Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran?
Biden's foreign policy is similar to Obama's red line. Biden's version is "Don't" which may be the weakest stance I have ever seen by a US
President.

Biden and his minions say "don't" and our troops and our ally Israel get peppered with drone and missiles.

Iran seized a cargo ship after Biden said again yesterday, don't. His Don't policy means nothing when terrorist groups ignore your threat and Biden does nothing about it.

So, we are close now to a war with Iran, all due to Biden's weak foreign policy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 03:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden's foreign policy is similar to Obama's red line. Biden's version is "Don't" which may be the weakest stance I have ever seen by a US
President.

Biden and his minions say "don't" and our troops and our ally Israel get peppered with drone and missiles.

Iran seized a cargo ship after Biden said again yesterday, don't. His Don't policy means nothing when terrorist groups ignore your threat and Biden does nothing about it.

So, we are close now to a war with Iran, all due to Biden's weak foreign policy.

Didn't stop Israel from bombing an embassy in Damascus either.  

I'm sure that has nothing to do with "war with Iran".
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Apparently it’s been effective.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 04:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Didn't stop Israel from bombing an embassy in Damascus either.  

I'm sure that has nothing to do with "war with Iran".

Just yesterday Biden when asked by reporters about Iran attacking Israel, said DON'T.

A swarm of killer drones have been sent to Israel from inside Iran. 

One more time, the terrorists say FU Joe Biden. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 05:44 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Apparently it’s been effective.

Yes, the middle east went from stable under Trump to a complete mess.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 07:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just yesterday Biden when asked by reporters about Iran attacking Israel, said DON'T.

A swarm of killer drones have been sent to Israel from inside Iran. 

One more time, the terrorists say FU Joe Biden. 

Like I said it didn't stop Israel from bombing an Iranian embassy.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 07:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, the middle east went from stable under Trump to a complete mess.

Well it took Iran sometime to build their bombs after Trump pull out of the deal to stop them.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
[Image: GLFC2UmXIAAsxO0?format=jpg&name=large]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
"Never ever".  Probably much stronger than "don't".[Image: GLE1yWTWsAAsmPq?format=jpg&name=large]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 07:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, the middle east went from stable under Trump to a complete mess.

I've already explained to you how Iran's nuke breakout time went from years under Obama to days under Trump.

Still, I do remember hearing some praise for Trump's ME policy in FP establishment,
especially how a president who ignored history could bypass the Palestinian question.

Trump’s Parting Gift to Biden: A More Stable Middle East
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/11/16/trump-biden-iran-israel-uae-middle-east/

For decades, the received wisdom insisted that Israel could not be integrated into the Middle East unless it came to terms with the Palestinians. This curious argument ran counter to Washington’s own experience with Arab-Israeli peacemaking.. . .Yet successive U.S. administrations appointed their various envoys and squandered time and political capital on a conflict that always eluded a solution. The notion that the Arab street and its sensibilities were invested in the Palestinian cause was a rare academic truism that found an audience in the halls of power.

To their credit, Trump and his advisors were not burdened by historical memory. They paid scant attention to established precedent and did not shuttle between Ramallah and Jerusalem in the hope of bending the two sides to their will. Iran’s imperial rampage had created opportunities as Sunni Arab potentates were more concerned about Tehran’s designs than Palestinian aspirations. And a new generation of Arab citizens was not animated by a conflict that had festered for so long. Still, this was an opportunity that only a U.S. president hostile to Iran could have exploited. Enmity toward Iran is the currency of trust in today’s Arab world. The United Arab Emirates led the way in making peace with Israel. And then came Bahrain, the stalking horse for Saudi Arabia.

. . . More peace treaties are possible unless Biden returns to former President Barack Obama’s path of lecturing the House of Saud that it must share the Middle East with the Islamists on the other side of the Persian Gulf. And  once they’ve been deprived of the crutch of Arab solidarity, the Palestinians will come to their senses and return to the negotiating table.

Trump’s shattering of norms may not always have served the United States well. But the Middle East was a land of stale assumptions and failed strategies. Trump’s penchant toward disruption came in handy in a region that needed shaking up. He succeeded because only an iconoclastic president could have stabilized the Middle East.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 08:02 PM)Dill Wrote: I've already explained to you how Iran's nuke breakout time went from years under Obama to days under Trump.

Still, I do remember hearing some praise for Trump's ME policy in FP establishment,
especially how a president who ignored history could bypass the Palestinian question.

Trump’s Parting Gift to Biden: A More Stable Middle East
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/11/16/trump-biden-iran-israel-uae-middle-east/

For decades, the received wisdom insisted that Israel could not be integrated into the Middle East unless it came to terms with the Palestinians. This curious argument ran counter to Washington’s own experience with Arab-Israeli peacemaking.. . .Yet successive U.S. administrations appointed their various envoys and squandered time and political capital on a conflict that always eluded a solution. The notion that the Arab street and its sensibilities were invested in the Palestinian cause was a rare academic truism that found an audience in the halls of power.

To their credit, Trump and his advisors were not burdened by historical memory. They paid scant attention to established precedent and did not shuttle between Ramallah and Jerusalem in the hope of bending the two sides to their will. Iran’s imperial rampage had created opportunities as Sunni Arab potentates were more concerned about Tehran’s designs than Palestinian aspirations. And a new generation of Arab citizens was not animated by a conflict that had festered for so long. Still, this was an opportunity that only a U.S. president hostile to Iran could have exploited. Enmity toward Iran is the currency of trust in today’s Arab world. The United Arab Emirates led the way in making peace with Israel. And then came Bahrain, the stalking horse for Saudi Arabia.

. . . More peace treaties are possible unless Biden returns to former President Barack Obama’s path of lecturing the House of Saud that it must share the Middle East with the Islamists on the other side of the Persian Gulf. And  once they’ve been deprived of the crutch of Arab solidarity, the Palestinians will come to their senses and return to the negotiating table.

Trump’s shattering of norms may not always have served the United States well. But the Middle East was a land of stale assumptions and failed strategies. Trump’s penchant toward disruption came in handy in a region that needed shaking up. He succeeded because only an iconoclastic president could have stabilized the Middle East.

To the first part, if Iran's Nuclear development went to days under Trump then they were already close, not years away as you describe. 

Interesting Post giving Trump a glowing review. 
Reply/Quote
Iran looks at the Biden administration and sees complete and total weakness.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 08:50 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Iran looks at the Biden administration and sees complete and total weakness.

Really?  

So I guess that means when Iran attacked American troops in Iraq, it means they looked at the Trump administration as complete and total weakness.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 05:10 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: To the first part, if Iran's Nuclear development went to days under Trump then they were already close, not years away as you describe. 

Well, Break out was 8-12 weeks in 2013, if I recall correctly.

The Iran Deal pushed it out to a year by July 2016 (for uranium, over a decade for plutonium) and was expected to continue lengthening.
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/07/14/statement-president-one-year-anniversary-joint-comprehensive-plan-action

It dropped to days only after Trump broke the Iran deal and upped sanctions on Iran,
though they tried to stay in the deal for another two years.  But Trump cut the legs from under the moderates in government.
The hardliners were right--the Great Satan cannot be trusted. 

Some think break out time is now zero  https://isis-online.org/uploads/isis-reports/documents/Current_Iranian_Breakout_Estimates_June_1_2022_Final.pdf
Others put it at a week. 

(04-14-2024, 05:10 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Interesting Post giving Trump a glowing review. 

Yes, touting as successes what came to be the primary drivers of the current Gaza conflict, in which we are embroiled.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 08:50 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Iran looks at the Biden administration and sees complete and total weakness.

Because . . . ? 

Do they watch Fox or something? 
Reply/Quote

I'm sad to have to say this is correct.

(04-14-2024, 09:34 AM)pally Wrote: Really?  

So I guess that means when Iran attacked American troops in Iraq, it means they looked at the Trump administration as complete and total weakness.

You mean the retaliation for us killing the head of a vast terrorist network?  Yeah, of course they were going to respond as not responding would would them look weak.  After that we didn't hear a peep out of them the rest of his term.  Can you not see that Biden is seen as weak?  He's not respected or feared, the first being preferable of course.  He's a doddering old man, him being propped up like this is actually very disturbing and sad.  You do know you can criticize Biden without being pro-Trump, right?

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 09:53 AM)Dill Wrote: Because . . . ? 

Do they watch Fox or something? 

I believe Joe is weak & I'm on his side.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 08:50 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Iran looks at the Biden administration and sees complete and total weakness.

I have a hard time seeing it that way. Why would they warn us 72 hours in advance of an attack if they think Biden represents complete and total weakness?

Sure seems to me like they telegraphed this attack knowing casualties would be minimal so that the response wouldn’t be too severe and then they could still beat their chests and feel good about themselves and say they did something.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have a hard time seeing it that way. Why would they warn us 72 hours in advance of an attack if they think Biden represents complete and total weakness?

Sure seems to me like they telegraphed this attack knowing casualties would be minimal so that the response wouldn’t be too severe and then they could still beat their chests and feel good about themselves and say they did something.

I wasn't referring to last night particularly but in general during his presidency.

I hope this doesn't continue to escalate. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 09:52 AM)Dill Wrote: Well, Break out was 8-12 weeks in 2013, if I recall correctly.

The Iran Deal pushed it out to a year by July 2016 (for uranium, over a decade for plutonium) and was expected to continue lengthening.
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/07/14/statement-president-one-year-anniversary-joint-comprehensive-plan-action

It dropped to days only after Trump broke the Iran deal and upped sanctions on Iran,
though they tried to stay in the deal for another two years.  But Trump cut the legs from under the moderates in government.
The hardliners were right--the Great Satan cannot be trusted. 

Some think break out time is now zero  https://isis-online.org/uploads/isis-reports/documents/Current_Iranian_Breakout_Estimates_June_1_2022_Final.pdf
Others put it at a week. 

Yes, touting as successes what came to be the primary drivers of the current Gaza conflict, in which we are embroiled.

Has the current Iranian Administration ever honored a pact to date? 

If you are referring to Gaza, then Biden releasing Billions to Iran for them to fund Hamas, then yes I agree we were partially responsible for what is going on there, and by doing so, he also gave them the funds to "Speed" up their Nuke program even more.
Reply/Quote