Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anybody Coming To Training Camp Or Any Games?!
I know that it's over a month away (the first practice in Cincinnati isn't until July 28th), but is anyone planning on going to any training camp days?

Anyone from the area or out-of-town coming to any?

I'm going to try and get to as many as possible just because I need my football fix and I can't wait to see the new changes and new atmosphere with the players.

I'm obviously going to tell Taylor how pumped I am (we all are) that he's here and that we're all looking forward to what he can do (not that it matters what me, a single fan is telling him, but maybe seeing the way I "talk" and how happy I am will just brighten his day or give him a reminder of how much we're all behind him).

I meant for this just to be about training camp, but I figured I should also ask if anyone is coming to any games?

Not sure how many games I'll go to, but is anyone coming to any games? I could end up at a bar downtown, even if I don't go to the game, and could meet anyone at the game before or after.

It would be nice to see some of my Who-Dey family!
Reply/Quote
budgets been tight with the hospital bills but ill be trying to get to at least a game this year.
Reply/Quote
That Jungle Pass for $20 a game is cheap.  The closest stadium to me to see the Bengals play is Baltimore where the same seat is $80 to $100.

If I were to make the trip to Cincinnati, I think I would want to see the Patriots or the Steelers.

I grew up a couple blocks from Triangle Park, it would be fun to see them practice at Welcome Stadium for the 100 anniversary of the first NFL game.
Reply/Quote
We're probably only going to go to 1 game this year. We'll be putting our undefeated attendance streak on the line at the Pissburg game. Hopefully.

EDIT: I'll hit you up Brad, when it gets closer to the time, I would like to meet ya'!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll probably go to the Arizona game.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 05:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not sure how many games I'll go to, but is anyone coming to any games?  I could end up at a bar downtown, even if I don't go to the game, and could meet anyone at the game before or after.
I'll be at all of 'em. You know how when you watch those games in December against Oakland or Detroit and there's like 12 people in the stands? I'm one of them.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: budgets been tight with the hospital bills but ill be trying to get to at least a game this year.
I know how that can get, but I hope you can make it to one and I hope I get to see you!
(06-20-2019, 06:50 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: That Jungle Pass for $20 a game is cheap.  The closest stadium to me to see the Bengals play is Baltimore where the same seat is $80 to $100.

If I were to make the trip to Cincinnati, I think I would want to see the Patriots or the Steelers.

I grew up a couple blocks from Triangle Park, it would be fun to see them practice at Welcome Stadium for the 100 anniversary of the first NFL game.

My friend's uncle is Teddy Bruschi (she lives in Massachusetts), and I think she's going to bring her daughter down for that one, so I'm definitely going to try to go to that one (plus, it would be amazing to see us hand them their asses in person!).  

(06-20-2019, 08:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: We're probably only going to go to 1 game this year.  We'll be putting our undefeated attendance streak on the line at the Pissburg game.  Hopefully.

EDIT:  I'll hit you up Brad, when it gets closer to the time, I would like to meet ya'!
Definitely let me know and that's a game I'd definitely like to go to, but I can come meet you regardless!
(06-20-2019, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll probably go to the Arizona game.
Let me know!
(06-20-2019, 08:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'll be at all of 'em. You know how when you watch those games in December against Oakland or Detroit and there's like 12 people in the stands? I'm one of them.

Ha!

Stands should be packed this year in December, regardless of opponent or weather because we'll be in the hunt for the division title!

Let me know!
Reply/Quote
I try to make an away game each year. Orchard Park may be in the cards this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I might go to Pittsburgh when we play the Steelers too...in Bengals gear.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I might go to Pittsburgh when we play the Steelers too...in Bengals gear.

I'd love to do the same and go heckle fans, but I think I'm going to Vegas the weekend before for the 20 year anniversary of the wreck, plus I have a bachelor party this summer and then a wedding in Detroit that I'm in, so it might be difficult to convince the tight ass that controls my money (my brother) to let me go on four trips this year.

(He controls it because he's a financial advisor and it's money from the wreck that's in a trust so I don't lose my benefits [not that anyone cares, but just FYI])

It's definitely on my crippled bucket list  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I hope to get a game or two.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll probably go to the Arizona game.

That looks to be the game I will head to as well; I don't want to drive 8+ hours and spend $500.00 to see a game where they have a good chance at losing...

(06-20-2019, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I try to make an away game each year. Orchard Park may be in the cards this year.

... and I'll be going to this as well, since it is only an hour and a bit drive for me Big Grin

Let's hope I bring the good mojo again this year!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 05:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not sure how many games I'll go to, but is anyone coming to any games? I could end up at a bar downtown, even if I don't go to the game, and could meet anyone at the game before or after.

HO! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh yes. . . I'm going to come. . . Oh yes! Oh yes!....Oh God. I'm coming! . . I'M COMING!! I'M COMING!!! OH GOD, I'M COMING!! . ..ah. . . ooh. . ooh.

Yesssssss.

Great. The team needs your support. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 08:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'll be at all of 'em. You know how when you watch those games in December against Oakland or Detroit and there's like 12 people in the stands? I'm one of them.

Yeah, same here, except for the Steeler game. The last Steeler game I went to was that playoff debacle in January 2016.  No thanks.  I'll be selling those tix at a nice premium instead.   Maybe the Cleveland game too, if we're sucking and they're winning.  Browns fans are obnoxious enough without them actually winning anything.  Fortunately there hasn't been a lot of that the past 20 years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 07:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, same here, except for the Steeler game. The last Steeler game I went to was that playoff debacle in January 2016.  No thanks.  I'll be selling those tix at a nice premium instead.   Maybe the Cleveland game too, if we're sucking and they're winning.  Browns fans are obnoxious enough without them actually winning anything.  Fortunately there hasn't been a lot of that the past 20 years.

I get that, 100%. The Steelers game is the one game of the year I generally dread going to as well. Not just because of the typical results (though obviously that's a factor, lol), but it's just such an outright nasty environment where people are legit looking to start trouble and pick fights. Maybe there a few actual honest-to-god Steelers fans in attendance, but the vast majority of their "supporters" there are just trolls looking to make other people miserable. I generally go to games with my dad and I'm almost always embarrassed by the things that take place there... I'd never bring my girlfriend or nephew to that one.

These will also (of course) be the people who call into a talk shows and write editorials about how poorly they were treated by the mean ol' Bengals fans at PBS.

Easy way to stop it is for the Bengals to put together a few wins against Pittsburgh at PBS and that overly toxic element will mostly go crawl back into their holes... here's hoping they're coming. Look for these guys to adopt a new team (the Browns?) if it does happen, though, because they're more loyal to shitting on Bengals fans than they are any actual team.
Reply/Quote
I'll be up at the Seattle game wayyyyyy up in the stands. Should be fun though, glad I'll be able to say I was at the first game with ZT at the helm (for better or for worse lol).
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd love to do the same and go heckle fans, but I think I'm going to Vegas the weekend before for the 20 year anniversary of the wreck, plus I have a bachelor party this summer and then a wedding in Detroit that I'm in, so it might be difficult to convince the tight ass that controls my money (my brother) to let me go on four trips this year.

(He controls it because he's a financial advisor and it's money from the wreck that's in a trust so I don't lose my benefits [not that anyone cares, but just FYI])

It's definitely on my crippled bucket list  ThumbsUp

It's more fun to do when the Bengals actually win. When they lose repeatedly, I just feel silly in Bengals gear surrounded by Steelers fans.
Reply/Quote
I'll be at every game in spirit cursing the fact that I actually spent money to watch them on TV.. As far as sitting in the cold to watch anything? That's never gonna happen again. I don't even like watching games on hot September days with the air conditioning working properly.. I'm proud to be known as a cold weather wienie.. I've very nearly frozen to death more than once in my life. It's never happening again...especially on purpose.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'll surely be at training camp. You cant beat it. It's free and you can park close by at a nominal price. Hang out on the south east part of the field and get a great close up of the players walking over from Paul Brown stadium to start practice. The field itself is a bit spread out to watch but the bleachers are ok. I don't think there is really much you can pick up on but I will say that Ross was a disappointment when I 1st watched him, and it was obvious that Mixon was tremendously talented. With Jonas hurt now, will probably focus on watching Pratt some.
Reply/Quote