Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is AJ really still AJ?
After watching a game and a half, I'm still not convinced that he's 100% himself again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 11:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After watching a game and a half, I'm still not convinced that he's 100% himself again.

Sadly, injuries and father time add up.  It's also been a long time since he's been on an NFL field and he did next to nothing in camp.  Can't say I'm that surprised.  Hope he gets it together as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote
1 1/2 seasons and no TC or Preseason.

He needs a few weeks to get back to game speed.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 11:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: 1 1/2 seasons and no TC or Preseason.

He needs a few weeks to get back to game speed.

For what they're paying him, I would expect him to make catches just one foot behind him, like he's done routine for his lifetime..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 11:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sadly, injuries and father time add up.  It's also been a long time since he's been on an NFL field and he did next to nothing in camp.  Can't say I'm that surprised.  Hope he gets it together as the season goes on.

He should be in game shape by game 3 or 4.
Reply/Quote
He will always have size and hands so he’ll be on an NFL team as long as he wants

He doesn’t have burst or vert anymore.

We have to accept that
Reply/Quote
I think we are watching his last season as a Bengal. Let's not forget what he's done for this team. He's been a class act and was on his way to a HoF career before dumb-luck injuries took there toll. Maybe it's all about knocking the rust off the first few weeks of the season?
Reply/Quote
As of now I will just say I think he is just out of (football) form. Lack of preseasson, his age, coming off of injury last year, and combined with the year of the Covid, I hope as the games goes on he starts to get close to his old normal self. Time will tell tho.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
AJ is a shell of his former self and it showed tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:03 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ is a shell of his former self and it showed tonight.

He needed a preseason to get into game shape. He should be back to normal by week 5 or 6.
Reply/Quote
1.) He is playing against two all pro CBs in back to back weeks.
2.) Just 4 days ago he had 2 TDs one by a bad call the other by a bad pass.
Give the guy some time instead
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's a bit early to throw dirt on his coffin lid (or whatever that saying is) but now that Burrow is here we are going to take a lot less time to decide that certain WRs are too hurt/too old, or just outright busts now.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is accurate on 2 throws AJ has 100+ yards and 2 TD's with a messed up shoulder. We have a million problems and AJ isn't 1 of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:05 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Burrow is accurate on 2 throws AJ has 100+ yards and 2 TD's with a messed up shoulder. We have a million problems and AJ isn't 1 of them.

On that note, i have a tank top that say "i got 99 problems but a bench ain't one". I wear it to the gym. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He certainly doesn’t look like the perennial Pro Bowler we’re used to, but part of the problem has been his and Burrow’s chemistry and timing. I expect it will get better as the season goes on.

Right now Burrow looks the best with the guys he had the most reps with in camp (CJ, Thomas, Sample, Boyd).

Reply/Quote
AJ is done. He ran away from the tackle on the interception. If you have a DVR rewind it and watch. Never seen anything like that.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
He is toast. He's also an illustration of how the Brown family is a penny wise but a pound foolish. If they would spend $5 million more to modernize the front office, they wouldn't have to gamble $18 million on a guy who has been hurt for 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 03:38 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: He is toast. He's also an illustration of how the Brown family is a penny wise but a pound foolish. If they would spend $5 million more to modernize the front office, they wouldn't have to gamble $18 million on a guy who has been hurt for 2 years.

He will not be a Bengal at the end of the season. Sad thing, not sure anyone else is going to pick him up.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 04:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He will not be a Bengal at the end of the season. Sad thing, not sure anyone else is going to pick him up.

Seeing him on the bench, is all the news you need to know.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Here’s a close up of him saying “if they aren’t going to use me, why don’t they trade me,”

https://twitter.com/thebengalthing/status/1315378244531650562?s=21

Where's the like 4-5 people who were calling for others to be banned and getting so upset for posting that AJ said this?

Stop sticking to the name, its a huge problem with our organization. Green isn't the AJ of earlier years right now, he's a really bad WR who can't separate. 
Reply/Quote