Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Gronk Serious?
Is Rob Gronkowski serious about coming to Cincinnati? If so this possibility deserves a serious pause for reflection. Here’s what Gronk said on February 9:

"I kinda like this young buck quarterback. He's in the Super Bowl now: It's Joe Burrow, man. I watched him in college. I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket, he's just so calm and he just slings it out on the field. I just love his swag, too."

This might work.

Later addition to the post: As mentioned below this would have to be mutually beneficial for the Bengals and Gronk. Gronk has a last chance at a ring at a team friendly price.

Also, Gronk is a great blocker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love Gronk and would go nuts if he signed here, but I dunno. I feel like TE is such a small part of this offense that they might be best suited drafting one and not spending cap that could go elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 08:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Is Rob Gronkowski serious about coming to Cincinnati?  If so this possibility deserves a serious pause for reflection.  Here’s what Gronk said on February 9:

"I kinda like this young buck quarterback. He's in the Super Bowl now: It's Joe Burrow, man.  I watched him in college. I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket, he's just so calm and he just slings it out on the field. I just love his swag, too."

This might work...

I'd be all for bringing in Gronk for a very team friendly price. He's a little to long in the NFL tooth to break the bank for.
Reply/Quote
I said this in the last Gronk thread coming to Cincinnati. NO! He tries to rip off military members, veterans and families.

Reply/Quote
He would make the room better and I think he would enjoy this team. He wouldn't have to carry a load here with CJ on the team

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 09:39 PM)Okeana Wrote: He would make the room better and I think he would enjoy this team.  He wouldn't have to carry a load here with CJ on the team

Funny enough, it could be a win/win in CJ negotiations for Cincy.  If you could get Gronk to come in early in FA for say 6M, they have leverage and could get CJ at a reasonable rate maybe without much guaranteed in the years they'll have to pay Burrow and Higgins.  

The Red Zone offense was rough, mostly on the OL but give me that big target and blocking threat in 2TE sets.  You place Gronk with less regular season reps, Boyd gets most of his and gives the other WR's a break outside, and you could even play the 3 WR 2TE looks at times in light of Mixon's weak blocking.

It's nothing to get your hopes up or worry about the signing keeping you from fixing the OL or retaining the core of the defense.  17 games and another 3-4 playoff games is a long season.  Sign him up for reasonable if he truly wants to be here.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 12:13 PM)phil413 Wrote: Funny enough, it could be a win/win in CJ negotiations for Cincy.  If you could get Gronk to come in early in FA for say 6M, they have leverage and could get CJ at a reasonable rate maybe without much guaranteed in the years they'll have to pay Burrow and Higgins.  

The Red Zone offense was rough, mostly on the OL but give me that big target and blocking threat in 2TE sets.  You place Gronk with less regular season reps, Boyd gets most of his and gives the other WR's a break outside, and you could even play the 3 WR 2TE looks at times in light of Mixon's weak blocking.

It's nothing to get your hopes up or worry about the signing keeping you from fixing the OL or retaining the core of the defense.  17 games and another 3-4 playoff games is a long season.  Sign him up for reasonable if he truly wants to be here.

I like the leverage idea, Gronk still needs to make his mind up if he is going to play.
Reply/Quote
I'd take him for 3-4 Mill with some added bonuses.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Not only would he be a decent, low risk signing @ 1 yr 6 million, but he played his entire career with Brady. He would have a lot of knowledge and insight he could give Burrow when Burrow asks him about Tom Brady.

That would be an important reason why I would want Gronk here @ Cincy---I think it would benefit Burrow's development. You know Burrow would pick Gronk's brain about Brady, bc Burrow wants to learn and be a better player. It's a win on the field, and off the field.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 09:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I said this in the last Gronk thread coming to Cincinnati. NO! He tries to rip off military members, veterans and families.

but hes "special"
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 09:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I said this in the last Gronk thread coming to Cincinnati. NO! He tries to rip off military members, veterans and families.

BUT I'M SPECIAL!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I feel like Gronk signing here opens up an interesting situation....

If we sign him, should we try to include Boyd in a trade to try and nab some more OLine help?

I love Boyd, and I am not saying that this is necessarily the right move or even a possible one, but just thinking on ways we can improve the team overall.

I don't see his value going up too much anytime soon on this team, so probably going to get as much return as you can on him this year. Especially having two years left on his contract. (Production has dipped a bit, but had no QB for part of last year, and added Chase this year.)

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 08:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Is Rob Gronkowski serious about coming to Cincinnati?  If so this possibility deserves a serious pause for reflection.  Here’s what Gronk said on February 9:

"I kinda like this young buck quarterback. He's in the Super Bowl now: It's Joe Burrow, man.  I watched him in college. I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket, he's just so calm and he just slings it out on the field. I just love his swag, too."

This might work.

Later addition to the post:  As mentioned below this would have to be mutually beneficial for the Bengals and Gronk.  Gronk has a last chance at a ring at a team friendly price.  

Also, Gronk is a great blocker.

Sounds serious to me. All for it as you say if it is beneficial for both parties and yeah him being a great blocker helps our 
weakness while we add to the OL and Gronk brings tons to the passing game unlike Sample.
Reply/Quote