Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burfict in the Steelers heads?
It's possible.

Mitchell was in Green's head early on in the first game this season. Then he had a wake up call.

Steelers have their hard hitting players. Bengals have theirs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:12 PM)gobobro Wrote: It's wrong if it's an illegal hit. It's totally legit if you're blowing up a QB that can no longer get out of the way.

Well, it's not illegal to hit a guy's elbow let's say - and he has an elbow sprain. You're going to be tackle that arm...right? It won't be purposefully avoided especially in a contact sport, then again I don't think others would flip someone's recovering ankle when they get up - but maybe they shouldn't be on the field if it's not 100% and they're worried about that, because in another scenario the ankle would handle that fine - lol.

tl;dr - I side with Burfict on flipping on an already injured player's ankle.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's possible.

Mitchell was in Green's head early on in the first game this season. Then he had a wake up call.

Steelers have their hard hitting players. Bengals have theirs.

The key, I believe, is to let them play reckless. If the league has issued warnings and instructions, that benefits the Bengals. We are the better team, but will lose if we play cheap, Steeler football... They're just better at it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:17 PM)gobobro Wrote: The key, I believe, is to let them play reckless. If the league has issued warnings and instructions, that benefits the Bengals. We are the better team, but will lose if we play cheap, Steeler football... They're just better at it.

No. Don't let them play reckless. That's how players get hurt.

Stand up for one another. But don't be the instigator. That's the main thing.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Well, it's not illegal to hit a guy's elbow let's say - and he has an elbow sprain. You're going to be tackle that arm...right? It won't be purposefully avoided especially in a contact sport, then again I don't think others would flip someone's recovering ankle when they get up - but maybe they shouldn't be on the field if it's not 100% and they're worried about that, because in another scenario the ankle would handle that fine - lol.

tl;dr - I side with Burfict on flipping on an already injured player's ankle.

I think the important thing is tell your guys to play legal, collision football. If the other guy is banged up with a bum elbow, he's going to feel it no matter how you knock him on his butt. :)
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Ball tap. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey why pick on our man Burfict like that. He was just trying to head back to the sideline and all...

xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:22 PM)kdgjr Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Ball tap. LOL
People can say what they want, but I think that was awesome.  The official is literally right on top of the situation, but Burfict is so subtle that the LJ misses it.  The flop is just the icing on the cake....  15 yards baby!  You can't teach that kind of thing.  Vontaze Burfict is in the same conversation as Dennis Rodman when it comes to being an all time great irritant.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The best thing about winning this game will be the amount of crying from Steelers fans and players. It's going to be epic.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:09 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Burfict is that player you can't stand if he plays on any other team, but are damned glad to have on the Bengals.

Exactly! He is the best LB we've had in a long, long time.
Reply/Quote
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/vontaze-burfict.13544/

Sheesh...these guys...

"This guy is a thug and has pay backs coming. He purposely tried to take Ben out and was involved in all kinds of dirty thuggery last game. I'm really hoping DeCastro ends his season. His back up is probably actually a better player, but he crossed the line last game. The guy sucks as a player and thinks he can get into our heads with cheap shots. I fully expect more of his antics this week, I just hope he doesn't actually hurt anyone or bait us into 15 yard penalties.

The smart thing to do would be to "legally" go after Burfict immediately in the first quarter. He's a mental midget and will quickly lose his cool and will hurt his team because he's a selfish player and a thug.

Same thing goes for PacMan. If there was ever a team that needs to be punched in the mouth it's this 2015 Ben'sGals. Most over rated team in the league.

AND

"It's going to be quite chippy. Yes they have some real questionable players but they ALWAYS have had them. Such a wonderful franchise. Keep them with a nice zero stat!"

God, i hope we win this game.
Reply/Quote
Burfict will have a clean, huge game.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:41 PM)kdgjr Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/vontaze-burfict.13544/

Sheesh...these guys...

"This guy is a thug and has pay backs coming. He purposely tried to take Ben out and was involved in all kinds of dirty thuggery last game. I'm really hoping DeCastro ends his season. His back up is probably actually a better player, but he crossed the line last game. The guy sucks as a player and thinks he can get into our heads with cheap shots. I fully expect more of his antics this week, I just hope he doesn't actually hurt anyone or bait us into 15 yard penalties.

The smart thing to do would be to "legally" go after Burfict immediately in the first quarter. He's a mental midget and will quickly lose his cool and will hurt his team because he's a selfish player and a thug.

Same thing goes for PacMan. If there was ever a team that needs to be punched in the mouth it's this 2015 Ben'sGals. Most over rated team in the league.

AND

"It's going to be quite chippy. Yes they have some real questionable players but they ALWAYS have had them. Such a wonderful franchise. Keep them with a nice zero stat!"

For people that love to live in the past, they sure have a way of ignoring it when it suits their needs.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 09:55 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: He's a boundary pusher. A talented player that straddles the boarder of gamesmanship and legality. He's not the first. We've seen it in Suh, Haynesworth, Incognito, Rodney and James Harrison, Hines Ward, can even go back to Deacon Jones and his head slaps. Though I don't think Burfict is quite on the level of some of the guys I have listed, he does try his best to wind up and get in the heads of the opposition. A lot of very good championship teams have had these types of guys on their roster. The guy who can disrupt gameplans by going off piste. You hate it when your team is on the receiving end of it (as the Bengals have a lot) but ultimately it can be effective.

I think the minute Burfict gave Cam's recovering ankle a blatant little twist after making a tackle we realised he was not the cleanest. You know what, for decades it has been us as fans, moaning at the Steelers playing cheap and using dirty tactics to get an edge. Now it seems we are hearing just as much whining from the Steelers. From my perspective, that must be a good sign. A changing of the guard.

(01-08-2016, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: My sentiments exactly.  If we're gonna play in their division, we need an enforcer type guy or guys.  Burfict is just what the doctor ordered.  The thing about Vontaze, he is rather edgy on the field, but doesn't seem to be a distraction off of it.  You couple that with his desire, and the way he worked his tail off to get back on the field.....well, I'm glad he's on this team.

OP, yes, I think he is starting to get in their heads....and they don't like it. ThumbsUp

I am with you guys on this and i am just happy he is on our side.

Love the passion this dude plays with. He is an old school type player in the new age NFL.

He will be fined a lot and maybe even suspended at times cause of this in todays NFL...

But i am stilly very happy to have him.

Yeah, he is in the Steeler's heads no question, and so is Reggie Nelson and Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:41 PM)kdgjr Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/vontaze-burfict.13544/

Sheesh...these guys...

AND

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that not only is Burfict in the Steelers heads, he's in the heads of all "Steeler Nation"..  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I think it's safe to say that not only is Burfict in the Steelers heads, he's in the heads of all "Steeler Nation"..  Cool

That is a typical Steeler fan for you.

No reality going on there whatsoever. There will be some major crying and whining going on tomorrow night. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a typical Steeler fan for you.

No reality going on there whatsoever. There will be some major crying and whining going on tomorrow night. Rock On

That bunch of chumps, that is the Steelers fan base needs a good humbling.  And who better to give it to them, than a bitter division rival.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That bunch of chumps, that is the Steelers fan base needs a good humbling.  And who better to give it to them, than a bitter division rival.

Spot on brother. Cool
Reply/Quote
Kimo hit on Palmer = Clean.
Garvin breaking Huber's jaw = Clean.
Hines breaking Rivers' jaw = Keep your head on a swivel
Mitchell taking out Eifert and spearing MLJ = Good hard hitting football

Burfict dragging Bell down and inadvertently injuring him on a clearly clean tackle: dirty player

Steeler fan logic.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kimo hit on Palmer = Clean.
Garvin breaking Huber's jaw = Clean.
Hines breaking Rivers' jaw = Keep your head on a swivel
Mitchell taking out Eifert and spearing MLJ = Good hard hitting football

Burfict dragging Bell down and inadvertently injuring him on a clearly clean tackle: dirty player

Steeler fan logic.

Why i hate the Steelers and their fans even more.

Cannot hate my brother in law but damn, hurts his reputation with me for damn sure.

He just doesn't follow football and his big brother died who was a Steeler fan so he took over his fandom.

Guess i have to give him a pass but screw every other one.
Reply/Quote