Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burkhead a better RB than Hill
He seems to be to me.

I would not be paying Hill a big contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
You would sign Hill to a contract equal or bigger than Gio?

Not me.
Reply/Quote
No

Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
I like Burkhead, but he's not a better RB than Hill.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:33 PM)bengals67 Wrote: You would sign Hill to a contract equal or bigger than Gio?

No again.

I thought the question was about BUrkhead?
Reply/Quote
Not enough tape but probably not.

Reply/Quote
No. He's playing better right now but in the long run I think that will change
Reply/Quote
Hill is much better than Burkhead. Hill had a decent day today in the snow.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I can't help but notice that this is the 3rd RB this year that we've deemed the best on the roster and the one who should be getting the most touches. Whichever guy is getting less touches is "the best" in our minds. I get it, this season blows.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: He seems to be to me.

I would not be paying Hill a big contract.

No, he isn't......and Hill is paid pretty cheap......Hill can still get 1,000 yards but 900 yards more reachable.....900 yards behind this stinky, lousy O line is a good piece of running. ...over the last few years, Hill is one of the top RB's at scoring touchdowns....I like Burkhead, but everybody on here has always acted like he is the second coming of Jimmy Brown. I like Burkhead, but lets get real people.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've seen players with smaller stature play with more tenacity and drive than Hill.

I don't know what Hill's problem is but since his rookie season he goes down on shoestring and late arm tackles.

His open field vision is lacking as well.

I do agree though 900 to 1000 yards behind this offensive line is an accomplishment.

Burkhead is not better than Hill.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 07:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Hill is much better than Burkhead. Hill had a decent day today in the snow.

Against the Browns. Hilarious

The 2 games prior to Cleveland was Baltimore and Philly. He ran 35 times for a total of 51yds.

Hill averages 4.0 per carry and Burkhead 5.4.

I agree Burkhead is not better, but Hill is no gem and only has the edge by experience. I think Burkhead could be a solid guy and key player once utilized correctly. Plus,maybe he would be smart enough to hold the ball with 2 hands and guarantee a playoff victory if ever put in that position.

Reply/Quote
Rex is overall more versatile than Hill, no doubt in my mind about that. And should be used over Hill in certain situations. But I dont think he would be a better workhorse for a whole season getting 20 some carries a game though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I would hope that even the most anti-Hill guys realize that he's at least a decent NFL RB. Somewhere around starting caliber...which automatically makes him better than Rex. I like Burkhead, but he's not a future star. He's more like a future Brian Leonard - and no the comparison isn't race related. I just view Rex as a guy who will contribute in a similar fashion. A jack of all trades, master of none type of back with moderate size and speed. A guy who can get you 50 touches a season with some good plays sprinkled in, but not a guy who is ever going to carry the pill 200 times.

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's great to have a guy like that. I get that he's the popular guy on the bench and Hill is a very unpopular player, but realistically, Hill is definitely the better back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would hope that even the most anti-Hill guys realize that he's at least a decent NFL RB. Somewhere around starting caliber...which automatically makes him better than Rex. I like Burkhead, but he's not a future star. He's more like a future Brian Leonard - and no the comparison isn't race related. I just view Rex as a guy who will contribute in a similar fashion. A jack of all trades, master of none type of back with moderate size and speed. A guy who can get you 50 touches a season with some good plays sprinkled in, but not a guy who is ever going to carry the pill 200 times.

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's great to have a guy like that. I get that he's the popular guy on the bench and Hill is a very unpopular player, but realistically, Hill is definitely the better back.

I miss Brian Leonard. Solid player!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:07 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Rex is overall more versatile than Hill, no doubt in my mind about that. And should be used over Hill in certain situations. But I dont think he would be a better workhorse for a whole season getting 20 some carries a game though.

What makes you so sure about that? Keep in mind that Hill has 11 catches for 104 yards in the 3 games since Gio went down. He's a very capable pass catcher and better than Rex IMO. Rex has 9 catches for 77 yards on the whole season. If Rex were so versatile, he should've slotted right into the Gio role. Instead, they've started throwing passes to Hill and increased his overall role.

Fwiw, I also think people are way too hard on Jeremy for his pass blocking/blitz pickup. Marv is notoriously demanding of his RBs in that department. Hill wouldn't be playing so much if he were incapable of blocking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
...no...no...no

Why does this fanbase always want to fall in love with a role player and believe he is more than just that...a role player. Burkhead is a nice special teams player and a decent fill-in, in case of emergency, but he is not the guy you want out there getting 25 carries a game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would hope that even the most anti-Hill guys realize that he's at least a decent NFL RB. Somewhere around starting caliber...which automatically makes him better than Rex. I like Burkhead, but he's not a future star. He's more like a future Brian Leonard - and no the comparison isn't race related. I just view Rex as a guy who will contribute in a similar fashion. A jack of all trades, master of none type of back with moderate size and speed. A guy who can get you 50 touches a season with some good plays sprinkled in, but not a guy who is ever going to carry the pill 200 times.

He's better than Leonard to be fair to Rex I compare him more to Danny Woodhead.

With that being said no I don't think he's better than Hill or Gio. Hill is very close to averaging 10tds per a season and is one of the premier short yardage RBs in the NFL. He has the size and speed ratio to be an elite RB but he does need to work on his patience and vision  to be a better RB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote