker is offensive, they are to be called Fire Caucasian now"

I saw that lol
(07-04-2018, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No need to attempt to make the 4th of July a divisive issue. Happy Independence Day!! to liberal and conservative alike.

Right on, brotha! Not sure what Brad was going for, lol. We are all Americans and need to stop the division. Happy 4th to all of you! 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
In addition to honoring those who fought for our independence, let's not forgot to honor those brave men who stayed home with sore heels.
All those dang Hollywood Elite Liberals too!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-04-2018, 10:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize it was a different time and different circumstances, but it still just points to how hilarious the Democratic party is:

[Image: all-of-those-anti-gun-people-are-celebra...153778.png]

LOL In theory, it should be possible to celebrate democracy and gun ownership at the same time.
This is a different time and circumstances though. You can easily have the latter without the former.
(07-04-2018, 11:33 AM)hollodero Wrote: ThumbsUp really, no need. Happy independence day to all Americans! I almost forgot about that.

How did you forget about it with all the fireworks going off?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

As for the thread.....Ummmm. Hope everyone has a happy 4th!!!!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I saw lots of memes going around yesterday with the same thought as the OP.

Got me thinking this morning:  In reality on Independence Day we celebrate the smart people who used their pen and words to explain the way things should be and were going to be.  Then the people with the guns thought violence was the way to keep the status quo and we had to defend our thoughts and words with weapons.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-05-2018, 09:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: I saw lots of memes going around yesterday with the same thought as the OP.

Got me thinking this morning:  In reality on Independence Day we celebrate the smart people who used their pen and words to explain the way things should be and were going to be.  Then the people with the guns thought violence was the way to keep the status quo and we had to defend our thoughts and words with weapons.

I noticed this, as well. I saw something about it being the day we won our independence and things of that nature. I cringed a bit because I feel like far too many people don't understand what the day really represents.

Independence Day celebrates the ratification of our Declaration of Independence. This was a letter written to King George III to notify him of our intention to no longer be a part of his kingdom. The war was a year old, the revolution was 11 years old, and the war would continue for another 7 years. Independence Day isn't about war, it is about ideas. It is about the letter. That seems to be lost in today's celebrations of the day.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2018, 09:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: How did you forget about it with all the fireworks going off?  

The probably don't celebrate American Independence in his country. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-05-2018, 10:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The probably don't celebrate American Independence in his country. 

That's right. We have our own independence day! Where we celebrate you guys finally leaving.
(07-05-2018, 10:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The probably don't celebrate American Independence in his country. 

I saw someone post something yesterday about how the whole world should celebrate our Independence Day because without us the rest of the world would be under fascist or communist rule. I'm not sure how sincere they were, but it was very interesting.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Happy belated Independence Day, to all who live in the Land of the Free, because of the Brave!

No matter anyone's personal political thoughts and leaning, it's truly the one day that we should all be able to come together and celebrate a common cause as Americans!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-05-2018, 10:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw someone post something yesterday about how the whole world should celebrate our Independence Day because without us the rest of the world would be under fascist or communist rule. I'm not sure how sincere they were, but it was very interesting.

Ah, I don't know. If Germany and Austria had won WWI and the US would have stayed out, things might have turned out completely differently.

WWII and the cold war, there's no doubt, Americans did an awesome deed and I for one am thankful for that. Not so thankful as to put your nation over ours.

Way to spoil it.