Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Angel’s Envy Rye Good Bourbon?
(04-12-2018, 09:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I won a bottle of Angel’s Envy Rye last night and don’t know anything about it.

My brother is a big bourbon drinker and his birthday is soon, so would this be a good present?

I don't know if it's any good or not, I'm not a rye whiskey fan.  However if it really is $100 a bottle somebody thinks it's good.  So I say give it to him, then he can say that his oh so loving and considerate brother got him some expensive hooch for his birthday. He won't complain and neither will his friends no matter how awful it is.   See where I'm going with this?  Cool   Then you can sit back and smile while they nurse their horrible hangovers.  Oh and offer to take him and his friends to Waffle House for his B-day Breakfast the next day and watch the hilarity ensue! Nothing quite like a good joke on siblings  Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:15 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't know if it's any good or not, I'm not a rye whiskey fan.  However if it really is $100 a bottle somebody thinks it's good.  So I say give it to him, then he can say that his oh so loving and considerate brother got him some expensive hooch for his birthday. He won't complain and neither will his friends no matter how awful it is.   See where I'm going with this?  Cool   Then you can sit back and smile while they nurse their horrible hangovers.  Oh and offer to take him and his friends to Waffle House for his B-day Breakfast the next day and watch the hilarity ensue! Nothing quite like a good joke on siblings  Wink

ThumbsUp

Trust me, everyone in my family gives everyone else shit!

This brother is awesome, though:  he got married, bought a house, and built on an addition to the side of it so I could have my own place.  He always said that I'd live with him, but I always thought he was just blowing smoke up my ass.

He feels guilty because he dropped me off at my friend's the night of the wreck and I asked him to drive us to the cemetery because I didn't want my friend driving us (but I didn't tell him that my friend was going to drive us, or he would have taken us), and he said to just walk (the driver's house backs up to the cemetery).  Obviously, the rest is history.

I don't blame him, though, because if I had told him that my friend was going to drive, he would have taken us himself.

The fact that he lives with that guilt (even though I don't blame him) might be my biggest regret.
Reply/Quote
I'll admit that I can't hold nor handle liquor which is just one of the reasons I quit drinking. In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say that everyone has their limitations and will reach a point where it can and will effect them negatively . Some people never seem to let alcohol cause problems, everyone has the ability to let it happen .
The people I find the most annoying are those who report that they don't get hangovers. People who don't get hangovers ought to be beaten daily and twice on Sundays to compensate just for the rest of us  ..
Seriously though, alcohol has the ability to sneak up on anyone and cause problems for anyone who drinks more than they should .. Nobody is immune .
The last person in my family still struggling with keeping their alcohol use under control is my son . He's well aware of  the problem ,but still drinks.. I can't preach to him about it so I just encourage him to make the attempt to keep it under control .
I don't subscribe to the notion that one drink will always be the one that will lead everyone over the edge . It varies from person to person .
I've reached the point where I can have an occasional drink and not want to keep drinking until I'm shit faced, but I just don't want to drink anymore. I've lost the taste for it. I still like the smell of certain types of alcohol ,but once it hits my taste buds that's the end of it . I certainly don't miss waking up with hangovers from hell. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: ThumbsUp

Trust me, everyone in my family gives everyone else shit!

This brother is awesome, though:  he got married, bought a house, and built on an addition to the side of it so I could have my own place.  He always said that I'd live with him, but I always thought he was just blowing smoke up my ass.

He feels guilty because he dropped me off at my friend's the night of the wreck and I asked him to drive us to the cemetery because I didn't want my friend driving us (but I didn't tell him that my friend was going to drive us, or he would have taken us), and he said to just walk (the driver's house backs up to the cemetery).  Obviously, the rest is history.

I don't blame him, though, because if I had told him that my friend was going to drive, he would have taken us himself.

The fact that he lives with that guilt (even though I don't blame him) might be my biggest regret.
It was my attempt to be humorous.  Sorry I wasn't aware that your brother was so closely tied to your accident.  Just give the booze to a friend you don't know as well.  But thinking about it why would you ask us if you should give your brother booze, when you know he was involved in your accident and when you know you (or even possibly he) would feel guilty about receiving such a gift?  Just give it to some else and find a better gift for him.  He can buy his own bourbon.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:58 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It was my attempt to be humorous.  Sorry I wasn't aware that your brother was so closely tied to your accident.  Just give the booze to a friend you don't know as well.  But thinking about it why would you ask us if you should give your brother booze, when you know he was involved in your accident and when you know you (or even possibly he) would feel guilty about receiving such a gift?  Just give it to some else and find a better gift for him.  He can buy his own bourbon.

He won’t feel guilty about receiving it or anything, I was just giving a background on why we’re so close and why he’s an awesome guy.
Reply/Quote