Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Andy Dalton gritty?
(09-10-2017, 06:46 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Is he gritty?

does he bring his lunch pale?

Is he top 10?

Does he have intangibles?

Lol

Are you a Steelers fan in disguise? You have 1 hour to respond, otherwise we will know the answer to that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton has a winning record QBing the Bengals.
Does any other QB in the Bengals history have a winning record.
The O-line sux and it is that simple.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think the look on his face every time the going gets tough says it all.

Not sure how to describe it. But its not a good determined look. Its an oh shit look.

And when you are the leader if the team....

Heard and saw the EXACT thing you are describing from Peyton Manning...before he won two Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Heard and saw the EXACT thing you are describing from Peyton Manning...before he won two Super Bowls.

Andy's no Peyton Manning, and he's never going to be. Hell, he's not even Eli...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You Americans and your, "deer in the headlights," et al. statements, that make no sense.

Dalton looked angry and f'n pissed all game long, when the going was rough. That's someone who's determined and who's not happy with the goings on.

I would agree Truck.....if there is anyone with the deer in the headlights look, it's Mediocre Marv.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I just call up Dusty Baker if I ever have any question over if someone is gritty enough.

Or failing that, I just pull up a picture of Jack Hannahan and ask myself "are they grittier than Jack?"

He's my Mendoza of grittiness.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think the real name of the thread should be .. "Is Fredtoast Banned?"
Reply/Quote
We've had 1 head coach for over a decade with a whole new group of players, new coordinators and with the same results but somehow the reason why we lose is because people claim Andy is a wuss.

Maybe Marvin should get a 3rd set of players and coaches and we can go though this whole thing again for another half decade or so.

This time we gotta make sure to draft tough guys though.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Dalton has a winning record QBing the Bengals.
Does any other QB in the Bengals history have a winning record.
The O-line sux and it is that simple.

:andy:

How would Brady play if his center was being thrown back into his face by the  opponent's nose tackle every other play.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 09:08 AM)Wyche Wrote:  

I would agree Truck.....if there is anyone with the deer in the headlights look, it's Mediocre Marv.

:andy:

Wisdom
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dalton looked angry and f'n pissed all game long, when the going was rough. That's someone who's determined and who's not happy with the goings on.

The same observation was made AFTER the game as Dalton ran to the tunnel, dodging projectiles being thrown in his direction.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 08:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Andy's no Peyton Manning, and he's never going to be. Hell, he's not even Eli...

Interestingly enough, Andy's stats mirrors Peyton's in a lot of ways. Heck, they both have 2 of the worst 5 QBR games. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Interestingly enough, Andy's stats mirrors Peyton's in a lot of ways. Heck, they both have 2 of the worst 5 QBR games. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. 

Even more interesting is that Peyton wasn't very good in the postseason. He started his career 0-3 in the postseason, took him 6 years to get his first playoff victory (absolutely obliterated the Broncos and Chiefs in '03, then put up a 4 INT 35.5 QB Rating game against the Pats).

Fun Fact: In the 7 games that were the two runs his teams went on to win his 2 SB rings, Peyton Manning had 60.4% completion, 224.7 yds/gm, 6.42 YPA, 5 TD/8 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost. 5 of the 7 games he had a QB Rating under 80, and in 2 of the 7 games he had a QB Rating under 60.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You are really fair weather if all it took was one game to hate Andy

He's given us enough tape to justify you not liking him as a QB so don't think I'm an apologist but if his last game was all you needed to hate him then you never liked him in the first place

Everyone has shitty games

I'm pretty good at pool but every now and then I'll stink it up. It happens to everyone.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 08:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Andy's no Peyton Manning, and he's never going to be. Hell, he's not even Eli...

Yeah, and up until last year their numbers were almost identical...Yep, could never happen.  And I meant Peyton, not Eli.  Look it up.  
Reply/Quote