Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jamarr is attracting a safety more than half the time hes on the field
Listening to the Locked on Bengals Youtube show and they were discussing how often Jamarr is attracting a safety and how we need to throw to Higgins and Boyd and Hurst deep waaaaay more when defenses show single high looks.

Id add that we need to motion Jamarr Chase WAY more than we do as well. If teams are going to defend him like that we need to do something other than give up and ignore him if teams put a safety overtop. Burrow did this against Dallas ALOT.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Love Burrow and Chase, but Burrow has been trying to force the ball to him too often when its not there.

With this group of WR's Joe just needs to spread it around and trust me Chase will still get his.

IMO that's why the runs don't work well with Chase, because the defenses are keying so much on Jamarr already.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 12:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Love Burrow and Chase, but Burrow has been trying to force the ball to him too often when its not there.

With this group of WR's Joe just needs to spread it around and trust me Chase will still get his.

IMO that's why the runs don't work well with Chase, because the defenses are keying so much on Jamarr already.

I think part of that is he just trusts Chase more and knows where he’s going to be so throws to him more often because he knows he won’t have time to see exactly where other receivers will be.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think part of that is he just trusts Chase more and knows where he’s going to be so throws to him more often because he knows he won’t have time to see exactly where other receivers will be.

Maybe so 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: GopYDyh.png]

This is EXACTLY why I wanted Pryor to make the roster. Having another burner to put pressure on defenses would have been big for us.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I'd move Chase around so much the opposing D would need a spotter to know where he is. Tons of motion, put him in the slot, lined up in TE position, backfield, all over the place.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think part of that is he just trusts Chase more and knows where he’s going to be so throws to him more often because he knows he won’t have time to see exactly where other receivers will be.

Yep. Chase has always been his bread and butter. In fairness,Chase has dropped a couple and fumbled and he has also been open a couple times where DB's made great plays. As normal in the NFL, it's a chess match and defenses scheming to take Chase out or limit him. It's up to the offensive staff to counter.

They simply have to get better running the ball on both 1st/2nd down. That controls everything and when going well it requires the D to load the box more.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:35 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep. Chase has always been his bread and butter. In fairness,Chase has dropped a couple and fumbled and he has also been open a couple times where DB's made great plays. As normal in the NFL, it's a chess match and defenses scheming to take Chase out or limit him. It's up to the offensive staff to counter.

They simply have to get better running the ball on both 1st/2nd down. That controls everything and when going well it requires the D to load the box more.

I agree and I think running the ball efficiently starts with putting Burrow under the center and giving the ball to Mixon running downhill. Make the backers and safeties commit early or risk giving up 5 yards a pop, which will also open up play action.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 12:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Love Burrow and Chase, but Burrow has been trying to force the ball to him too often when its not there.

Agree, and look what happened in NY when he did exactly what you're saying. I think we had like six different players get touches in the first quarter? He finds Boyd and what happens....tuddy. He rolls out and escapes pressure, Perine gets open and....tuddy. I think/hope Joe studied a lot of mistakes over the first two weeks and realized he has a lot of options that may not yield homeruns, but will put him in very good situations for sustainable success. Defenses will adjust, then you have Ja'Marr getting more favorable matchups again. There are WAY too many viable targets out there to fixate on the splash play to Chase. Uno is still doing his job by attracting more coverage his way and opening it up for others. Hoping this is the trend moving forward.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
JB should be targeting Tee and Tyler with the extra
Attention Chase is getting
I don't think there is CB in the NFL that can shut
Tee Higgins down for a whole game
Tee should be averaging 90 yds a game
He is that good
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:06 PM)impactplaya Wrote: JB should be targeting Tee and Tyler with the extra
Attention Chase is getting
I don't think there is CB in the NFL that can shut
Tee Higgins down for a whole game
Tee should be averaging 90 yds a game
He is that good

Agreed. We got a steal with Tee in the second.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, and look what happened in NY when he did exactly what you're saying. I think we had like six different players get touches in the first quarter? He finds Boyd and what happens....tuddy. He rolls out and escapes pressure, Perine gets open and....tuddy. I think/hope Joe studied a lot of mistakes over the first two weeks and realized he has a lot of options that may not yield homeruns, but will put him in very good situations for sustainable success. Defenses will adjust, then you have Ja'Marr getting more favorable matchups again. There are WAY too many viable targets out there to fixate on the splash play to Chase. Uno is still doing his job by attracting more coverage his way and opening it up for others. Hoping this is the trend moving forward.

Absolutely

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Remember what the squeelerss would do when we would double team hines ward and/or antonio brown??? that's right, they'd use their TE and beat us.
Hurst is the closest we've had to having a huge, strong, tall catching TE. If they double up on Chase, time to exploit Hurst to the max. Red zone and those 1st downs to move the chains.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:00 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: [Image: GopYDyh.png]

This is EXACTLY why I wanted Pryor to make the roster.  Having another burner to put pressure on defenses would have been big for us.

me too, although we've had flops with top speeders.. what's him name.. that guy not so long ago.. #1 pick.. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, and look what happened in NY when he did exactly what you're saying. I think we had like six different players get touches in the first quarter? He finds Boyd and what happens....tuddy. He rolls out and escapes pressure, Perine gets open and....tuddy. I think/hope Joe studied a lot of mistakes over the first two weeks and realized he has a lot of options that may not yield homeruns, but will put him in very good situations for sustainable success. Defenses will adjust, then you have Ja'Marr getting more favorable matchups again. There are WAY too many viable targets out there to fixate on the splash play to Chase. Uno is still doing his job by attracting more coverage his way and opening it up for others. Hoping this is the trend moving forward.

The Jets also didn't play Cover 2 like the Steelers and Cowboys. The bad coaches and teams don't adjust.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Remember what the squeelerss would do when we would double team hines ward and/or antonio brown??? that's right, they'd use their TE and beat us.
Hurst is the closest we've had to having a huge, strong, tall catching TE. If they double up on Chase, time to exploit Hurst to the max. Red zone and those 1st downs to move the chains.

Yep. That. Quick slants to other wrs. And running the ball...which we can't do.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: me too, although we've had flops with top speeders.. what's him name.. that guy not so long ago.. #1 pick.. 

John Ross  Sick

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I would say he's definitely drawing safeties his way. So glad I have Tee and Chase in fantasy.
Reply/Quote