Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Heroin This Bad EVERYWHERE?
(02-25-2016, 04:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Immunity is granted to anyone acting in good faith that they think an OD is imminent (on them or on someone else). They don't have to OD they just have to tell 911 they think they may OD. I am sorry you don't like it, but these are accounts from LE officials in states on different sides of the country. Stories are too similar to think it is just made up. They literally have no reason to lie especially when they say they don't mind doing it just wish it wasn't as publicized. You also said you "guaranteed" that on the TSA checks no one ever got bombs through, which was false. You make a lot of assumptions based on nothing but your own opinion that are false. Remember you explaining that zone defense didn't exist?

This may have been mentioned (I didn't see it), but who's to say that these people are shooting up alone?

Couldn't they have someone with them and then they could call 911 if they OD?  (You say on them or someone else, so it seems like they could.)

Then they'd be immune from prosecution?

Doesn't that kind of shoot Fred's argument in the face?  He's arguing about the ability of someone ODing to call 911, but it doesn't have to be the one ODing that calls.
(02-25-2016, 04:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: It may not make sense to you, but you are making a lot of your own assumptions in your statements to convince yourself it doesn't make sense. In the cases I was told about the people know they require such a large dose to get high that there is a good chance they will OD, however they still want the high. While that doesn't sound rationale it shows how powerful addiction is. Many don't want to die, but they want the high even if only for 5 or 10 minutes.

Has nothing to do with not wanting to help them. In all the cases I was given a similar story, they simply didn't want it advertised they carried the drug. They would still help them, they just don't want it to be taken advantage of.

Heroin addicts shoot up 3 or more times a day.  No way they are calling 911 every time.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-25-2016, 06:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Couldn't they have someone with them and then they could call 911 if they OD?  (You say on them or someone else, so it seems like they could.)

Then they'd be immune from prosecution?

Yes, thay could do this.  But that is different from the claim tthat people are intentionally ODing and calling the police BEFORE it happens.

If I understand AU here is what he is claiming.  Drug users call the police BEFORE they shoot up.  Then, even though there is no way the police could tell, the person just volunteers to tell then that he called BEFORE he shot up.
(02-25-2016, 04:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm glad you at least stopped saying they would be arrested when the law specifically says they wouldn't. I really would think you'd know that, especially with it being a law in Tennessee.

I didn't say they would be arrested for reporting an OD.  Here is what I actually said.

(02-25-2016, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering heroin is illegal I find this very hard to believe.

And I still stand behind that 100%.  Regular drug users just don't call the police and admit they are regular drug users.  They know that even if they are not arrested during the OD incident they will be placing themselves on the police radar.

Police work hard to find out who the regular drug users are.  I just can not believe regular drug users would just call the police and volunteer this information.  It defies logic and everything I have learned from many years of dealing with drug addicts.