Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 3-12-1 that much better than 2-13-1?
I feel like too much is being made over 1 win. The Steelers made some unforced turnovers...fumbling a snap. Throwing a ball right to a defender.

The defense was hitting hard and looked good. The offense was...pretty bad.

I always love beating the Steelers.

But, I feel like these next 2 games are important. If this team can go out and beat the Texans...which they should and look semi-competent vs the Ravens...then I think the staff has a case for a 3rd year.

If we look bad the next 2 games, then it's just an anamoly. And we looked bad against Dallas and terrible against Miami.
Reply/Quote
This is the Office Space bounce. Guys will only coach hard enough to keep their jobs!
Reply/Quote
It’s 1 better. 1 is not the definition of much.
Reply/Quote
I’d say it’s one win better. Back to you guys.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have the NUMBER FOUR DEFENSE in the league over the last two games!!!

Who DeyCheers

Hallelujah!!! Our defense is fixed!!!

DancingHappyYes

Way to go Lou!!!

ClappingJoeClapping
Reply/Quote
20 out 27! points came off turnovers or turnovers on downs. The average starting field position was the 27 yard line. This offense is still poor.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Its 1 game but a big one. If Burrow was playing it probably would've been a way bigger blowout.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’d say it’s one win better. Back to you guys.

Actually, it's 1.5 wins better, with 2 games to go.

But, what does it matter?  Seems like many are hoping to lose out for draft position, anyway.   Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’d say it’s one win better. Back to you guys.

Yeah...so why all the talk of jobs saved? 3.5 wins is still bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:24 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Its 1 game but a big one. If Burrow was playing it probably would've been a way bigger blowout.

Would it? When Burrow played well, our defense was generally terrible. 

Theres a phenomenon in sports where good offensive players go down...and the defense play better.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, it's 1.5 wins better, with 2 games to go.

But, what does it matter?  Seems like many are hoping to lose out for draft position, anyway.   Mellow

I'd argue getting the right coaching staff is way more important than if we pick 3-5. We're not 1 player away.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd argue getting the right coaching staff is way more important than if we pick 3-5. We're not 1 player away.

You are correct on both points.  We are not one player away, and it won't matter who is on the roster if the coaching staff can't get them together and organized.

However to the first point;  Although this team needs a few great players, building from the fundamental positions on either side of the line of scrimmage is where we most sorely need a "star", more than anywhere else.  We have a star QB, RB, future star WR.  On defense we have a star S and a star NT (who only got to play 5 games before injury).  The OL needs a bonafide star player.  When healthy, Jonah looked "adequate" to do the job, but in no way NFL "star" quality.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...so why all the talk of jobs saved? 3.5 wins is still bad.

But he beat the Steelers. Sign him up for 5 more yeas. Just keep beating the Steelers 1 time a year.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 11:17 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: But he beat the Steelers. Sign him up for 5 more yeas. Just keep beating the Steelers 1 time a year.

I would argueargue the Steelers beat the Steelers atleast partially.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Would it? When Burrow played well, our defense was generally terrible. 

Theres a phenomenon in sports where good offensive players go down...and the defense play better.

That is very interesting! Never thought of it but its innerstin fer shur. Thank you fr pointing that out.

Merry Christmas :)
Reply/Quote
It’s who we beat that was special. What’s it been, 5yrs? I agree we are not 1 player away, but doubt I could ever accept a team that tanks for any reason.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argueargue the Steelers beat the Steelers atleast partially.

Meh... They're injured. We weren't at full strength either. What could Pittsburgh have done differently? Start Mason Rudolph? We got pressure against a pretty good O line, our secondary played well against those really good WRs, we ran the ball against the best defense in the league, and Finley didn't kill us. To channel my inner Marvin... We made more plays than them, were better than them on 3rd down, and did a better job taking care of the football.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
they all probably got the notice.. play well or lose your job. coaches & players alike.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 02:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: they all probably got the notice.. play well or lose your job. coaches & players alike.

It's like Office Space, they'll only work hard enough to keep their job.

In all seriousness, after that Elise Jesse expose came out, the defense has played better.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like too much is being made over 1 win. The Steelers made some unforced turnovers...fumbling a snap. Throwing a ball right to a defender.

The defense was hitting hard and looked good. The offense was...pretty bad.

I always love beating the Steelers.

But, I feel like these next 2 games are important. If this team can go out and beat the Texans...which they should and look semi-competent vs the Ravens...then I think the staff has a case for a 3rd year.

If we look bad the next 2 games, then it's just an anamoly. And we looked bad against Dallas and terrible against Miama

The win was a gift, a hope of what can be.  We're still likely to lose the last 2 games due to the offense but something positive happened in this long, dark, season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote