Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is Jamar due for a HUGE game at some point ?
(01-11-2023, 04:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: But Jackson Carmen doesn't mind.   Tongue

(01-11-2023, 04:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or Ted Kappa.... Cool

But Zach might have something to say about it  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:30 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But Zach might have something to say about it  Ninja

As long as Frank Pollock is working with the oline it should be all good.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:09 PM)motoarch Wrote: I blame Irwin.

You mean Irvin? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The whole offense took a step back in the explosive category. The offense matured into an efficient clock eating machine

Of course, they’re still very capable of the big play, but teams are gameplanning to prevent that. As long as they move the ball downfield, the explosive plays don’t have to be relied on

Well said Frank, that is what is so nice about this Offense, they can beat you now without the big explosive plays. But I do expect 
Ja'Marr to break loose Sunday night, we will see. He is due for a big game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You mean Irvin? 

Maybe

I don't know

I just wanted to troll.  I don't even know what I meant by that 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You mean Irvin? 

Trenton Irvin and Trent Trailer
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Trenton Irvin and Trent Trailer

Where's Higbee when you need him?
Reply/Quote
Insert nostalgic "AC Green" joke here.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Wondering if that hip injury has anything to do with it?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, the big plays are really fun to watch, but I'm glad we aren't just relying on the 50-50 balls way down the field "F it, Jamar's done there somewhere" gameplan anymore.

? The 2021 offense relied on the big ball, yes, but it certainly wasn't many 50-50 balls to Chase. It was just Chase straight up Mossing guys. Go back and look at the highlights, A lot of separation. Or him taking an easy short pass for a big play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:12 PM)Housh Wrote: I feel like he’s been doing just fine. The NFL as a whole decided he’s not gonna beat them so he’s turned into more a a possession guy and he’s excelled. To me he’s just as dangerous as ever even tho his projected stats were probably much higher.

Can’t get 15 TDS if ppl are just triple teaming you.

His 17 game starts this year would've been 123 catches, 1400 yards, and 13 TDs... Anyway you slice it that's explosive. Ja'Marr was sorta boom or bust as a rookie. He became much more consistent this year, and that's with the total inability to get him the ball early on this year. He got the ball, but you know what I mean.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

He's gonna cook dem boyz on Sunday night...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:35 PM)jason Wrote: His 17 game starts this year would've been 123 catches, 1400 yards, and 13 TDs... Anyway you slice it that's explosive. Ja'Marr was sorta boom or bust as a rookie. He became much more consistent this year, and that's with the total inability to get him the ball early on this year. He got the ball, but you know what I mean.

Anyway you slice it that's productive. I don't think you could say explosive, though. 

He went from 2nd in AVG to being in a 3-way tie for 58th.
He went from 8.0 yards after the catch per reception to 5.0 YAC/R.
He went from 8 plays of 40+ yards to 3 plays of 40+ yards.

All his explosive numbers are way down.

The snap count difference between 2021 and 2022 isn't as big as you might think, either. Just 146 snaps since in 2021 they had multiple blowout wins where they were able to sit guys, and he only played 5 snaps in Week 18. 146 snaps is just a hair over 2 full games worth.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I haven't seen talked about is about Jamar Chase
Lack of explosive plays and mega production games
As compared to his rookie year.

I understand he was defensed differently this season
Which plays Into his drops in big plays etc.

I think we got so used to his games vs the Chiefs Ravens
Last year that maybe that would be the norm.

Chase only had 4 games with 100 yds plus recieving
I get it he missed 4 games too.

But I think with Tee nursing that hip Injury
This offense will another game where Jamar simply
Takes over like he did in that Chiefs game last year.
This offense will need it going foward. I don't think
A stat line of 6 89 1 TD will be enough
Chase needs to take over like all the great WRs
In the past have done come playoff time.
Owen's, Rice, Moss, etc

I have been wondering this as well, but it seems teams are dead set against getting beat by him so it may take some creative motions/positioning (please, no more screens...but USE IT AS A DECOY.  My GOD does the other team sell out on them!) to get the ball in his hands.  

Joe won't force it to him and risk INTs.  He will operate underneath and in the middle with higher % plays, but I am sure he will look for his chances to take some shots.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, the big plays are really fun to watch, but I'm glad we aren't just relying on the 50-50 balls way down the field "F it, Jamar's done there somewhere" gameplan anymore.

Yeah, but he only did that usually when Ja'Marr had single coverage.  That almost never happens now.  If the offense can have that blend of efficient with the threat of being explosive, they will be very hard to stop.

I think the defense is playing better than they did a year ago at this time and so is the offense.  Despite last week's "off" effort on offense, and some erratic starts/finishes, overall the offense has shown a lot more promise than the unit trying to operate behind a poor line last year.  Has their competition improved from a year ago?  We shall see.  
Reply/Quote
Ja'marr is a great QB, he lacks the offensive players like we've always lacked a Defense until last season.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, but he only did that usually when Ja'Marr had single coverage.  That almost never happens now.  If the offense can have that blend of efficient with the threat of being explosive, they will be very hard to stop.

I think the defense is playing better than they did a year ago at this time and so is the offense.  Despite last week's "off" effort on offense, and some erratic starts/finishes, overall the offense has shown a lot more promise than the unit trying to operate behind a poor line last year.  Has their competition improved from a year ago?  We shall see.  

Excellent points. Bengals competition this season is better than last season.

Burrow isn’t looking for the “I know Jamar is out there somewhere” type throws anymore (and rightfully so).

This is more of an evolution of what they built on last season.

All of those variables affect the stats.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:20 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ja'marr is a great QB, he lacks the offensive players like we've always lacked a Defense until last season.

[Image: chris-rock-dafuq.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, but he only did that usually when Ja'Marr had single coverage.  That almost never happens now.  If the offense can have that blend of efficient with the threat of being explosive, they will be very hard to stop.

Yes, he is almost always being doubled, has a Corner and a Safety on him. Also completely agree about our Defense and Offense 
overall just being better than last year. Sure our Defense hasn't been getting nearly as many Sacks but that doesn't mean they don't
get pressure and I think they are even better at stopping the run as long as DJ is in there. Our depth is better on Defense besides 
Corner where we are a bit thin.

The OL is much better even without Cappa and Collins. I still like Scharping and Adeniji has been playing well at RT. The rest of the
OL has been pretty solid as of late and Karras has been one of the best Centers in football this season.

(01-12-2023, 11:30 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Excellent points.  Bengals competition this season is better than last season.  

Burrow isn’t looking for the “I know Jamar is out there somewhere” type throws anymore (and rightfully so).

This is more of an evolution of what they built on last season.

All of those variables affect the stats.

Also excellent points. Forcing the ball to Ja'Marr was the problem with the Offense early in the year and Burrow learned...

Well, that and the new OL trying to gel along with Mixon being poor at picking up the blitz. All this is much better now.

(01-12-2023, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: chris-rock-dafuq.gif]

Same type of face reading that lol WTF?
Reply/Quote