Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hill back? AJ Green talking shit. Hue Jackson's 1st and 5..
(11-01-2015, 07:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: very.  If i were gio I would go sign with a top tier team and get a shot at first string.  most games this year gio runs the ball all the way down the field.  hill runs for 1 yard and a touchdown.  then the media praises hill.  

Well, I'm glad you're not Gio.

Reply/Quote
Hue called a pretty terrible game today. Not gonna lie, thank god we pulled out a win.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:46 PM)thegimp Wrote: yeah with the blitzes they kept coming with on the outside i was disappointed with the lack of runs between the guards…but they won, so i'm not bitching, just questioning...

You can ***** if you want too. We played horrible today and were lucky. We should have killed pissburgh and heres why:

Pittsburgh has given up the 14 most points to QB's this year. Yet a strong passing game is not effective when they are expecting it every play. We passed way too much.

Our RB's were doing well and finding holes. Gio especially was very effective and not utilizing a RB with his skills is not only ridiculous, but very insulting.

As many have mentioned, 1st and goal on the 5 and you pass 3 times? Preschoolers can call better freaken plays than that by pulling shit out of a fishbowl.

Bottom line is they sucked today and if it wasn't for the defense we would have lost. Not that I'm saying the defense was steller because they were not. Too many freaken penalties and Jones needs to keep his temper in tact. We are lucky to pull this victory out today, but they need to see what the hell happened here today and not pass it off as a tough division game. Had you played a balanced off/def game and minimized your mistakes, this game wouldn't have been close.

Therefore, feel free to *****. Their play was pathetic and ridiculous today,

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: very.  If i were gio I would go sign with a top tier team and get a shot at first string.  most games this year gio runs the ball all the way down the field.  hill runs for 1 yard and a touchdown.  then the media praises hill.  

Who is "praising" Hill?  And for his short career he has 3 runs of over 60 yards.
Reply/Quote
Dalton had some ugly throws, but he wasn't the worst QB out there today.

Our offensive line played like trash.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You can ***** if you want too. We played horrible today and were lucky. We should have killed pissburgh and heres why:

Pittsburgh has given up the 14 most points to QB's this year. Yet a strong passing game is not effective when they are expecting it every play. We passed way too much.

Our RB's were doing well and finding holes. Gio especially was very effective and not utilizing a RB with his skills is not only ridiculous, but very insulting.

As many have mentioned, 1st and goal on the 5 and you pass 3 times? Preschoolers can call better freaken plays than that by pulling shit out of a fishbowl.

Bottom line is they sucked today and if it wasn't for the defense we would have lost. Not that I'm saying the defense was steller because they were not. Too many freaken penalties and Jones needs to keep his temper in tact. We are lucky to pull this victory out today, but they need to see what the hell happened here today and not pass it off as a tough division game. Had you played a balanced off/def game and minimized your mistakes, this game wouldn't have been close.

Exactly right.  Pittsburgh was 27th against the pass, but that doesn't mean eliminate balance to attack that weakness.  It's not like they aren't aware their secondary sucks and they need to create pressure to bail them out.  A balanced attack would have slowed the rush and blitzing, leaving the DBs forced to play on their own merits, not protected by the game plan.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's a different thing to run the ball when they know you're going to run it. I definitely have not liked Hill most of the year, but he did very well today overall - hit the holes when they were there, stopped worrying as much about fumbling the ball. Seeing Gio rush only once is questionable.

Gio was not able to hold the pass rush, so when he's in the game it has to be a run or dink/dunk pass to him - against the Steelers.
I can use that arguent on 1st and 5 also, hard to run , bottem line not all play calls work, not that easy, in end a good play aller wins out over a season time
Reply/Quote
Hill looked good today, ran with confidence.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Because everyone in the stadium knew what was coming.

Because it's Marvin Lewis too.  He's very, very conservative in those situations and I knew there was a 97% chance that it was going to be three runs.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:40 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Because it's Marvin Lewis too.  He's very, very conservative in those situations and I knew there was a 97% chance that it was going to be three runs.
Well an incompletion there stops the clock and saves them a time out, so...  three straight runs is the ONLY option.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lets not get it twisted... Giovanni Bernard is the best running back on this team and they're making a mistake not giving him more runs.  Hill must be sucking off Hue because its ridiculous this guy is still our first string.

Today I think Hill was in there more for his blocking than anything else. Gio got ran over good a couple times.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: AJ Green was talking shit when the Steelers were penalized for taunting him. We threw two quick passes to him right after to try and open up the deep ball (which Andy and AJ eventually connected on). But I thought for sure we'd go deep to AJ right after they're talking shit to him. I think we haven't seen what a mad AJ Green can do on the field.

I read that Mitchell - after the massive hit to Marvin Jones' midsection that left Jones laying on the turf - went up to AJ and said "You're next". That not only earned the penalty but clearly fired AJ up. Thanks, Mr Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You can ***** if you want too. We played horrible today and were lucky. We should have killed pissburgh and heres why:

The defense was stellar today, gave up 10 points
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:27 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: The defense was stellar today, gave up 10 points

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well an incompletion there stops the clock and saves them a time out, so...  three straight runs is the ONLY option.

We go full throttle and score a TD and the game is over.  Instead we have to sweat it out with :04 on the clock with Ben at the 18. 

If I'm the coach I do not take the pass off the table.  Instead you get a 1st down and hurt them a lot, or a TD and outright win it.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:10 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I read that Mitchell - after the massive hit to Marvin Jones' midsection that left Jones laying on the turf - went up to AJ and said "You're next". That not only earned the penalty but clearly fired AJ up. Thanks, Mr Mitchell.

Dude, that's punking it. Dalton went to AJ for 2 quick hits right after that because of the cushion, I thought for sure they'd go deep because AJ isn't going to let someone talk trash. AJ can be Michael Jordan if he lets that fire out of control every now and then. Jordan used to take everything as someone talking trash, if not he'd make it up to psyche himself up. AJ Green under fire is a scary thing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This was just a bad outing for the OL and particularly for Bodine. The constant pressure and free rushers meant a lot of throws were off center and there was no pocket to step into most of the game. The problem in part was we kept trying to be cute instead of either just lining up and playing power run or if passing then mass protect so plays can actually develop.
Reply/Quote