Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Byner's fumble worse than Hill's?
(06-23-2016, 09:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Basically all Jeremy had to do was get the ball and fall down. If im not mistaken we were well within field goal range and putting the game out of reach for the amount of time that was left.

Ours was worse.

the simple fact that we were winning our first playoff game in over 25 years with less than 2 minutes to go  is what makes it epically bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 09:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Basically all Jeremy had to do was get the ball and fall down. If im not mistaken we were well within field goal range and putting the game out of reach for the amount of time that was left.

Ours was worse.

Byner's was worse because after he fumbled the Brown's had no hope.

After the Hill fumble we were still in great shape to win the game.  I don't know a single person who automatically assumed we would lose after that fumble.  Roethlisberger was crippled and the Steelers were on their own 9 yard line with just a little over a minute to play.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Byner's was worse because after he fumbled the Brown's had no hope.

After the Hill fumble we were still in great shape to win the game.  I don't know a single person who automatically assumed we would lose after that fumble.  Roethlisberger was crippled and the Steelers were on their own 9 yard line with just a little over a minute to play.

Oh you knew when it happened that was it...
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 05:33 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill's fumble was atrocious, not only gave up a sure win but also allowed the Pittsburgh ghost off the hook.  Byner's fumble, on the other hand, was fantastic!

So true, cannot say it better. Hill has some major shit to make up for after that major shit.

Always good when the Clowns fail.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh you knew when it happened that was it...

No you didn't.

Unless you are one of those ridiculous haters who guarantee a loss if we fall behind in the first quarter.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh you knew when it happened that was it...

And I knew that one of two idiots would ice it for them.

Little did I know that both of them would do it...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure about that. Byner's fumble only made me shake my head in disbelief.

Hill's fumble however was like a swift strong kick right in the gonads that made me feel like puking.

Then I did after witnessing what the defense did.

Did not need to relive that. Thanks

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Byner's was worse because after he fumbled the Brown's had no hope.

In all fairness I said "It wouldn't surprise me if someone, probably Burfict, got a 15-yard penalty to put them in game-winning FG range" but I'm one of the notable pessimists in these parts.

I also recalled our loss to the Cardinals earlier in the year being pretty similar.

1. we don't capitalize on our offensive possession
2. opponents march down the field hitting obvious targets
3. 15 yard penalty to set up game-winning FG
4. game winning FG is good
5. stunned Bengals fans
Reply/Quote

The trouble was we defended him like he was not.  That to me was the single biggest failure of the game. 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness I said "It wouldn't surprise me if someone, probably Burfict, got a 15-yard penalty to put them in game-winning FG range" but I'm one of the notable pessimists in these parts.

I also recalled our loss to the Cardinals earlier in the year being pretty similar.

1. we don't capitalize on our offensive possession
2. opponents march down the field hitting obvious targets
3. 15 yard penalty to set up game-winning FG
4. game winning FG is good
5. stunned Bengals fans

Only the bold wasn't self-inflicted, like the Stoolers game was.

I am still seething over the horse**** call in that Arizona game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote