Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Sim Mock with a couple trades
The trades weren't very realistic, but I took two chances to slide back and get a couple additional 2nd rounders. I am hoping AJM becomes pick #33 overall.

I had the chance to get Barnett at #9 but passed. It really cost me as I ended up losing Willis early in the 2nd. I was able to get Walker out of FSU a few picks later, and that was a solid choice.

I would be thrilled beyond belief if we were able to make this happen: The computer rating system killed me for taking Garcia (who is first round talent?) but I just want a better plan than "Ced will be ok". I like Kamara better than Mixon as he played in a tougher division and I really like his big-play ability. It gave me poor rankings for taking the kicker at the end of Rd 4, but I didn't want him to get away and the Bucs took a kicker last year with their 2nd round pick. This is where it really benefits us to have those compensatory picks.

It similarly hated Odenigbo, but I love this kid in the later rounds. He is just scratching the surface of his ability and actually had pressure % rankings similar to some first round talent. He is a physical freak and a really good, smart kid. The picks from Rd 6 on are largely great athletes with experience limitations.

Thoughts?

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (PHI): John Ross, WR, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 9: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt (B+)
Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy (C+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (CLE): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (B)
Round 4 Pick 9: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (C+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF (B)
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE, Northwestern (D)
Round 6 Pick 9: Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming ©
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 9: Pita Taumoepenu, OLB, Utah ©
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan (C+)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The trades weren't very realistic, but I took two chances to slide back and get a couple additional 2nd rounders.  I am hoping AJM becomes pick #33 overall.

I had the chance to get Barnett at #9 but passed.  It really cost me as I ended up losing Willis early in the 2nd.  I was able to get Walker out of FSU a few picks later, and that was a solid choice.

I would be thrilled beyond belief if we were able to make this happen:  The computer rating system killed me for taking Garcia (who is first round talent?) but I just want a better plan than "Ced will be ok".  I like Kamara better than Mixon as he played in a tougher division and I really like his big-play ability.  It gave me poor rankings for taking the kicker at the end of Rd 4, but I didn't want him to get away and the Bucs took a kicker last year with their 2nd round pick.  This is where it really benefits us to have those compensatory picks.

It similarly hated Odenigbo, but I love this kid in the later rounds.  He is just scratching the surface of his ability and actually had pressure % rankings similar to some first round talent.  He is a physical freak and a really good, smart kid.  The picks from Rd 6 on are largely great athletes with experience limitations.  

Thoughts?

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (PHI): John Ross, WR, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 9: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt (B+)
Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy (C+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (CLE): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (B)
Round 4 Pick 9: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (C+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF (B)
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE, Northwestern (D)
Round 6 Pick 9: Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming ©
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 9: Pita Taumoepenu, OLB, Utah ©
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan (C+)

My breakdown on a few of the picks and what not.

First, I love the idea of getting more picks as this draft is more of a depth draft than a superstar draft and that's what this team needs good depth all over.

round 1 pick 1 - I do not like the idea of bringing in Ross, his medical history should scream caution and for that he is overpassed by so many other players. If we go WR give me Davis or Williams, but personally I wait on WR till round 3 and grab a guy like Zay Jones and then draft a DE like Thomas/Allen/Barnett/Charlton or S Jamal Adams/Hooker or Foster at LB.

round 2 pick 2 - Cunningham is a good choice at LB and I feel if we can get 1 of the top 5 then that should set up our LB core for the foreseeable future. If we go Foster in the first then I'd relegate this pick to the top rated DE, a guard like Feeney or C like Eflein or possibly a rb like Mixon.

round 2 pick 3 - I think you're a round or 2 early on Garcia and we would benefit from drafting a top rated G or C like I mention on the previous pick.

round 3 picks - Love the Walker pick, I don't know if he last till 3, but would love to have him on the team. Butt would be a nice pick up for our TE unit. If he checks out medically then we got a top TE talent.

round 5 pick 8 - Solid CB depth. Would personally like to make a run at one of the Colorado CB's or Fabien Moreau from UCLA, but not a bad consolation pick.

Overall there are some nice players, but I would make a few changes as several picks seem like wasted opportunities to really hit a home run. Most of the late round picks from round 5 on are most likely PS or cut players.
Reply/Quote