Poll: Is Jeremy Hill here next year?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jeremy Hill here next year?
I think the answer is yes, but I wish it was no.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Depends on the draft if we somehow draft Fournette then I think Hill is gone
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:05 AM)Trademark Wrote: Depends on the draft if we somehow draft Fournette then I think Hill is gone

Agreed. I know the offensive line has problems, too...argh.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's here...with Bernard coming off of a major injury he likely won't be ready to start the year. Even if we draft Fournette...we'll need depth.

Fournette seems injury prone himself. He's the perfect Bengal 1st round pick!
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately I voted yes. He's proven what we saw his rookie year was a fluke.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Agreed. I know the offensive line has problems, too...argh.
We found out that Ogbuehi sucks at LT too. So much for the out of position argument.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:16 AM)jason Wrote: We found out that Ogbuehi sucks at LT too. So much for the out of position argument.

Not sure if it's fair to judge him after one start going up against the top defense in the league.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:19 AM)McC Wrote: Not sure if it's fair to judge him after one start going up against the top defense in the league.  
Well in the interest of fairness... He has nowhere to go but up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yes he will!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:19 AM)McC Wrote: Not sure if it's fair to judge him after one start going up against the top defense in the league.  

It's fair to judge this year and it's been horrible. why would you put him there? AD Better double down on his life insurance policy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burkhead is playing well in the limited time he's getting. In fact, and this will sour some, he's out played Gio Bernard in 2016.

Bernard
RUSHING: 91 carries for 337 yards and a 3.7 yards per carry average
RECEIVING: 39 catches for 336 yards and a 8.6 yards per catch average

Burkhead
RUSHING: 47 carries for 225 yards and a 4.8 yards per carry average
RECEIVING: 15 catches for 120 yards and a 8.0 yards per catch average

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 08:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think the answer is yes, but I wish it was no.

THIS!!!
Reply/Quote
I hope not! Please draft Foreman if he's still there with a comp pick.
Reply/Quote
Sadly i think the Bernard injury pretty much seals the deal for Hill to be here next year.
Reply/Quote
Please no Fournette from LSU.

I'm best friends with a guy who lives in Louisiana and I agree with his take on Fournette..

Fournette can run over any teams bc LSU plays weak opponents. He disappeared in huge games or got hurt and had to sit out. One hit in the NFL will destroy his mentality. He not zeke Elliot who ran for Ohio state. Fournette will be a bust like Jamarcus and could be like clowney. Sitting out with random injuries.

Also I've watched Fournette and he was terrible. He's great against sisters of the poor
Reply/Quote
He has to be with us next season. Bernard is coming off a serious injury. Plus Burkhead and Peerman are both free agents. We're looking very thin at running back this off season.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

You mean 1.1 ypc is acceptable when Rex gets over 3?  He has no vision, no burst, and is not good in blitz pickup.  He has to be gone.  If his contract is up, he is gone.  
Reply/Quote
Hill will still be under contract next year.  I pretty much guarantee he will be here.  But I would not be surprised to see us draft a RB to develop for '18.
Reply/Quote
I have a hard time defending Hill anymore.

I mean on the one hand he's been behind a truly awful line and blocking scheme. But on the other Burkhead is getting better average from same line. And I'm sure Hill's problems aren't limited to bad blocking.

Then there's the playcalling, Hill is a downhill runner period ! The runs out of the shotgun and pitch plays to the outside are not plays to his strength.

Having said all of that, some of Hills problems are self inflicted. He's got this notion that he's a scat back and can dance and wait on blocks. He lacks the agility and quickness to run with this style. There again the lack of coaching comes in.

In the end I'm now of the opinion that we can upgrade from Hill fairly easily. But with all this teams problems I doubt they're going to release Hill.

Pray we get new coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 05:11 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Please no Fournette from LSU.

I'm best friends with a guy who lives in Louisiana and I agree with his take on Fournette..

Fournette can run over any teams bc LSU plays weak opponents. He disappeared in huge games or got hurt and had to sit out. One hit in the NFL will destroy his mentality. He not zeke Elliot who ran for Ohio state. Fournette will be a bust like Jamarcus and could be like clowney. Sitting out with random injuries.

Also I've watched Fournette and he was terrible. He's great against sisters of the poor

Well, that seals the deal. The Bengals will draft Fournette. Cry
Reply/Quote