Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Columbus Too Close to Cincinnati?
Even though they were playing in Happy Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRyvHUiX4wo

Looks the Buckeyes are cursed with the same poor vision officials!!

This no call came at the end of the game when they were driving down 3 points.
Reply/Quote
I think my house is too close to Cincy as well...

I was making my cup of coffee this morning with my Bengals mug and poured too much cream into my cup. This curse is like a never-ending kick to the groin!
Reply/Quote
Their offensive line looks worse than ours. Inconceivable!
Reply/Quote
Yeah that was ridiculous, horribly obvious since it was such a deep throw every eye in the stadium was on those 2. Don't know how you miss that. Can't believe how the announcers just sorta blew it off like it wasn't much. Completely took away his chance of catching the ball. Oh well, that loss may be just what the doctor ordered for OSU. They've played far better after each of their previous 2 losses and this time they still control their own destiny
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 11:50 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah that was ridiculous, horribly obvious since it was such a deep throw every eye in the stadium was on those 2. Don't know how you miss that. Can't believe how the announcers just sorta blew it off like it wasn't much. Completely took away his chance of catching the ball. Oh well, that loss may be just what the doctor ordered for OSU. They've played far better after each of their previous 2 losses and this time they still control their own destiny

Agreed.  Meyer is one of the best at getting his team ready for the must win games.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 11:54 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agreed.  Meyer is one of the best at getting his team ready for the must win games.

Hope he's got a couple of All-American prospects to insert at OT, hidden in a closet somewhere.  I honestly cannot ever remember a Buckeye team looking that pathetic at the OT position.  When you compound that with the fact that DCs around the conference have discovered how to scheme to neutralize the Read Option, Meyer and Co. have their coaching work cut out for them.

The total breakdown on Special Teams in the 4th Quarter is just plain inexcusable. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 12:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hope he's got a couple of All-American prospects to insert at OT, hidden in a closet somewhere.  I honestly cannot ever remember a Buckeye team looking that pathetic at the OT position.  When you compound that with the fact that DCs around the conference have discovered how to scheme to neutralize the Read Option, Meyer and Co. have their coaching work cut out for them.

The total breakdown on Special Teams in the 4th Quarter is just plain inexcusable. 

I'm sure they will hear about it, if they haven't already.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, if you could keep OSU talk out of JN that would be great.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 11:17 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Even though they were playing in Happy Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRyvHUiX4wo

Looks the Buckeyes are cursed with the same poor vision officials!!

This no call came at the end of the game when they were driving down 3 points.

In real time, that play was bang-bang.  Nobody even mentioned pass interference until the replay.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: In real time, that play was bang-bang.  Nobody even mentioned pass interference until the replay.

There were in my house.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: In real time, that play was bang-bang.  Nobody even mentioned pass interference until the replay.

Who's "Nobody"? It was obvious as the play happened. People talk about bias refs in the NFL, it's even worse in college ball. I'm not an OSU fan (UC and Xavier grad) but one penalty called on Penn State  vs. eight on OSU is a complete joke. Talk about some home cookin' (insert old "stirring the pot" emoji). 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: There were in my house.

I wish I could believe you, but I saw that play live, and it didn't look like PI at all UNTIL the replay... it really was bang-bang.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:33 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I wish I could believe you, but I saw that play live, and it didn't look like PI at all UNTIL the replay... it really was bang-bang.

So because you didn't see it, it means no one else could...?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 12:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hope he's got a couple of All-American prospects to insert at OT, hidden in a closet somewhere.  I honestly cannot ever remember a Buckeye team looking that pathetic at the OT position.  When you compound that with the fact that DCs around the conference have discovered how to scheme to neutralize the Read Option, Meyer and Co. have their coaching work cut out for them.

The Buckeye O line players were bigger than the D line players - go figure!   Price (RT)needs a brain transplant ASAP.

The total breakdown on Special Teams in the 4th Quarter is just plain inexcusable.  Also, add in the muffed placement on the missed FG in first Q. STs were generally terrible all game long and it came back to bite them big time. Read option is essentially over. Barrett can't pass so the rest of this season has an unpleasant outlook. BTW didn't OSU recruit a top WR out of FL? Where is he?
Reply/Quote
I would fight this thread if I could. Make it go away. Arghh!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:43 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So because you didn't see it, it means no one else could...?

It was FRACTIONS of a second... anyone who says it was obvious in real-time is LYING because they are biased.
It only looked obvious on slow-motion REPLAY.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would fight this thread if I could.  Make it go away.  Arghh!!!!

Forget it, they're rolling.

[Image: 09fc517e21b08723487669347927461bf179715d...0d8ff7.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would fight this thread if I could.  Make it go away.  Arghh!!!!

Get a life Toaster!  If this thread is the worst thing that you had to deal with yesterday and today, you had a pretty good couple of days!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It was FRACTIONS of a second... anyone who says it was obvious in real-time is LYING because they are biased.
It only looked obvious on slow-motion REPLAY.

You could have just said yes. When a player is only able to get one arm up for a ball because the other arm is being knocked down before the ball, it's really not that hard to see. Would he have made the catch? Idk. But it was PI and it didn't take slow-mo to see it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:21 PM)Sweetness Wrote: You could have just said yes. When a player is only able to get one arm up for a ball because the other arm is being knocked down before the ball, it's really not that hard to see. Would he have made the catch? Idk. But it was PI and it didn't take slow-mo to see it. 

I totally agree that it was PI.
My argument was that it was virtually impossible to see in real time.  I wish I knew the frame rate of the video to determine just how little time elapsed between the contact and the arrival of the ball.
Reply/Quote