Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
Tiger

Now I'm going to be fair to the guy because its still in the development stages of what he could become. The body of work is inconclusive because when we thought that he was turning the corner he was back benched . Now mind you I'd prefer a veteran as a starter initially but he's " A Guy You Specifically Selected!" Lets just exclude Paul Alexander to this point whom said that he is the starting RT.( Probably deleted from his feed for credibility purposes.)

Bengals Talk: Jackson Carman
https://youtu.be/VkaPMLmqojA

PS :
https://youtu.be/gV4EkAfNdXc
To those still wanting Quinton Spain..... Why isn't he signed yet if hes that good! Stop it. I told you when FA started that he'd be guilty by association and available in July.
Reply/Quote
Well, technically carman is now a veteran. I think he deserves every opportunity, he came into the NFL off a bad injury, out of shape and probably not as strong because of. He is now trying to develop his technique and get his strength and stamina back. I see no problem giving him the shot if part time role.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:34 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Well, technically carman is now a veteran.  I think he deserves every opportunity, he came into the NFL off a bad injury, out of shape and probably not as strong because of.  He is now trying to develop his technique and get his strength and stamina back.  I see no problem giving him the shot if part time role.

Tiger

I at the very least think strongly about the Big 3 if available at 31. I know hes putting in work but....
Reply/Quote
If he shows up healthy and in shape I think he will earn it. Being back on the left side might help. If he can get his back right I think he is a stud.
Reply/Quote
health is a big question
Reply/Quote
He's a starting guard if he improves on last year and earns it. There is a lot to be determined between now and the first regular season game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Cry

Who wants to go out on a limb and call Quinton Spain your starting LG going into the 2022 season. Who & Why? Anybody
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: health is a big question
Tiger

So if any guy of my big 3 is available at 31.
Do you pass for Jackson Carman upside?
Thats the essence of this thread. Would you pass?
To me that tells me quite a bit if one of my three is available and they pass. So what they went to a SB is that enough for you.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:03 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I would draft Linderbaum if he is there

let Carman compete with Karras for LG
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:53 PM)Emeritus Wrote: :cry:

Who wants to go out on a limb and call Quinton Spain your starting LG going into the 2022 season. Who & Why? Anybody

That's a pretty long limb considering Spain isn't even on the team... As of now anyway. But yeah; I'm of that weird idea that you use a 2nd round pick on a guy that you see as a starter movin' forward. I think LG is there for Carman to take. I think they want him to be that guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Honestly, I'll be hammered hard on this, I would. We still have needs at CB, 3T and S. JC was a high pick so its inconceivable they throw in the towel so fast. Between those 3 though, I alternate between DT and CB with edge to CB slightly. Despite me loving CTB, if Elam is there at 31, I think I take him and don't look back. 3T, Winfrey fits their Senior Bowl standout player preference and was disruptive in the backfield all week.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:13 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Honestly, I'll be hammered hard on this, I would. We still have needs at CB, 3T and S. JC was a high pick so its inconceivable they throw in the towel so fast. Between those 3 though, I alternate between DT and CB with edge to CB slightly. Despite me loving CTB, if Elam is there at 31, I think I take him and don't look back. 3T, Winfrey fits their Senior Bowl standout player preference and was disruptive in the backfield all week.

Tiger

I'll likely get laughed off of the board but I'll tell you that the offensive line is still in the shop. The mechanic is telling you that a battery fixes it now but you didn't know that your starter would go out four months later.
Keep building your engine first because its almost done!
Reply/Quote
I'd go with Carman out of any other backup OL on the roster right now, but I'd prefer to have either a veteran (even Spain) or an early-round draft pick to compete with him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tiger

They are looking for guys who have played multiple positions on both sides of the line. Outside of the big three I mentioned earlier Jamaree Salyer/ Zach Tom/ Parham/ Mays are guys who can play multiple spots imo. Those guys free up the draft board especially now with what the teams has done in FA.
Reply/Quote

To me that tells me quite a bit if one of my three is available and they pass. So what they went to a SB is that enough for you.

It’s honestly so hard to see the Bengals doing that. That’s admitting they made a wrong move three times. Trading back, Drafting Carman, and singing a C in FA only to draft one at 31.

I don’t think any of the O linemen will be there anyways. And I think it’s corner all day long. I’d rather have an edge if one was BPA. We seriously need more rushers. If Trey Hendrickson goes down, we have absolutely no one who get get pressure consistently.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:16 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: It’s honestly so hard to see the Bengals doing that. That’s admitting they made a wrong move three times. Trading back, Drafting Carman, and singing a C in FA only to draft one at 31.

I don’t think any of the O linemen will be there anyways. And I think it’s corner all day long. I’d rather have an edge if one was BPA. We seriously  need more rushers. If Trey Hendrickson goes down, we have absolutely no one who get get pressure consistently.

Tiger

The teams with bridge QB's are now getting feisty.
I have four possibly five going in round one at this point. The league is so much about quarterbacks and I'm so happy that MB stood his ground and understood it. Now did Katie know about the Watson debacle no she didn't but in Katie I trust! I don't think its a Deshaun deal but we have to get ready for a 200 million dollar deal for Burr as soon as Jan23. This draft is so important! JT Woods S Baylor 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I would draft Linderbaum if he is there

let Carman compete with Karras for LG

Linderbaum is gonna fall to 31..  Lots of talk of him having the shortest arms ever for a center.. I guess that's a bad thing for a center...
Reply/Quote
Think Carman stakes a claim to the LG spot but who knows for sure, we shall see.

Believe the Bengals will give him every chance to be that guy as well.

On Spain I was very vocal all year about not thinking he was a good as many claimed he was on here. If he engages you he is ok, but anybody who is off the snap quick gets right by him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Carman stakes a claim to the LG spot but who knows for sure, we shall see.

Believe the Bengals will give him every chance to be that guy as well.

On Spain I was very vocal all year about not thinking he was a good as many claimed he was on here. If he engages you he is ok, but anybody who is off the snap quick gets right by him.

he's ok. Average. He was the 2nd best lineman on the team in 2021 at the end of the day
Reply/Quote
Carman sure hasn’t impressed thus far.He couldn’t even beat out Adeniji.I didn’t like the Jackson Carman pick to begin with,mainly because of his history of back surgery.Hope he does turn out to be a good left Guard.That would be great.We’ll see soon enough,because he’s going to get his chance.
Reply/Quote