Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burkhead a better RB than Hill
(12-12-2016, 02:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What makes you so sure about that? Keep in mind that Hill has 11 catches for 104 yards in the 3 games since Gio went down. He's a very capable pass catcher and better than Rex IMO. Rex has 9 catches for 77 yards on the whole season. If Rex were so versatile, he should've slotted right into the Gio role. Instead, they've started throwing passes to Hill and increased his overall role.

Fwiw, I also think people are way too hard on Jeremy for his pass blocking/blitz pickup. Marv is notoriously demanding of his RBs in that department. Hill wouldn't be playing so much if he were incapable of blocking.

My eyes makes me so sure about it. But being more versatile doesnt mean I think Rex is better overall, nor can handle a workhorse sort of load.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:11 AM)J24 Wrote: He's better than Leonard to be fair to Rex I compare him more to Danny Woodhead.

With that being said no I don't think he's better than Hill or Gio. Hill is very close to averaging 10tds per a season and is one of the premier short yardage RBs in the NFL. He has the size and speed ratio to be an elite RB but he does need to work on his patience and vision  to be a better RB.

I think you're spot on with Hill, but I think you either overrate Rex or vastly underrate Woodhead. The little guy has multiple seasons over 1000 yards from scrimmage. Rex doesn't have 1000 yards in his career and I don't think there's much evidence he'll ever reach the kind of usage and production of a guy like Woodhead.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:40 AM)Millhouse Wrote: My eyes makes me so sure about it. But being more versatile doesnt mean I think Rex is better overall, nor can handle a workhorse sort of load.

A few catches per game isn't a workhorse type of load though. Nor is a Gio type of role. Gio's role has been more absorbed by Hill than Rex. I'm just saying, if Rex were "more versatile" than Hill, you'd think he would've absorbed more of Gio's role than he has. That shouldn't be too much work for him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Put it like this, if Hill was nursing a shoulder injury and running like shit, it would take a terrible head coach to not give Burkhead a shot.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.

/thread

(That means thread should have been over after that)
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: He seems to be to me.

I would not be paying Hill a big contract.

He is better in blitz pick up, and he is a better receiver.  I would struggle to say he is a better between-the-tackles runner and what would he look like mid-season after getting 20 carries a game, but I really like having him rotate with Gio and Hill.  I don't think we re-sign Hill.  They need an infusion of youth here, and I would imagine either Tra Carson gets a real good look and they like what they have seen from him on the practice squad, or a fairly high draft pick is used on a RB.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I miss Brian Leonard. Solid player!

Who? Never heard of him, but he sounds awesome  Ninja
Reply/Quote

Bulkhead needs to go to New England and become a star.
Reply/Quote
He's not better, he's just more dynamic and probably more ecstatic that he is getting more play time. I do like his abilities and think he should be used more, but him and Hills game are so different.
Reply/Quote
Apparently the Bengals coaches decided when they drafted Gio and then Hill that this offense was going to be RB by committee. I don't really care who is "better" they each have their roles and Hill's is control the clock and score TD's. 27 of them in less than 3 years and leads the league in that category.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 03:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Apparently the Bengals coaches decided when they drafted Gio and then Hill that this offense was going to be RB by committee. I don't really care who is "better" they each have their roles and Hill's is control the clock and score TD's. 27 of them in less than 3 years and leads the league in that category.

Can't blame it on the O-line, he had trouble getting 3rd and shorts last year. That's a problem for his role.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Ah, NO! And it's not close.

While I do have issues with Hill none of them are related to talent. He's got a horrible line in front of him and predictable play calling behind him, both of which set up opposing defenses very nicely.

But even with all that he should have more yards and higher production and he should be on the field for multiple drives in a row wearing on defenses, but he seems to come out in the middle of drives. Isn't he in shape enough?

And for those who think Hill sucks, know that Gio was having his worst year as a pro before his injury put him on the shelf a few weeks ago. None of our RBs have had what you could call a good year.

Reply/Quote