Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Flacco elite.
Someone shared this with me on Facebook.  I don't know why.   Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Someone shared this with me on Facebook.  I don't know why.   Mellow

That's actually pretty funny.  I always had a feeling that you'd make a worthwhile post on here, some day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's actually pretty funny.  I always had a feeling that you'd make a worthwhile post on here, some day.

[Image: 3e9.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pretty funny!

Be more hilarious if they went into how he was paid a stupid amount because of one good postseason!
Reply/Quote
It’s questionable why the Ravens keep going back to that well. Anyway, good post.

Reply/Quote
Quote:Is Flacco elite.

LOL
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pretty funny!

Be more hilarious if they went into how he was paid a stupid amount because of one good postseason!

Nah. 

Pointing out his contract makes the Ravens look bad, but the whole point of it is to humiliate Flacco, not the Ravens. Flacco made out like a bandit in that deal.  

"Ha ha, Joe ...  you are far from being elite, and everyone knows it!  Plus, allow us to twist the knife even further by pointing out that you are a rich, rich man!  Take that!  Ha!"

Yeah ... doesn't work.    

(Still one of your best posts, though)
Reply/Quote
Elite scam artist

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For some reason, the term "laughing all the way to the bank" pops into my head.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pretty funny!

The Ravens had no choice. Everything broke out the right for Flacco that year. Mediocre QB who was going to be a UFA who stepped up his game just long enough to have an incredible post season, win the SB, and get the MVP. 

There's no way you can let him walk after that and someone else would have given him stupid money. He held ALL of the leverage and he cashed in huge. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 07:32 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Ravens had no choice. Everything broke out the right for Flacco that year. Mediocre QB who was going to be a UFA who stepped up his game just long enough to have an incredible post season, win the SB, and get the MVP. 

There's no way you can let him walk after that and someone else would have given him stupid money. He held ALL of the leverage and he cashed in huge. 

Or you’re smart, hold out, and give him a lot of money, but not a stupid amount of money because no other team would throw the kind of money they did at him because of one postseason run, especially when doing so crippled your franchise in terms of being able to make other moves.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 07:32 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Ravens had no choice. Everything broke out the right for Flacco that year. Mediocre QB who was going to be a UFA who stepped up his game just long enough to have an incredible post season, win the SB, and get the MVP. 

They had a choice, they low balled him versus signing him long term prior to the Super Bowl run. Flacco gambled on himself and had the only great year of his career. But they also could have franchised him one more year, Skins just did a second year to Cousins so team do do it albeit very costly for a one year deal.

But Ozzie messed up and many like me will argue that huge mistake along with long term Ray Rice and Pitta deals have cost the Ravens future success. His cap hit is absurd for his talent. Also, they signed him to a very long expensive deal with little wiggle room if he tanked or became mediocre. Yep, the great wizard of OZ got them in this mess.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 10:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Or you’re smart, hold out, and give him a lot of money, but not a stupid amount of money because no other team would throw the kind of money they did at him because of one postseason run, especially when doing so crippled your franchise in terms of being able to make other moves.

I disagree. Plenty of teams would have thrown stupid money at him. They most certainly would have at least gotten into a bidding war driving up their cap hit for 2013 (remember his extension was very cap friendly for the first year, 2013), or just lost him altogether. They couldn't let him hit the open market. 

(01-26-2018, 12:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They had a choice, they low balled him versus signing him long term prior to the Super Bowl run. Flacco gambled on himself and had the only great year of his career. But they also could have franchised him one more year, Skins just did a second year to Cousins so team do do it albeit very costly for a one year deal.

But Ozzie messed up and many like me will argue that huge mistake along with long term Ray Rice and Pitta deals have cost the Ravens future success. His cap hit is absurd for his talent. Also, they signed him to a very long expensive deal with little wiggle room if he tanked or became mediocre. Yep, the great wizard of OZ got them in this mess.

I don't remember and just don't know what the Ravens salary cap situation was for 2013, but the fact that his extension was very cap friendly for the first year tells me that they didn't have a lot of room and may not have had the space to tag him, which was going to be $20M according to this article. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138802/article/ravens-have-big-franchisetag-decision-to-make-with-joe-flacco
Reply/Quote
He Has an Elite Cod Piece... It knocked burfict out cold.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 20130203_105652_Flacco_500.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 09:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 20130203_105652_Flacco_500.jpg]

Wow, way to preserve that moment.  Most pictures would have been light faded by now.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote