Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Chase a sure thing?
I find myself flip flopping back and forth in the Chase vs Sewell debate. In actuality, I'll be happy with either (and Pitts too). Regardless of who we pick, it's going to be an absolute studs at a position of need.

I happened to run across this article (written from the Falcons POV) that gives second thought to putting so much faith into a top 10 WR pick. There are obviously some home runs in here, but this list of all WR drafted in the top 10 since 2010 is putrid. You'd assume all of those teams thought their shiny new toys would be elite too, ergo they invested such a high pick. Nevertheless, I'm sure there's some equally depressing list of tackles out there somewhere.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/gallery/nfl-falcon-draft-history-wide-receivers-julio-jones-devonta-smith/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No such thing. Just guys that come closer to it than others.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No player is a sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I want Sewell but Chase is no slouch.
Reply/Quote
What we do know is he and Burrow have a great connection on the field. Chase is better than Jefferson and Jefferson had himself quite a rookie campaign with the Vikings. Would be a young and fun WR core to watch on the field. That said I think the Bengals will be very run dominant this year for obvious reasons.
Reply/Quote
Of course not.

Reply/Quote
You never know but I would love for them to get Chase.

I do think Lawrence is as close to a sure thing as you can get. I will be shocked if he’s not, at the minimum, a very good NFL QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 08:38 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: You never know but I would love for them to get Chase.

I do think Lawrence is as close to a sure thing as you can get. I will be shocked if he’s not, at the minimum, a very good NFL QB.

Barring injury I’d say Pitts is right there with Lawrence, too. I just don’t see how that kid is not going to be a game changer.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Barring injury I’d say Pitts is right there with Lawrence, too. I just don’t see how that kid is not going to be a game changer.

I just don’t know about TEs. He’s talented but I am not as high on him as most. I know he’s a better prospect then Gresham but I remember hearing similar things about him before the Bengals took him. He was pretty good but not a game changer.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 287947d3460702104134a0e55c09a935bedaa10b.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Barring injury I’d say Pitts is right there with Lawrence, too. I just don’t see how that kid is not going to be a game changer.

I just don’t know about TEs. He’s talented but I am not as high on him as most. I know he’s a better prospect then Gresham but I remember hearing similar things about him before the Bengals took him. He was pretty good but not a game changer.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 07:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No such thing. Just guys that come closer to it than others.

I feel like Andrew Luck, both Bosas, Chase Young, Trevor Lawrence, AJ Green, Jamal Adams,and Julio were all pretty close to sure things (is in Lawrence's case). I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but barring catastrophe, you know for a select few guys.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Chase is gonna be good. That said look at past 20 drafts how many times the first wr drafted was the best wr in the class. I can only remember it happening once. Calvin johnson. There are some close calls like aj vs julio or the dj moore draft but jury is still out there. The bulk of solid nfl wrs come from 2nd and 3rd rounds. Seems almost every year there are very good guys coming from beyond 1st round. Take penei and address wr later. Wr is a need but not nearly as bad as what we got on the line.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr Chase is as close to a sure thing as Trevor Lawrence .
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Barring injury I’d say Pitts is right there with Lawrence, too. I just don’t see how that kid is not going to be a game changer.

I feel the same about Pitts, but Malik Wright said the Bengals would trade down and take defense before they took Pitts. H said no way we take him. He's been pretty accurate about the offseason so far. 

Anyway, Chase, Lawrence, Pitts, even Sewell are about as close to sure bets as it gets imo. Never a sure thing, but they have the grades. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 09:33 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I feel the same about Pitts, but Malik Wright said the Bengals would trade down and take defense before they took Pitts. H said no way we take him. He's been pretty accurate about the offseason so far. 

Anyway, Chase, Lawrence, Pitts, even Sewell are about as close to sure bets as it gets imo. Never a sure thing, but they have the grades. 

I guess Taylor was at Florida’s pro day just for Toney. Kind of bothers me they wouldn’t even consider such a special prospect like Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 09:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase is as close to a sure thing as Trevor Lawrence .

JaMarr was excellent for one year , Lawrence has been excellent for 3. Chase had 313 yards and 3 TDs his Freshman year. Trevor won a National title, winning MVP of the game, and while giving "Bama their worst loss under Saban  in his Freshman year. 

Lawrence is as sure of a thing as that heavy Freshman I took to Junior Prom. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Heres what I noticed.
Certain college programs produce top flight NFL players
At certain positions.
LSU has been producing high level WRs way before Jamar Chase got there. Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham come to mind.
Clemson puts out big time WRs.Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams
Tee Higgins.
Wisconsin produces big time olinemen.Joe Thomas, Kevin Zeitler.
Alabama churns out WRs...Julio Jones, Jerry Jeudy, etc

So chances are Jamar Chase is going.to be a real playmaker in the NFL. Plus Chase really showed up under the big lights
As Marvin would say "the game isnt too big for him"

Jamar Chase could be the real deal
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess Taylor was at Florida’s pro day just for Toney. Kind of bothers me they wouldn’t even consider such a special prospect like Pitts.

I totally agree wth that. I think Pitts will be a beast.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 10:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Heres what I noticed.
Certain college programs produce top flight NFL players
At certain positions.
LSU has been producing high level WRs way before Jamar Chase got there. Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham come to mind.
Clemson puts out big time WRs.Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams
Tee Higgins.
Wisconsin produces big time olinemen.Joe Thomas, Kevin Zeitler.
Alabama churns out WRs...Julio Jones, Jerry Jeudy, etc

So chances are Jamar Chase is going.to be a real playmaker in the NFL. Plus Chase really showed up under the big lights
As Marvin would say "the game isnt too big for him"

Jamar Chase could be the real deal

Iowa & Notre Dame - OL

OSU - DL

Reply/Quote