Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Carman a bust?
I think he was drafted a little too high, but yes...generally when you aren't active for games as a 2nd Round pick in Year 2...you're a bust.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 02:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he was drafted a little too high, but yes...generally when you aren't active for games as a 2nd Round pick in Year 2...you're a bust.

not only a 2nd round pick... a 2nd round GUARD

guards dont often go in round 1, so round 2 is where the best guards start coming off the board
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 02:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes. It's time to trade him to the Giants.

That seems mean to the Giants!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Is there a way to schedule a post once a week asking if Carman is a bust? That would save the OP's time.
Reply/Quote
In Canton?

No, not yet.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 03:09 PM)J24 Wrote: That seems mean to the Giants!

Yes! Where's the problem?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 01:27 PM)tms Wrote: I can't see how this is possible if he doesn't play. Granted, there's a long way to go this year and injuries happen, but it doesn't bode well that he's a weekly inactive when there's already a guy hurt (Prince), nor that they picked up a backup LG off waivers (Scharping). What would they be keeping him for? Clearly don't trust him. Just to pretend like he's not officially a bust?

I think it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone. Just a matter of time. I say sooner than later. The noise around the alleged sexual assault doesn't help either. Plenty of guys can do what he's doing (i.e., nothing) who come with far less baggage. 

I was a fan of the Scharping pickup, and honestly I'd like to see him start over Volson.
I do think the OL would be upgraded with Scharping in there over Volson, personally.

Scharping only allowed 19 total pressures in 400 pass blocking snaps last year.
Volson is about half that already this season (195) and has already allowed 12 total pressures.
Volson has already allowed more sacks this year than Scharping allowed last year (3 vs 2).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 03:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was a fan of the Scharping pickup, and honestly I'd like to see him start over Volson.
I do think the OL would be upgraded with Scharping in there over Volson, personally.

Scharping only allowed 19 total pressures in 400 pass blocking snaps last year.
Volson is about half that already this season (195) and has already allowed 12 total pressures.
Volson has already allowed more sacks this year than Scharping allowed last year (3 vs 2).

Agreed, Scharping was a good pickup. A proven commodity for depth behind a rookie. Solid piece. I never liked the idea of having a project behind a project. 
Reply/Quote
Why do we even have to ask this question at this point? I’m surprised that he’s still on the team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well, let's see.

He's been beaten out by a 4th round rookie.

He's also been beaten out by a guy who couldn't make the Houston Texans.

He has a bad back.

There is a credible sexual assault allegation against him.

He looked like dog crap against 3rd stringers in the preseason.

Coaches have indirectly questioned his work ethic.

If he looks like a bust, plays like a bust, and acts like a bust...
Reply/Quote
Let me run it through my usual analytic filter:

How would we feel if the Steelers had drafted him?

*ANALYZING*

OUTPUT - bust
Reply/Quote
I do remember at one time when Marvin was still here some were asking the same thing about Boyd. Let's hope Carman turns out like Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 06:02 PM)Mer Wrote: I do remember at one time when Marvin was still here some were asking the same thing about Boyd. Let's hope Carman turns out like Boyd.

Really??

I thought most were high on Boyd.

Only the sophomore slump came to question I suppose?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is Carman a bust??? So far,yes he is.This guy was a high round pick,and should be performing.This guy is a product of Mike Brown and Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:32 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Could be one of Zac's flops.

Another one?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Late bloomer...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Send Jackson packing.
Reply/Quote
Not reading the threat. YES, he is.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 02:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes. It's time to trade him to the Giants.

Mixon, Jonah, and Carman for Saquon Barkley and Andrew Thomas. Yeah, that sounds fair.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 12:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It sure looks that way, sadly.

I hated the pick but was hopeful.

Generally speaking, I am not a fan of:

1) Tall guards (bad for leverage)
2) Drafting guys who are injured
3) Drafting guys to play a different position

Carman hit the trifecta, with motor issues to boot.
bingo!
Reply/Quote