Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Eifert on a snap count, or being underused by choice?
Honestly, if someone had said last year after his injury we would have Eifert available for all 10 games to start the season I would have been delighted....and assume he would have a massive role to play.

Well he's already been available for a longer period than anytime since 2015 and is on track for 44 catches and is averaging a paltry 8.3 yards per reception.

Considering the challenges at WR with AJ, less experienced guys surely we can lean on him more??

Is he on a snap count due to injury, is it because TE not featured in this offense, is he just not the player he was - what gives???
Reply/Quote
I've not really niticed any drop off in his play when they go to him, so I would guess against it being him not being the player he was.....
Reply/Quote
I'd say he's lost a step, QB play is down and now way down with Finley in there, ZT's system is crap so far and so on. Everyone is looked worse this year expect Auden Tate, so who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I Fart should have been traded. No reason not to get some sort of pick for him. He's not being utilized here, and we have Drew Freaking Mutha Grabbin Sample on the roster.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I'd say it's scheme. I dont think TE is really all that used in McVay/Taylor's system.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 03:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I Fart should have been traded. No reason not to get some sort of pick for him. He's not being utilized here, and we have Drew Freaking Mutha Grabbin Sample on the roster.

yeah...that pick is getting more baffling by the day.
Reply/Quote
I thought they said in the offseason they weren’t going to use him as much to try to keep him healthy
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 03:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd say it's scheme. I dont think TE is really all that used in McVay/Taylor's system.

This is my guess.

But given our struggles at WR I can't imagine that we would not have gone to him more if he really was still the same player he was in '15.  Eifert was not just big and fast.  He could get in and out of his cuts like a WR.

Even coaches that don't throw to their TEs a lot would find a way to use a player like the '15 version of Eifert.  Bill Belichick does not believe in "bell cow RBs" but when he had Corey Dillon he got him 360 touches in the regular season and 74 more in 3 postseason games. 
Reply/Quote
It is not just Eifert who is being underutilized. It is all of the tight ends. Which is ridiculous considering how beat up the WRs are

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Eifert is on pace for 3 TDs and under 400 yards.
The year Taylor took over as OC in Miami (2015), their top TE Jordan Cameron ended with 3 TDs and under 400 yards.

This offense is not catered to featuring the TE much in the passing game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We're keeping him healthy for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 03:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd say it's scheme. I dont think TE is really all that used in McVay/Taylor's system.

McVay uses his TE's. Evertt has 35 rec and Higbee 28. While it is not the eagles or chiefs it is way more than Uzi with 11 and Eifort with 28 rec.  Why draft a 3rd if they are not used. Incompetent idiots is the only answer I have. 
Reply/Quote
Saving him for the playoffs
Reply/Quote

Tiger  I have to agree with the above. CJU is not being used near as much as last year...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote