Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Really New Or Will The Past Rear Its Ugly Head?
from Mike Hilton abt Steelers game

"Guys are starting to trust and believe that around this locker room, and we got a big one coming up on Thursday that we've got to take care of. It will be another opportunity to prove that," Hilton said of the team's goals. "We walked in expecting to win. That's how you should feel every time you step onto the field. Guys in the locker room are believing that and trusting that. We're going to take this win, it's definitely a confidence booster, I'm not going to say that, but we can't hang on one with, we've still got a long season to go."

If they truly went in there expecting to win that is a huge growth for them because last year they may have said it but I never got the feeling they actually thought it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:45 PM)pally Wrote: from Mike Hilton abt Steelers game

"Guys are starting to trust and believe that around this locker room, and we got a big one coming up on Thursday that we've got to take care of. It will be another opportunity to prove that," Hilton said of the team's goals. "We walked in expecting to win. That's how you should feel every time you step onto the field. Guys in the locker room are believing that and trusting that. We're going to take this win, it's definitely a confidence booster, I'm not going to say that, but we can't hang on one with, we've still got a long season to go."

If they truly went in there expecting to win that is a huge growth for them because last year they may have said it but I never got the feeling they actually thought it

Don't remember the last time we had players with that confidence. 2015 maybe after we started undefeated?

Love the Mike Hilton addition. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't remember the last time we had players with that confidence. 2015 maybe after we started undefeated?

Love the Mike Hilton addition. Cool

I definitely agree with you on both counts. Hilton has been a great addition for us and hope they grow as a unit as the season continues.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say this team is going to have many ups and downs this season.

I know, thats why you gotta enjoy the moment on the upswing. while it lasts!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We should be 3-0 if Logan Wilson was able to scoop and score too.

Coulda woulda shoulda....

I keep hearing that about Logan, but it looked like his momentum had already carried him past the point of just being able to fall on the ball... Maybe not though. I'm sure that wide open end zone looked pretty appealing to him at that moment too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: I know, thats why you gotta enjoy the moment on the upswing. while it lasts!

Yep. I'm sure I'm as guilty of pissing and moaning as anybody, but it's really nice to feel like we have a chance to win games again. I bitched about the 4th down on the 30, and lack of answers last week, but I've decided I'm not gonna nit-pick, and enjoy these wins while they last. It could all come crashing down again down the stretch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: I keep hearing that about Logan, but it looked like his momentum had already carried him past the point of just being able to fall on the ball... Maybe not though. I'm sure that wide open end zone looked pretty appealing to him at that moment too.

Yeah, hard to say we had our chances because of the D though. They have been playing great so far this year.

Hope it gets even better as guys come back from injury.

Been missing having a good Defense, been 5 plus years of watching crap and I absolutely HATE a D that cannot stop the run.

Reader, Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Tupou, Hubbard, Hendrickson, Sample have been just a great change this year so far.

Nothing like last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 04:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Under Marvin we took care of business when we were favored as a whole..

I don't think you're grasping what he's saying. They would have a good, big win against a good team, then turn around with a dud on a game they should have won. I've lost count of how many posts i've made about missed opportunities over the last decade or so. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 06:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The reason we are 2-1 is because of the DEFENSE hands down. Not because of Burrow or Zac, but Lou and the D.

If we still had the D of the last 5 yrs, we would be 1-2 or 0-3.

The D is tackling like a wolfpack, something I was used to seeing the squeelers do to us. The last 3 plays from the squeelers (dropped passes) was intentional, Harris and the WRs didnt want to get unnecessarily tackled & injured in an already lost game.

[Image: 8eae71216d966f14d00bab5ccdbc411a.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agreed. But we will have to beat one legit good team (GB, at Bal, Cle) to do it without losing to a poor team (Jax, at Det, at NYJ).  

We already lost one game we should have won (Chicago with Dalton hurt), nearly Bungled away the opener, and didn't score in the last 20 minutes vs Pittsburgh (did we even get a first down in the 4th?). 

EDIT: we did not get another first down after going up 24-7.

Without a couple friendly calls (Minny fumble recovery & Pitt roughing on Burrow) we could be 0-3. 

I'm not sure why everyone is praising Baltimore so much? Detroit had them if not for officials not calling a delay of game penalty on the kick yesterday.....They are not invincible people...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: From Pro Football Network.

"To say the Cincinnati Bengals have a history of collapsing under the lights is an understatement. Since 2003, the Marvin Lewis-led Bengals were 9-31 in primetime games. The Bengals’ misfortune is perhaps best summed up in the 2016 home playoff loss to Pittsburgh. Despite having the lead and the ball in Pittsburgh territory with 1:36 to go, a fumble and two bizarre personal fouls left the Bengals on the losing end, still seeking their first playoff win since 1991. The Bengals don’t just lose big games; they find creative ways to do it, each one seemingly more heartbreaking than the last."

Bengals have always been good on Thurs night. That's not a problem. It's Monday night (to a lesser extent) and especially Sunday night that's the problem. The Bengals were 1-9 on Sunday night under Marvin. The one win, against Miami in '04. So, they've lost 9 in a row on Sunday night.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Coulda woulda shoulda....

Bengals mantra since '91, man. 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: From Pro Football Network.

"To say the Cincinnati Bengals have a history of collapsing under the lights is an understatement. Since 2003, the Marvin Lewis-led Bengals were 9-31 in primetime games. The Bengals’ misfortune is perhaps best summed up in the 2016 home playoff loss to Pittsburgh. Despite having the lead and the ball in Pittsburgh territory with 1:36 to go, a fumble and two bizarre personal fouls left the Bengals on the losing end, still seeking their first playoff win since 1991. The Bengals don’t just lose big games; they find creative ways to do it, each one seemingly more heartbreaking than the last."

Yeah, well we haven't seen anything better out of Zac for the last 2 plus years either, so I fail to see the point. The record is 8-26-1 and when I look at this year's remaining schedule I only see 4 games where I expect the Bengals to be favored (JAX, DET, NYJ, PIT). They'll need to take those games, plus three more to end with a winning record.

Got to realize that Pittsburgh is a team that is falling apart and beating them today doesn't take the effort or skill it would have taken 3 or 4 or 5 years ago.

This year has to play out to the end.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:56 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, well we haven't seen anything better out of Zac for the last 2 plus years either, so I fail to see the point. 

My point is will this team be able to get a win and handle the success of winning after an emotional victory over their biggest rival? Thats my point, under Marvin it was generally a big fat no, will this group of player AND coaches be different?
Reply/Quote