Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brandon Allen Still the Backup QB?
(05-02-2023, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bridgewater is still out there last I heard. Teddy would be a nice backup.

Absolutely. He's a guy that, if needed, can get you on a string of W's. 
Reply/Quote
Some notable names still available in FA:
- Carson Wentz
- Matt Ryan
- Teddy Bridgewater
- Trevor Siemian

Not sure if Wentz or Ryan would be interested being a backup, and Ryan might be too old and/or immobile for Taylor's liking, but all would be ok-or-better backups.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 11:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is our current QB room: Burrow and Browning, right?

They'll have to add someone just to have a body. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I guess they can look at veterans looking to stay in the league, UDFAs, or bargain XFLers.

AJ Mccarron forgot about him. There are a couple other name QBs in those other leagues I think
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:12 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think Matt Ryan is still out there.  I wonder if we could persuade him to return for a backup role.

I mean, Hey Mattie, you want to make a couple of mil sitting on the sidelines talking ball with Joe Burrow? How hard of a sell is that? They could even place a clause in the contract if Burrow gets hurt and he has to play more than 4 or 5 games, he gets more. 
Reply/Quote
And Allen won't be returning. PER Tom Peliserro he us signing with San Francisco

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:13 AM)pally Wrote: And Allen won't be returning. PER Tom Peliserro he us signing with San Francisco

Just saw that. I thought Browning was better
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:21 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just saw that. I thought Browning was better

I imagine the Backup QB isnt on the roster yet
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I imagine the Backup QB isnt on the roster yet

No it’s the 3 that’s not
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:13 AM)pally Wrote: And Allen won't be returning.  PER Tom Peliserro he us signing with San Francisco

I'm actually glad to hear this!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 01:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: AJ Mccarron forgot about him. There are a couple other name QBs in those other leagues I think

Macaroni is shit, always has been, always will be.

He's now a 10 year vet in (a) professional leagues and his pocket awareness is still just awful, not to mention he still makes a bad decision here and there.

They should've gotten a young guy in the lower rounds/UDFA and groomed him to be a career clipboard holder, ala Allen, Painter, Sorgi, etc.

Hell, I'd take Drew Plitt back over Browning: I really don't see why people love him so much, he's worse than BA.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 11:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is our current QB room: Burrow and Browning, right?

They'll have to add someone just to have a body. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I guess they can look at veterans looking to stay in the league, UDFAs, or bargain XFLers.

AJ McCarron .....so we can debate if he should start over Burrow. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 11:13 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm actually glad to hear this!

Yeah, doesn't hurt my feelings anyway. Siemian is better than Allen and I liked Browning's pocket awareness better than Allen's in 
TC and in the Preseason last year and Browning can run and throw on the run and fits this Offense more.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Will any of those guys sign for $1.5 million?

I doubt that Wentz/Ryan/Bridgewater do.

Flacco made $3.3 million last year.

Bridgewater $6.5 million.
I think that you need to read that again. I said that I would pass on those players and then said that Trevor Siemien would be my choice.

Looks like Duke Tobin felt the same way.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No it’s the 3 that’s not

Now the backup is on the roster
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 09:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Now the backup is on the roster

I think Browning wins it.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 11:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Browning wins it.

Not a chance, Siemian has over 30 starts in the NFL and has a working relationship with our OC. He is also known to be very good at helping with film and preparing QB1 for gameday. No way they would feel more comfortable with Browning going into a real game over Siemian. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 12:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Macaroni is shit, always has been, always will be.

He's now a 10 year vet in (a) professional leagues and his pocket awareness is still just awful, not to mention he still makes a bad decision here and there.

They should've gotten a young guy in the lower rounds/UDFA and groomed him to be a career clipboard holder, ala Allen, Painter, Sorgi, etc.

Hell, I'd take Drew Plitt back over Browning: I really don't see why people love him so much, he's worse than BA.

It wouldn't matter if McCarron was a good backup QB, I don't think he'd ever return to the Bengals after he filed that grievance against the Bengals to count his rookie year and get to be a FA sooner. I'd imagine the Bengals FO wouldn't want him on their team again after that.
Not to mention what he was quoted after winning the grievance...
Quote:...it's just awesome just to be free now and to hopefully get that opportunity and be able to compete somewhere. That's all I've ever wanted. I'm just super excited. Just really excited that I get that opportunity now and I just can't wait to just showcase what I can do and show a team that I can lead a team and win ballgames.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22456899/aj-mccarron-wins-grievance-cincinnati-bengals-unrestricted-free-agent

He basically didn't want to be a backup and wanted to have an opportunity to start instead, didn't matter if he had to take lower money.

So he's likely going to stay in one of the other leagues where he gets that opportunity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 11:45 AM)Garrus Wrote: Not a chance, Siemian has over 30 starts in the NFL and has a working relationship with our OC. He is also known to be very good at helping with film and preparing QB1 for gameday. No way they would feel more comfortable with Browning going into a real game over Siemian. 

Yet Browning knows the offense. No question Siemian has more experience

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 11:58 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yet Browning knows the offense. No question Siemian has more experience

For now, yes but I'm sure a smart NFL veteran like Siemian won't have much trouble picking it up.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 11:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Browning wins it.

I kinda doubt that. Siemian would have to really look awful and Browning would have to play at a much higher level than he has in the past.
Reply/Quote