Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 2022 worst QB class since 2013?
2013 was the worst class of QB prospects in about the past two decades.
It featured the following QBs:
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley

Only Manuel went in the 1st round, and went 16th overall.
Not a single long-term starter came out from that draft.

I feel like this upcoming draft could be similar to that draft class.
I don't expect more than a few QBs to go in Rd 1, and one could argue maybe only 1-2 are even worth a Rd 1 pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 2013 was the worst class of QB prospects in about the past two decades.
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley

I don't expect more than a few QBs to go in Rd 1, and one could argue maybe only 1-2 are even worth a Rd 1 pick.

(All IMO)

Long-time Starters:

- Pickett

Potential to be starters at some point:

- Ridder
- Howell
- Corral
- Willis

Longshot to ever be a starter:

- Zappe
- Strong
- Purdy
- Thompson

No chance in Hell:

- King
- Crum
- Kelly
- Coan

Sleepers/who knows?

- Perry
- Glass

Outside of the first two columns, I only think Perry has a chance to do anything (and that's solely a hunch, my own gut), otherwise everyone else is a wash.

But Pickett is the real deal, I feel; just looks great (not spectacular) on almost all of his tape and the numbers to match. Him being a long-time starter alone, makes this class better than 2013.

But yeah, '13 is probably the worst QB class in history and will remain that way for a long time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If there is only 1 seeminly Valid QB choice... the value of those Top picks will go thru the roof.
Reply/Quote
The reason why the QB class is so battered is because of the hype of the Trade market at QB.
Rodgers, Wilson, Garoppolo, and Watson all could be on the move this off-season. If I'm a team like Denver or the Commanders I would rather throw multiple Picks at one of those guys then a Rookie QB.

Once the dust Settles though come draft time. There will be a couple QBs going in the Top 10.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:04 PM)J24 Wrote: The reason why the QB class is so battered is because of the hype of the Trade market at QB.
Rodgers, Wilson, Garoppolo, and Watson all could be on the move this off-season. If I'm a team like Denver or the Commanders I would rather throw multiple Picks at one of those guys then a Rookie QB.

Once the dust Settles though come draft time. There will be a couple QBs going in the Top 10.

It's not though. Pretty universally across the board, sites don't have a QB in the Top 10 rankings (not mock drafts), some just have 1 (or MAYBE 2) in the Top 20.
Prospect rankings don't take into account how many teams need/want a certain position. They're based solely on talent.
That's actually why you see more QBs go (early) in Rd 1 compared to what prospect rankings say.
QB-needy teams tend to reach for them, only for quite a few of those guys to fizzle out by the end of their rookie contracts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 2013 was the worst class of QB prospects in about the past two decades.
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley

My memory of the 2013 draft was The Rattler announced our 2nd rd pick and when he went to say Gio many thought he was saying Geno.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote