Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who stays, & who goes ?
(12-17-2019, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: then next season is lost before it starts...  We don't have an OC by the way....  We have a HC that thinks hes an OC

Hue Jackson was a good OC.  I'm just saying.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 05:56 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Hue Jackson was a good OC.  I'm just saying.  

I would do this.

Hire Gruden as HC, Hue as OC, and get a legit D coordinator.

Now imagine picking Burrow, keeping Dalton, drafting some decent WRs.

Fill the rest of the gaps in FA.

That's just me. 

I would think both the Offense and Defense would improve quickly with these moves.

The familiarity factor alone would speed up the process and smooth things out with Dalton & Green.

Andy won't like being replaced but would have more understanding if it's for a top talent #1OA as opposed to a 4th round nobody QB.

If he's not a team player(doubtful)deal his ass for a draft pick.

Taylor and friends need to be far away from Burrow if we pick him in my opinion.

Zac needs to go back to being a position coach somewhere. Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:21 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would do this.

That's just me. 

I would think both the Offense and Defense would improve quickly with these moves.

The familiarity factor alone would speed up the process and smooth things out with Dalton & Green.

Andy won't like being replaced but would have more understanding if it's for a top talent #1OA as opposed to a 4th round nobody QB.

Taylor and friends need to be far away from Burrow if we pick him in my opinion.

You want to pay 17 million for a backup QB?

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 09:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who has experience with Taylor or Callahan?

Better yet, who would want to have experience with them?

They've haven't even been here a year and I already want them shipped way, way out of town.

Connor Cook was with Callahan in Oakland. Sean Mannion was with Taylor in LA.

As I said, they would be camp arms and competition for Finley through preseason maybe. The overarching theme here is we aren't keeping a 17 million dollar back up who has made it very clear he still wants to start. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: Connor Cook was with Callahan in Oakland. Sean Mannion was with Taylor in LA.

As I said, they would be camp arms and competition for Finley through preseason maybe. The overarching theme here is we aren't keeping a 17 million dollar back up who has made it very clear he still wants to start. 

Wow, there are two guys out there who are familiar with either Taylor or Callahan. How pathetic is that?

God, do this coaching staff need to be fired. The team made a horrible mistake in hiring them and they just need to get this nightmare over.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:11 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Has Mike Brown ever released  a value position guy?  Dalton has trade value for the right team on draft day or during next season.  Mike won't throw him away.  Zak Taylor was handed Marvin Lewis's aging unit so he'll want to continue bringing in "his guys" in free agency.  But of course Mike Brown will be the guy frustrating those plans.  The team was let down at QB, OL, LB and WR this season.  To name what I can see, of course the coaches see it differently.  So by rights they should be extremely busy in FA.  What will Mike Brown and family be busy doing? 

If anyone offers something for Dalton hopefully MB takes it and doesn't pull the Mccarron botch again.
Reply/Quote
My guess is that Bengals will Tag Green then trade him to the Patriots this spring for #1 draft pick. Dalton will be traded for #3 & 5 picks. I think Glenn may be traded for #5 pick in draft.

I think FEJ is gone as the Bengals will draft a Safety this draft to help with the 5-2-5 defensive schemes.

Hart will stay another year then probably get waived or stays as backup. I think Evans is gone. Same for Price. I think Finley will be replaced but not until late next off season if then.

Gone: Evans, Green, Dalton, Glenn, Price, and FEJ. Eventually Finley will be released. No reason to keep him.
Stays: Lawson, Vigil (for another year), Eifert (another year contract for the rookie QB).
Coaches: Stay all. Maybe Sweet Lou is fired.
Turner did enough to earn his stay by reviving the rushing game. The OL has improved although I still wished he were fired.
Sweet Lou will earn another year although there is a chance he could be fired this off season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
My guesses:

Dalton - Traded

Green - Franchised. Skips OTAs as he said he would under the tag and eventually traded or just sits out almost all season.

Dennard - should be kept but signs elsewhere.

Eifert - Gets a 1 year offer from the Bengals and stays.

Hopkins - Mike will stick to his interior linemen aren't worth the money mindset and Hopkins walks.

Kerry Wynn - Gets signed and Hopspin calls it a great move and writes a huge fluff piece.

John Jerry - Tests the market and eventually returns on a low dollar deal.

Nick Vigil - He will get re signed and that makes them wait.till round 4 of the draft for a LB.

Andrew Billings - Wants more then he is offered and signs with another AFC North team.

Fedj - Gets resigned for his special teams play. Becomes the new target for fans like previous special teams players. Meanwhile, Hopspin, spins a tale of the Bengals keeping their own because he is signed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:21 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would do this.

That's just me. 

I would really like to have Gruden but I doubt Mike Brown fires Zac after one season.  Plus Zac inherited a shit show and probably needs a chance to improve.  That being said, I'd rather have Gruden back.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: We have cut veterans before cut down day that would have potentially had some value in order to let them go find good spots to try and make rosters. Dalton honestly may not have value next year based on how the QB market is shaping up right now. We will shop him but I stand by what I said, if we don't find value we will release him. The reality is we aren't going to carry a 17 million dollar back up into the season plus with a young head coach you don't want the angry veteran sitting behind the 1st overall pick causing issues not that it would but it can create some bad optics.

I think the relative success of Tannehill in Tennessee bodes well for Dalton.  There are a number of teams in that middle ground that could benefit from him.  I look at Jacksonville, Denver, and maybe even the Chargers as potential landing spots.  Tampa is probably off his radar now with Winston's offensive explosion of late...he is still a turnover machine, but wow...two weeks in a row over 450 yards passing. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If anyone offers something for Dalton hopefully MB takes it and doesn't pull the Mccarron botch again.

Mike Brown could trade Andy Dalton to Houston for AJ McCarron and draft picks!  AJ was a terrific backup quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown could trade Andy Dalton to Houston for AJ McCarron and draft picks!  AJ was a terrific backup quarterback.

I mean no offense, but man you get onto some weird obsessions from time to time.

One week your avatar will be Fat Andre, then it will be AJ McCarron out of nowhere lol

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean no offense, but man you get onto some weird obsessions from time to time.

One week your avatar will be Fat Andre, then it will be AJ McCarron out of nowhere lol

Props to you for recognizing my current avatar as AJ McCarron.  I've been PM-ed about why the BLEEP I have Ryan Finley on there. Hilarious

What's wrong with changing my avatar so often? 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown could trade Andy Dalton to Houston for AJ McCarron and draft picks!  AJ was a terrific backup quarterback.

You know the root word of terrific is "terror" right?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:11 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Has Mike Brown ever released  a value position guy?  Dalton has trade value for the right team on draft day or during next season.  Mike won't throw him away.  Zak Taylor was handed Marvin Lewis's aging unit so he'll want to continue bringing in "his guys" in free agency.  But of course Mike Brown will be the guy frustrating those plans.  The team was let down at QB, OL, LB and WR this season.  To name what I can see, of course the coaches see it differently.  So by rights they should be extremely busy in FA.  What will Mike Brown and family be busy doing? 

The very important business of skiing in the Swiss Alps.. Hopefully there's a very large and hard tree with their name on it along the ski trails.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You know the root word of terrific is "terror" right?

Language is weird and always has been.. You usually hear stuff like, "That's awfully good", but never "That's wonderfully horrible"
The bengals are terribly horrible.. Has a nice ring to it, no?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: Language is weird and always has been.. You usually hear stuff like, "That's awfully good", but never "That's wonderfully horrible"
The bengals are terribly horrible.. Has a nice ring to it, no?

That's just overkill...well actually we are 1-13 so maybe not. This year has been terrifically awfully terribly terrible.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:43 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Props to you for recognizing my current avatar as AJ McCarron.  I've been PM-ed about why the BLEEP I have Ryan Finley on there. Hilarious

What's wrong with changing my avatar so often? 

Nothing wrong with changing it frequently, it’s just some of the choices lol Tongue

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's just overkill...well actually we are 1-13 so maybe not. This year has been terrifically awfully terribly terrible.

I know..I was just trying to make em sound better. 

Reply/Quote