Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hue Stubborn?
After reading this article I have to question if Hue is stubborn not adjusting the game plan more with AJ in at QB? We haven't seen the game yet and this is purely speculation until Sunday, but I would think he would go run heavy in this weeks game against the 49ers. All AJ needs is a a couple of bad throws to put the Bengals in the hole and going into come back mode. Hill and Barnard need to step it up (along with the Offensive Line) in the coming weeks.

My biggest concern going into San Fran is getting behind early from mistakes and not having a seasoned QB to be able to make those comebacks. I hope Hue's gameplay reflects that and its not gunslinging city from play one on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602042/article/hue-jackson-mccarron-not-here-to-hand-it-off-70-times
Reply/Quote
No matter what offensive coordinators do they are wrong.

If they run all the time and keep the passing game simple they are "too conservative,"

If they try creative plays then they are "getting too cute".
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No matter what offensive coordinators do they are wrong.

If they run all the time and keep the passing game simple they are "too conservative,"

I agree Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No matter what offensive coordinators do they are wrong.

I don't think its a question of being "cute" or "conservative". I attribute it more to the fact of playing to the strengths of the players you have on the field. AJ is the weak link on this offense just because he hasn't done it yet. Creating a gameplan based off of this only makes sense. To say, were not letting off the throttle isn't going to work. Because the throttle got choked on Sunday after the pick 6. 

If we get into a similar position on Sunday being down because of turnovers, it will really be hard to overcome with a new QB, regardless if its against a mediocre team at best.
Reply/Quote
San Fran is the best place to get your QB's confidence level up. He needs to take shots so that they can see what they have in McCarron and how Hue can better form a plan going forward into Denver. This is the 49ers we're talking about. A team that lost to Manziel. A team with Gabbert as their QB. Let McCarron take some shots and don't be afraid. He needs some reps and game experience before we head to Denver and take on one of the toughest defenses in the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Man some of you find ways to complain about anything.
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson is too damn bald!
Reply/Quote
He is stubborn, how do we know? He sticks to "1 quarter at a time" essentially for Hill and Gio, when one is outperforming. Because we win, it's somehow good enough.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why should they adjust the game plan? AJ has been here for 2 years. He should know the offense.
Reply/Quote
He didn't say he wasn't adjusting his plans. He's just saying he's not gonna step lightly with his backup.

I for one think it's a good idea to keep the game plan more or less the same. Dalton and McCarron are similar enough physically to where the throws will remain the same. All the pre-snap shenanigans may be gone, and McCarron won't have as much control as Dalton with audibles and play changing, but he should do alright with a more varied offense than most backups.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Isn't the reason the Bengals drafted AJ McCarron because he's an Andy Dalton clone?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 46607.jpg][Image: MV5BMTgyNDk3OTI2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA4...17_AL_.jpg]

Not a Clone.
Reply/Quote
What did you expect him to say? Of course they are going to game plan to AJ's strengths but since there is so little Pro tape on him no need to provide the 49ers with that information ahead of time. Its not stubborness its gamesmanship

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Most coaches are stubborn, but I don't see a problem with what Hue is doing.

We've heard the coaches say that they feel like there won't be much of a drop off if AJ ever had to come in for Andy. The only gameplan adjustment I imagine us making is not using the read option in this game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He didn't say he wasn't adjusting his plans. He's just saying he's not gonna step lightly with his backup.

I for one think it's a good idea to keep the game plan more or less the same. Dalton and McCarron are similar enough physically to where the throws will remain the same. All the pre-snap shenanigans may be gone, and McCarron won't have as much control as Dalton with audibles and play changing, but he should do alright with a more varied offense than most backups.

Agreed. The drop off between the two physically isn't much. AJ has shown he can hit most of the throws, although, it is a small sample size. The difference is between the ears and chemistry w/the wideouts. I don't think we should be concerned about if can make all the throws but whether if he should or shouldn't. I do hope the game plan doesn't change much, he's got to learn sometime and SF is the place to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: After reading this article I have to question if Hue is stubborn not adjusting the game plan more with AJ in at QB? We haven't seen the game yet and this is purely speculation until Sunday, but I would think he would go run heavy in this weeks game against the 49ers. All AJ needs is a a couple of bad throws to put the Bengals in the hole and going into come back mode. Hill and Barnard need to step it up (along with the Offensive Line) in the coming weeks.

My biggest concern going into San Fran is getting behind early from mistakes and not having a seasoned QB to be able to make those comebacks. I hope Hue's gameplay reflects that and its not gunslinging city from play one on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602042/article/hue-jackson-mccarron-not-here-to-hand-it-off-70-times

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Giovani Bernard, 3rd in the NFL in YPC among RBs with at least 100 carries. Pretty sure he long since stepped it up, unless you're saying he needs to take it up to like 8ypc?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote