Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is AJ Green milking his injury?
(10-24-2019, 08:59 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lance McAlister discussed this yesterday and said he doesn’t think so. Do you all think he’s milking this injury?

It doesn't make sense that he would not play if he could. He's in a contract year. Not playing now lowers his value to some degree. It also thwarts trade options, if he wants out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I just got an alert that he's gone from doubtful to questionable on my fantasy team... So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't blame him. Team is a mess and who would want to rush back to Dalton leading them into big hits or forcing acrobatic catches. AJs probably biding his time hoping to get moved. He's just not crying to the media or tossing his shoulder pads into the stands like previous stars.
Reply/Quote
I’m going to buck the going trend on this thread and say yes: AJ Green IS deliberately prolonging his recovery — “milking it” — so he won’t ever have to play for the Cincinnati Bengals again. Cordy Glenn is most likely doing the exact same thing. It’s the passive-aggressive version of what Carson Palmer did in 2010 and what Antonio Brown did earlier this season; I don’t agree with it but it preserves a player’s long term viability in the NFL. A smart player agent will have his client take a physical and only release the results to a few select teams.
Reply/Quote
Green hasn't been on the field in a game now for right at or just over a year. (It was 350+ days sometime last week). So yes, right now he's milking it as everyone knows there isn't any point in putting him on the field. If this team was in a different situation and actually trying to win or make the playoffs, he'd be on the field right now. Since we're not the opinion is he doesn't want to 'rush back' and make sure he's 100%. Hence, milking it.

At this point I don't really care. My patience has pretty much run out even with him. People thinking this teams fortunes will turn on his return are in for a shock when ultimately he won't make much difference.

I'd rather see him traded for picks but then we'd just waste those on guys who won't even make the practice squad.

Wish I could take a full year off from my job.
Reply/Quote
So how much do they get paid if they are “injured” like Aj?あ%? or the whole enchilada?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:27 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Wish I could take a full year off from my job.

Then just go break your body so badly you can't do your job.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 12:58 PM)jason Wrote: I just got an alert that he's gone from doubtful to questionable on my fantasy team... So there's that.

just means he practiced.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I do. If not, he's old, doesn't heal well, and is past his prime.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 03:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m going to buck the going trend on this thread and say yes: AJ Green IS deliberately prolonging his recovery — “milking it” — so he won’t ever have to play for the Cincinnati Bengals again.  Cordy Glenn is most likely doing the exact same thing.  It’s the passive-aggressive version of what Carson Palmer did in 2010 and what Antonio Brown did earlier this season; I don’t agree with it but it preserves a player’s long term viability in the NFL.  A smart player agent will have his client take a physical and only release the results to a few select teams.

Todo estas, en tu cabeza..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Todo estas, en tu cabeza..

Espero que si!
Reply/Quote
I would if I was was him. He'd be hands down the best WR over Julio and all those guys if he had a decent quarterback. AJ makes Dalton look...above average instead of being absolutely putrid.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 12:58 PM)jason Wrote: I just got an alert that he's gone from doubtful to questionable on my fantasy team... So there's that.

Well, they play in London and they are 6hours ahead of us so he will be healed 6hrs further than if he stayed in Ohio. Ninja

My thoughts are they wont play him and give him the bye. Why will this suck? Because, that will cue them to leave Dalton in since they have chemistry together and no Findley sighting. Sounds out there, but thats what idea just hit me, and I've only had 2 beers.

As for AJ milking it? Never, one of the most classiest team players in NFL history. It kills him inside to watch from the sidelines despite the W-L record. 

Reply/Quote
You would be surprised the smoothest people that you think would never lie to you, might be the best manipulators of them all.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, I do. If not, he's old, doesn't heal well, and is past his prime.

You have no idea if any of that is true.

There are dozens of reasons why he could be taking longer to return than first projected.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I would if I was was him. He'd be hands down the best WR over Julio and all those guys if he had a decent quarterback. AJ makes Dalton look...above average instead of being absolutely putrid.

I do think AJ is a HoF WR if he played with Ryan, or Ben, or Rodgers, etc, but I won’t say he’d be hands down better than Julio or Hopkins, and some of the other elite WR’s. Hopkins never had much at QB before Watson, either.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You would be surprised the smoothest people that you think would never lie to you, might be the best manipulators of them all.

Keep talking out of your ass.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You would be surprised the smoothest people that you think would never lie to you, might be the best manipulators of them all.

Of course anything is possible, but generally I chose to judge people by what they have done in the past instead of saying everyone on the planet is a lying asshole.

In 2014 Green was injured twice and tried to return as soon as possible.  There was even talk that he tried to return too soon.

In 2016 he was pissed when they would not let him play the final two games.  He reportedly stormed out of the stadium when he found out.

He has been a Bengal for 9 years and has never shown anything but class and devotion to the team.  So he has earned the benfit of th doubt from me.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure he is dying to play and i'm sure he realizes he is getting hurt a lot as well - which is most likely messing with his head. He is probably thinking of ways to adjust his game to not get hurt anymore. He probably has nightmares about it.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: I would say if management is holding him out, it's because they're tanking the season for a QB.  That would be the only thing that makes sense.

Are you trying to imply that the Bengals do things that make sense? That's really going out on a limb. ..a dead and rotted limb with an avil chained to it on a windy day in the pouring rain.   On the bright side perhaps Mikey will have his morning coffee under it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote