Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Andy Dalton gritty?
(09-10-2017, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My lord can I get on a side rant about that?  You used to have to take the carts back to the store (or you used to be expected to do so as a decent human being) but that was too hard so they put in cart corrals and now THOSE are too damn far away for people to be bothered, too.  No matter how easy you make it on people they just get lazier in order to nullify it.

A lot of people are just too wrapped up in their own worlds to pay any mind to their fellow man.

I blame social media to an extent. People have become so self-centered and even more lazy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A lot of people are just too wrapped up in their own worlds to pay any mind to their fellow man.

I blame social media to an extent. People have become so self-centered and even more lazy.

People are convinced they ditch carts because they are busy and other people ditch carts because they are assholes.  We are socially and biologically programmed to think the best of ourselves and the worst of others.  I'm making notes to possibly write a book about what self-serving jerks people are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I gathered carts as a kid so yeah i use the cart corral. I even straighten the other carts and push them all in. Does that make me a *****?

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People are convinced they ditch carts because they are busy and other people ditch carts because they are assholes.  We are socially and biologically programmed to think the best of ourselves and the worst of others.  I'm making notes to possibly write a book about what self-serving jerks people are.

What of the many people who do put their carts up, clean up their table at restaurants, and stop to help when someone needs a jump? They're immune to the programming?

I just think it's as simple as "how your mama raised ya". Assholes beget assholes and empathic and kind people raise their children to be the same. Social media promotes being self-centered, but in general people are raised to be what they'll be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What of the many people who do put their carts up, clean up their table at restaurants, and stop to help when someone needs a jump? They're immune to the programming?

I just think it's as simple as "how your mama raised ya". Assholes beget assholes and empathic and kind people raise their children to be the same. Social media promotes being self-centered, but in general people are raised to be what they'll be.

An egotistical mindset is in many ways essential to survival at the biological and psychological level.  Even people who aren't giant d-bags aren't immune to it and it's not always a bad thing.  It's detailed and deep and quite interesting.  My apologies if I made it sound simple and negative.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What of the many people who do put their carts up, clean up their table at restaurants, and stop to help when someone needs a jump? They're immune to the programming?

Nature or nurture ? The argument goes on. 

There's great families that have an @rsehole and scum bum families that produce a gem. Having said that I believe nurture plays the biggest role, like you say.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I gathered carts as a kid so yeah i use the cart corral. I even straighten the other carts and push them all in. Does that make me a *****?

I do too, hence my response.  I also straighten up cans on the shelf until the wife finally has had enough and says "you're doing it again."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I honestly think most of the team collapses under pressure. They are a reflection of their coach and management.

This^.  Dalton had plenty of grit when he was at TCU and Gary Patterson was his coach.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This is stupid but it made me laugh  Smirk

And I hear that when he's at the grocery store he actually returns his shopping cart to the cart corral.  

Hey, watch it sonny, I take those stupid carts back to the cart corrals, and you should too! If Andy went to the grocery store yesterday, then he did do SOMETHING right!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Grit is pushing harder when the going gets tough.

I have no clue. I think the Bengals overall are a mentally weak team. In big games they typically fold.

In big games they fold?  How was this a big game, Bengals/Ravens 1pm opening day?  Not like this was one of the premier contests of the weekend obviously.  The networks sure didn't consider this a big game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:46 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Is he gritty?

does he bring his lunch pale?

lol

(09-10-2017, 08:53 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I think Dalton may be blue collar.

Did you forget you were on your troll account?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 07:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I officially gave up on him today. Worst QB in the league today.

Welcome my friend - it's good to have you in the club.
Reply/Quote
Yes. He is.

We've seen it before. We just have short memory and many people are going to focus on Sunday's game.

And it's rightful to do so. Dalton played terrible. But there's smo much more blame to go around. That offensive line was dreadful. Play calling is horrednous and is feeding into Dalton's flaws rather than his strengths (pre-determined throws, have to bail the pocket while his pocket awareness isn't all that great as is). They're using a RB rotation. Why? Because they're dumb. The Ravens put 3 defenders on Green and yeah, I get it, Core beat them deep once, but that's not going to draw away coverage all game. There was even a play on 4th down where Core gives up on the play. Marvin Lewis gave up on his team as well in that game.

It was an embarrassing loss and every player should feel that way. Yes. Even the defense who allowed a 9+ minute drive where almost all they did was run the ball.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, hes very shitty...
Reply/Quote
No.... our turf is artificial.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:46 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Is he gritty?

does he bring his lunch pale?

Is he top 10?

Does he have intangibles?

Lol

BANHAMMER!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:57 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: He doesn't cuss. He wears a rubber wedding ring during play, and doesn't drink.

Enough said. He's a joke

Only because you are a complete feminine hygiene product and can't respond:

Dalton might have been the first, but lots of QBs wear the rubber wedding band now, including Phillip Rivers (who also doesn't cuss or drink).  The joke is you are so pathetically inadequate from virtually every standpoint that you have to sit behind a keyboard and take shots at a (great) guy while he is down because it somehow makes you feel like a man.  That's a joke...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 04:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yes. He is.

We've seen it before. We just have short memory and many people are going to focus on Sunday's game.

And it's rightful to do so. Dalton played terrible. But there's smo much more blame to go around. That offensive line was dreadful. Play calling is horrednous and is feeding into Dalton's flaws rather than his strengths (pre-determined throws, have to bail the pocket while his pocket awareness isn't all that great as is). They're using a RB rotation. Why? Because they're dumb. The Ravens put 3 defenders on Green and yeah, I get it, Core beat them deep once, but that's not going to draw away coverage all game. There was even a play on 4th down where Core gives up on the play. Marvin Lewis gave up on his team as well in that game.

It was an embarrassing loss and every player should feel that way. Yes. Even the defense who allowed a 9+ minute drive where almost all they did was run the ball.

Agreed, and way to put yourself out there for abuse from everyone that hates Dalton and blames him for everything.

I find it odd that Dalton can have 10-12 games with a QB rating over 100 and he might get up to "he's ok" status, but after just one off performance (and let's be honest, it was the entire team) he is now the worst QB in the league and always has been.

I wonder if Patriot Fans were calling Brady that when he lost 31-0 to the Bills week 1 some time ago.  Threw 4 INTs...sound familiar?  They won the Super Bowl that year...but he had the advantage of better coaches and this little thing I like to call "adjustments".  
Reply/Quote
I think the look on his face every time the going gets tough says it all.

Not sure how to describe it. But its not a good determined look. Its an oh shit look.

And when you are the leader if the team....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think the look on his face every time the going gets tough says it all.

Not sure how to describe it. But its not a good determined look. Its an oh shit look.

And when you are the leader if the team....

You Americans and your, "deer in the headlights," et al. statements, that make no sense.

Dalton looked angry and f'n pissed all game long, when the going was rough. That's someone who's determined and who's not happy with the goings on.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote