Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Joey B seeing ghosts?
(09-18-2022, 09:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I can agree with this.  Also Burrow should have enough pull to be able to rally the O-line.

He doesn't need to scream or anything but at least motivate them.

No motivation will overcome bad technique and a bad scheme.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think it's a real lack of confidence in the O-line than just jitters.  I can't blame him.

Joe is a a solid QB but great QBs over come the jitters and he has a setup of position players few teams can match...also maybe his reading the defense is not where we thought it was.. his audibles and adjustments pre step dont seem to be improving.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I mean he did see Micah Parsons run untouched.  Just sayin'.

It wasn't just the sacks, but Parson laid a lick on him where Burrow had barely gotten the throw off. He was sacked 6 times today, but how many times was he hit? It seemed like a lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I can agree with this.  Also Burrow should have enough pull to be able to rally the O-line.

He doesn't need to scream or anything but at least motivate them.

Maybe he hasn't gelled with the new lineman. Any way we'd still say something is wrong even if we won the last 2 games, I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I agree with this. That shot of Chase, Tee, Boyd at the end of the game was so dejecting.

Both games these guys all didn't look fired up.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Both games these guys all didn't look fired up.

Super Bowl hangover could be real, these games are so far away from the SB. They're also a bunch of kids out there compared to most of us. They don't have the maturity yet, that's where the coaches and vets should come in lol. Boyd should be that guy but I think the line is just trash, imagine running your plays, getting open, looking back and seeing Burrow on the ground every time.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Super Bowl hangover could be real, these games are so far away from the SB. They're also a bunch of kids out there compared to most of us. They don't have the maturity yet, that's where the coaches and vets should come in lol. Boyd should be that guy but I think the line is just trash, imagine running your plays, getting open, looking back and seeing Burrow on the ground every time.

....or Mixon having to dodge defenders in the backfield.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe he hasn't gelled with the new lineman. Any way we'd still say something is wrong even if we won the last 2 games, I think.

I agree with you.

Regardless if they won the past two...  something still seems quite off.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Super Bowl hangover could be real, these games are so far away from the SB. They're also a bunch of kids out there compared to most of us. They don't have the maturity yet, that's where the coaches and vets should come in lol. Boyd should be that guy but I think the line is just trash, imagine running your plays, getting open, looking back and seeing Burrow on the ground every time.

Eh...you see teams like the Bears years ago have a good year out of nowhere then go back to sucking. It's more the norm.

I was hoping that wouldn't be us with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Something IS off for sure. Maybe JB hasn't fully recovered from his surgery? He said he spent 5 or 6 days in the hospital. They just seem a step or two off like timing is way off. The D is in their lap a split second after the snap. Receivers don't have time to run a route. They aren't in attack mode but tip-toe mode. How many drives end with a FG? Yes, Evan is clutch but can't rely on 3 pts. for comfy leads.

If board members here can easily see the issues surely there are enough football minds on the Bengals to sit down and have a pow-wow and get some new ideas and strategies. Who speaks up on the staff?
Reply/Quote
Think of the flip side, for so many years. People definitely bring their A game against the superbowl teams the next year, they can come home and have something to brag about - we just wiped out the superbowl representative last year. The target on their back.

I'm just waiting for some big hit to wake everyone up, for some reason I thought that'd work lol.

The line play looks really bad, don't know the PFF grades though.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't like the look on the sidelines. The WRs are sitting together looking like WTF. JB is sitting by himself looking like WTF. Something needs to click. We need an Offensive coach on the sidelines getting them together. Callahan ain't calling the game, he should be down there motivating.

Yup

This entire offense has looked dazed and confused the bulk of their plays on the field and on the sidelines way too much. Joe Burrow among them.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I agree with this. That shot of Chase, Tee, Boyd at the end of the game was so dejecting.

Yeah, feel like some doubt from the players could be creeping in. Can you imagine if ZT loses the locker room? That's literally all he has going for him coaching wise. It sure as hell ain't Xs and Os. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:55 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Something IS off for sure. Maybe JB hasn't fully recovered from his surgery? He said he spent 5 or 6 days in the hospital. They just seem a step or two off like timing is way off. The D is in their lap a split second after the snap. Receivers don't have time to run a route. They aren't in attack mode but tip-toe mode. How many drives end with a FG? Yes, Evan is clutch but can't rely on 3 pts. for comfy leads.

If board members here can easily see the issues surely there are enough football minds on the Bengals to sit down and have a pow-wow and get some new ideas and strategies. Who speaks up on the staff?

Sorry but 1st half struggles are a history with Burrow.. at some point excuses are used up... i don;t know the reason but Burrow needs to find the answer inside if he is actually going to reach the level of a QB , that he believes he can be.. the NFL is too good to rest your success over time on 2nd halfs... games are won over 4 quarters not 2..
Reply/Quote