Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Arian Foster Worth An Add?
He might not come back until next week, but is it too risky to wait in case he goes off?

He's 30 (I think) and seems kind of injury prone, so should I add him in leagues where I'm in need or a running back?
Reply/Quote
I guess it all depends on who you would be dropping to pick him up.

I have him stashed on my bench in both my money league and in the league on here. Of course I was actually stupid enough to draft him in both leagues, so it's a little harder for me to cut bait so soon. But I think he's worthy of a roster spot in most leagues. And definitely in 12 team leagues and PPR leagues.

The guys who have filled in since he's been out have been far from great. And if he ever gets healthy and they use him in the pass game that should be worth a decent amount on it's own. Could be a potential huge reward if he comes back and takes over the RB1 spot again, and if he manages to stay healthy. I see little risk in making the move. The waiver wire, to me, seems like it's crummier than ever this season. I don't why that it is exactly, but it's just a huge collection of turds. And legitimate RB's are near impossible to come by.

Kenneth Dixon, a 4th round rookie out of Louisiana Tech, who has yet to play a down, was a pretty much "must add" player this week. Just because he's in line to see significant snaps. Fozzy Whitaker was added on a ton of teams, just as a band-aid until J-Stew comes back. People are doing cartwheels over Isiah Crowell and James White.

So yeah, I think Arian Foster is definitely worth carrying as long as you're not dumping someone that's clearly better to snag him. Of course his hamstring could explode at any time too.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 01:46 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I guess it all depends on who you would be dropping to pick him up.  

I have him stashed on my bench in both my money league and in the league on here.  Of course I was actually stupid enough to draft him in both leagues, so it's a little harder for me to cut bait so soon.  But I think he's worthy of a roster spot in most leagues.  And definitely in 12 team leagues and PPR leagues.

The guys who have filled in since he's been out have been far from great.  And if he ever gets healthy and they use him in the pass game that should be worth a decent amount on it's own.  Could be a potential huge reward if he comes back and takes over the RB1 spot again, and if he manages to stay healthy.  I see little risk in making the move.  The waiver wire, to me, seems like it's crummier than ever this season.  I don't why that it is exactly, but it's just a huge collection of turds.  And legitimate RB's are near impossible to come by.  

Kenneth Dixon, a 4th round rookie out of Louisiana Tech, who has yet to play a down, was a pretty much "must add" player this week.  Just because he's in line to see significant snaps.  Fozzy Whitaker was added on a ton of teams, just as a band-aid until J-Stew comes back.  People are doing cartwheels over Isiah Crowell and James White.

So yeah, I think Arian Foster is definitely worth carrying as long as you're not dumping someone that's clearly better to snag him.  Of course his hamstring could explode at any time too.
Who could I drop?  J Thomas?  T Coleman?  Hopefully Brady being back means Gronk will explode and hopefully Hill starts at least getting goal line work.
Pos
PlayerQB
Player Note
Carson Wentz Phi - QB
Sun 1:00 pm @  Det
WR
Player Note
A.J. Green Cin - WR
Sun 4:25 pm @  Dal
WR
Player Note
Demaryius Thomas Den - WR