Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Joey B seeing ghosts?
I know the OL is bad, but man...something just looks off. Even when he has a clean pocket he is bailing early, not setting his feet, dropping his eyes, missing open guys, etc.

I love Joe to death, but I really hope the OL issues aren't catching up with him mentally.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
His pocket presence doesn't look good. Looks like he isn't going through progressions.

This is how to ruin a qb 101. Zac giving a masterclass.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know the OL is bad, but man...something just looks off. Even when he has a clean pocket he is bailing early, not setting his feet, etc.

I love Joe to death, but I really hope the OL issues aren't catching up with him mentally.

The weirdest part is sometimes he is clean then inexplicably runs right up into the pressure instead of looking downfield and throwing. There more Burrow caused sacks today so six at least on the season so far. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I 100% thought of that quote when I was watching Joe today, please don't come out into the press conference and say you're seeing ghosts lol
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: The weirdest part is sometimes he is clean then inexplicably runs right up into the pressure instead of looking downfield and throwing. There more Burrow caused sacks today so six at least on the season so far. 

And he bails out of clean pockets. I am concerned to say the least. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know the OL is bad, but man...something just looks off. Even when he has a clean pocket he is bailing early, not setting his feet, dropping his eyes, missing open guys, etc.

Watch his College tape, LSU was so good, he rarely had pressure and his players were very open, and rarely needed to move outside of pocket.. now couple that with a bad oline that spells trouble especially when players are coming quicker at you in NFL vs. College.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know the OL is bad, but man...something just looks off. Even when he has a clean pocket he is bailing early, not setting his feet, dropping his eyes, missing open guys, etc.

All the hits are taking affect..
Reply/Quote
Going on 3 years of this and he is shell-shocked.

It was bound to happen, it's been long feared he was going to be Carr with seeing ghost ending his career, or Luck with the injuries.

Once QB's become shell-shocked, they tend to never recover... Burrow is showing symptoms and it should be alarming (Bailing out of clean pockets, running himself into sacks...)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think it's a real lack of confidence in the O-line than just jitters. I can't blame him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He needs to watch Aaron and Brady. Both move well in the pocket, and Aaron is especially good at throwing the ball away, throwing receivers open, throwing in a manner to cause defensive flags. Aaron can create a lot of gap in the pocket, Brady is able to find space and not move while looking down the field. I hope they figure this out quick because he had a lot of Andy Dalton out there today.
Reply/Quote
He’s shit scared, rusty and maybe beloved his own hype.

He’s made some terrible throws some terrible decisions and can’t improve on his mistakes because he’s worried he’s about to be killed.

We are bang in trouble.
Reply/Quote
I don't like the look on the sidelines. The WRs are sitting together looking like WTF. JB is sitting by himself looking like WTF. Something needs to click. We need an Offensive coach on the sidelines getting them together. Callahan ain't calling the game, he should be down there motivating.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Watching 45 yo Tom Brady and Jones from NE today, those two were standing in the pocket bouncing on the balls of their feet looking downfield for a receiver and most times found one. Brady pulled another game out late in the 4th Q with a TD deep. At one point a close up of Brady in their huddle before the TD he was chewing some azz in the huddle, he was hot at someone and next drive threw the TD for the win. Cool as could be.
Reply/Quote
I mean he did see Micah Parsons run untouched. Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Watch his College tape, LSU was so good, he rarely had pressure and his players were very open, and rarely needed to move outside of pocket.. now couple that with a bad oline that spells trouble especially when players are coming quicker at you in NFL vs. College.

If you think Joe “rarely left the pocket” at LSU you clearly never watched them much. Extending plays, and going off script were a MAJOR component of his game in 2019.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:34 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Watching 45 yo Tom Brady and Jones from NE today, those two were standing in the pocket bouncing on the balls of their feet looking downfield for a receiver and most times found one. Brady pulled another game out late in the 4th Q with a TD deep. At one point a close up of Brady in their huddle before the TD he was chewing some azz in the huddle, he was hot at someone and next drive threw the TD for the win. Cool as could be.

I don't think Burrow is the type to yell, yet. Yeah, I hate seeing Brady bouncing on his feet, Burrow rarely gets that kind of time. If we put Brady behind this line today he loses, too, probably - but he's probably also spitting some energy out there. Joe looks deflated the Bengals run off his confidence, but he's not confident now behind this line. I don't know if yelling will help, but it works for Brady.

The Super Bowl loss is a crusher, it had to be. Like enough to change him.

That might be one major difference, we don't see Burrow get mad at his line like Brady has been caught doing many times. Burrow doesn't get into people's faces, he's a more positive motivator.
Reply/Quote
Does an NFL Quarterback need more than 1.5 Seconds to throw? Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't like the look on the sidelines. The WRs are sitting together looking like WTF. JB is sitting by himself looking like WTF. Something needs to click. We need an Offensive coach on the sidelines getting them together. Callahan ain't calling the game, he should be down there motivating.

I can agree with this.  Also Burrow should have enough pull to be able to rally the O-line.

He doesn't need to scream or anything but at least motivate them.
Reply/Quote
Something is definitely amiss.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't like the look on the sidelines. The WRs are sitting together looking like WTF. JB is sitting by himself looking like WTF. Something needs to click. We need an Offensive coach on the sidelines getting them together. Callahan ain't calling the game, he should be down there motivating.

I agree with this. That shot of Chase, Tee, Boyd at the end of the game was so dejecting.

Reply/Quote