Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Herrara Replacing Gennett?
I keep hearing talk radio shows saying to trade Scooter and put Herrara at second base. Scooter is a local guy from Lebanon, Ohio and trading him would be like trading Toddfather a few years ago. Scooter could get some good prospects and he may not repeat the season he's having. However, I'm tired of the lack of loyalty to players by ownership. I like Scooter and I hope he is not traded. I went to a game a few years ago and saw these kids with Johnny Gomes jerseys at the game. Soon after he was traded and I wondered what those kids thought. Scooter is a local hero to these kids and I hope management sees that.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Well, as nice as a local boy is, the fans aren't coming out to see him. Attendance is down this year. So it's not like Aroldis Chapman, where people would come to the game specifically to see that player.

I don't think we should definitively trade Gennett, but if a great offer is made, the Reds should listen.

I'd also be happy to keep him if they are not offered a trade they cannot turn down.
Reply/Quote
Don't trade anybody. Scooter is playing a huge role in what is going on. Show a little faith in what it took lo these many years to put together. This team is blossoming in front of our eyes.

As to pitching, I think the young arms will continue to grow and we'll have a decent staff. With this lineup, decent is probably good enough. It's so much fun watching these guys and it's been a while since I could say that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 09:22 PM)McC Wrote: Don't trade anybody.  Scooter is playing a huge role in what is going on.  Show a little faith in what it took lo these many years to put together.  This team is blossoming in front of our eyes.

As to pitching, I think the young arms will continue to grow and we'll have a decent staff.  With this lineup, decent is probably good enough.  It's so much fun watching these guys and it's been a while since I could say that.

Have to agree with this 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 09:22 PM)McC Wrote: Don't trade anybody.  Scooter is playing a huge role in what is going on.  Show a little faith in what it took lo these many years to put together.  This team is blossoming in front of our eyes.

As to pitching, I think the young arms will continue to grow and we'll have a decent staff.  With this lineup, decent is probably good enough.  It's so much fun watching these guys and it's been a while since I could say that.

We still need good quality starting pitching, but Scooter isn't going to bring them in a trade. There would have to be a huge demand for solid hitting 2nd basemen with not so good defensive skills . Some fans are under the erroneous impression that any player hitting good can fetch anything they want any time they want it to happen . Just because you can trade someone doesn't necessarily mean you should . If Scooter was the best defensive 2nd baseman in the history of the game there would still have to be a huge demand for 2nd basemen and there simply isn't..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote