Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brady unquestionably the best ever?
(02-19-2017, 03:58 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I will always maintain Manning was better than Brady.  If titles are your only thing then Otto Graham is the G.O.A.T.- as has previously been mentioned.

Hey genius, those Browns started winning Champions as soon as the league adopted them!!!!

In fact, the NFL commissioner at the time called them the "Greatest Team to have ever played"!!!!  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
IMO, Brady is the greatest QB of all time. His numbers, his titles, his longevity, his consistency, unbeatable. Joe Montana remains and probably always will remain the greatest SB QB of all time, though. Nobody can match his flawlessness in SB's and nobody ever will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No.

Youre judging a guy in how he plays in 1 game??? "He plays great in the superbowl so hes the goat!!" Not how it works.
"He has 5 rings so hes the goat" No, people. If that was the case, Bill Russell>Jordan. It doesn't work like that. The Superbowl happens once a year, there are 18-19 other games during the season/playoffs.

Brady, is a first ballot Hall of Famer, without question. Is he the GOAT? Hell no. I have seen better QBs in MY TIME.

Manning, from a QB standpoint (skill, smartness, importance to the team) was a far better QB. Marino, was a better QB. Elway, was a far better QB.

Manning goes down, his team goes 2-14
Brady goes down? Team goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs

People need to understand that Belichecks scheme is a great reason for bradys success. And his scheme fits brady PERFECTLY.
Reply/Quote
Brady is a good QB,but not the best ever! Any QB could have good stats if the players on the team are the best! My opinion is; there are several QB's over the years that you could consider the best,but in my opinion the greatest QB ever is Bart Starr!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 08:23 PM)Gohards Wrote: No.

Youre judging a guy in how he plays in 1 game??? "He plays great in the superbowl so hes the goat!!" Not how it works.
"He has 5 rings so hes the goat" No, people. If that was the case, Bill Russell>Jordan. It doesn't work like that. The Superbowl happens once a year, there are 18-19 other games during the season/playoffs.

Brady, is a first ballot Hall of Famer, without question. Is he the GOAT? Hell no. I have seen better QBs in MY TIME.

Manning, from a QB standpoint (skill, smartness, importance to the team) was a far better QB. Marino, was a better QB. Elway, was a far better QB.

People need to understand that Belichecks scheme is a great reason for bradys success. And his scheme fits brady PERFECTLY.

They actually went 11-5 and missed the playoffs, but I totally agree with your point. If you give Montana, Young, Manning, Elway or Marino to Belichick, does anyone think they win any less?

Fwiw, the Pats are 15-6 overall in games Brady has missed since he took over as starter in NE. Including a win in the AFC title game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They actually went 11-5 and missed the playoffs, but I totally agree with your point. If you give Montana, Young, Manning, Elway or Marino to Belichick, does anyone think they win any less?

Fwiw, the Pats are 15-6 overall in games Brady has missed since he took over as starter in NE. Including a win in the AFC title game.

Belichick + Montana.... that is really terrifying to think about.

I'm just glad the Browns were the Browns and fired the guy before he got it together in Cleveland since he'd be owning the North for over a decade instead of owning the East.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 03:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Belichick + Montana.... that is really terrifying to think about.

I'm just glad the Browns were the Browns and fired the guy before he got it together in Cleveland since he'd be owning the North for over a decade instead of owning the East.

Well you could almost say it was the Ravens that fired him, as he was the last coach before they moved to Baltimore. Can you imagine Bill coaching the Ravens? With Ray Lewis and Ed Reed all those years?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 08:23 PM)Gohards Wrote: No.

Uh, yes.  It's not one game.  It's the SB.  It's the ultimate game, the one for all the marbles.  If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you.  What other major pro sport has a game like it?

Manning was not a better QB.  Manning was surrounded by top tier weapons.  Brady owned his ass.  Manning had a lot of bad playoff games.

You can't use the symbiotic relationship he has with Bill against him.  That's just silly.

Brady is the greatest, without a doubt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 08:32 AM)McC Wrote: Uh, yes.  It's not one game.  It's the SB.  It's the ultimate game, the one for all the marbles.  If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you.  What other major pro sport has a game like it?

Manning was not a better QB.  Manning was surrounded by top tier weapons.  Brady owned his ass.  Manning had a lot of bad playoff games.

You can't use the symbiotic relationship he has with Bill against him.  That's just silly.

Brady is the greatest, without a doubt.

You don't think having the GOAT coach helped Brady?

How many championships do you think Brady and Peyton have if they switched places and Peyton gets Belichick while Brady gets Jim Mora, overrated Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell?

When the Colts used to play the Pats, there's a reason why the hype was all around Peyton vs Belichick.
Reply/Quote
Brady is not the best ever. To be the best ever, your team has to thrive with you and die without you. Brady benefits from the patriots system. To back up my statement, look at the evidence...when brady has been out, the patriots have been able to plug in any other QB...all the way down to their third string, and still win games. They did this without the strongest roster at the skill positions too. So I contend guys like Manning and Elway, whose teams couldn't win without them, were better QBs than Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
NO....The best QB ever was JOHNNY FOOTBALL.....Manziel....Johnny Football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote