Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Foster another burfict?
(01-10-2017, 10:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Exactly, so we can't have a differing opinions from the pundits?

They aren't clones, but they are pretty similar coming out of college.  Maualuga was bigger, and Foster is faster, but people forget that Rey was a sideline to sideline guy and his athleticism was highly touted in college.  Both guys were team leaders and feared hitters.  Both guys displayed good block shedding ability, instincts, and play diagnosis.  Both guys tend to be overaggressive and take bad angles occasionally.  Both guys can get manipulated in coverage by the QB.  The issue is, we tend to mix up the Rey Maualuga we got with what he was touted to be in college

Mauluga couldn't cover in college he got get into his zone but that was it. He was over weight then and it showed in the way he played but it was forgiven because he was asked to be an enforcer flanked by two much better linebackers on either side. Foster last season was closer to the Mauluga we saw in college but not really remotely similar to the guy we see playing this year at 225 for Alabama. This year you have a very agile guy who can change direction and stop cut back runners even if he over pursues.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: I stand corrected on Maualuga being a Top 10 pick come draft time.  He was a consensus Top 10 pick at this point  in the draft process, but I forgot that he dropped a bit around the combine.

As far as your name calling and other nonsense, we can have different opinions and have a discussion, or you can keep on puffing yourself up like a 13 year old virgin trying to act hard in front some high school girls.

But I find it funny you used NFLDraftscout.com as an example, because they have Foster at 16, which would mean mid-1st, atm.

What's funny about it?  I don't cherry pick shit just to suit my narratives.  If Foster ends up being a mid 1st round grade as the process goes on, so be it.  It does not lend an ounce of credibility to your claim that they are the same player.  E.J. Maunel, Troy Polamalu, and Jevon Kearse were all 16th picks in the first round, does that mean they are the same player? 

As to name calling, you act like Fredtoast, you get called Fredtoast.  Not my fault if that gets sand in your precious vagina. But keep going on with all the internet trope insults you trotted out.  (4 of them in there! 4 is a big number!).  My feelings are all tender now.   LMAO

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:54 AM)Burma Wrote: Really?  guess PFF and every other draftnik has been fooled by him.  Rolleyes

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/

Just keep in mind that PFF also said Dawson was the best LB in his draft class.

Production isn't necessarily everything. Intangibles exist when it comes to the LB position.

I'm not swayed either way, as I would be happy if the Bengals took Foster, but also understand and wouldn't mind if they took someone else.

I'm just saying PFF has been dead wrong before.

On multiple occasions, in fact. I wouldn't take their word as gospel.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mauluga couldn't cover in college he got get into his zone but that was it. He was over weight then and it showed in the way he played but it was forgiven because he was asked to be an enforcer flanked by two much better linebackers on either side. Foster last season was closer to the Mauluga we saw in college but not really remotely similar to the guy we see playing this year at 225 for Alabama. This year you have a very agile guy who can change direction and stop cut back runners even if he over pursues.

Foster is better in coverage, but Rey was a more effective pass rusher.  Like I said, they are similar, but not clones.

Foster will not likely be playing at 225-230 in the NFL.  If he does, he will probably have a hard time holding up over time, or at the very least, shift to WLB.  CJ Mosely had to bulk up from his college weight, as well.  He's playing at 240.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: Foster is better in coverage, but Rey was a more effective pass rusher.  Like I said, they are similar, but not clones.

Foster will not likely be playing at 225-230 in the NFL.  If he does, he will probably have a hard time holding up over time, or at the very least, shift to WLB.  CJ Mosely had to bulk up from his college weight, as well.  He's playing at 240.  

Yea, I am going to simply have to disagree and say Rey and Foster really were not that similar other than that they both played MLB and they both do things better or worse than each other that middle linebackers do. Basically, you could say the same thing when comparing anyone to anyone else in the same position.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, I am going to simply have to disagree and say Rey and Foster really were not that similar other than that they both played MLB and they both do things better or worse than each other that middle linebackers do. Basically, you could say the same thing when comparing anyone to anyone else in the same position.

Fair enough.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:41 PM)Burma Wrote: What's funny about it?  I don't cherry pick shit just to suit my narratives.  If Foster ends up being a mid 1st round grade as the process goes on, so be it.  It does not lend an ounce of credibility to your claim that they are the same player.  E.J. Maunel, Troy Polamalu, and Jevon Kearse were all 16th picks in the first round, does that mean they are the same player? 

As to name calling, you act like Fredtoast, you get called Fredtoast.  Not my fault if that gets sand in your precious vagina. But keep going on with all the internet trope insults you trotted out.  (4 of them in there! 4 is a big number!).  My feelings are all tender now.   LMAO

This sounds like fredtoast.ive been banned from jungle noise on 4 diffrent ip address for arguing with this guy.He defends this team like mike has a video of him touching  himself 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm kinda partial to the Boulware kid that was calling Bama's plays from his position and lining up teammates to snuff them out.

Love his intensity and he doesn't project as a very high round pick.

Clemson ILB Ben Boulware , Senior, 6-0, 235, 4.84, 7th Round-UFA

Boulware lacks the size and speed scouts are looking for but his instincts and physicality made him a difference-maker in this contest. On several occasions he pointed to where the ball was heading, alerting teammates in much the same way that another too-small, too slow Lofa Tatupu did for Southern California Trojans years ago. Boulware recorded six tackles against the Tide, including two for loss and a pass broken up.
Grade: B

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Love his intensity and he doesn't project as a very high round pick.

Clemson ILB Ben Boulware , Senior, 6-0, 235, 4.84, 7th Round-UFA

Boulware lacks the size and speed scouts are looking for but his instincts and physicality made him a difference-maker in this contest. On several occasions he pointed to where the ball was heading, alerting teammates in much the same way that another too-small, too slow Lofa Tatupu did for Southern California Trojans years ago. Boulware recorded six tackles against the Tide, including two for loss and a pass broken up.
Grade: B

7th round or UFA?  Damn.  That would be an incredible value pick.  Boulware is constantly making plays. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote